Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turbo project parts help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo project parts help

ok, im going to be starting to get turbo parts together and i needed some help on different turbo's and manifolds and other parts needed, i was thinking of going to pick-A-part maybe and wondering what kinds of mitsubishi eclipse' and talons turbo and manifold would be the best?, what years of cars would help too, and tsi..whatever model woukd work in my 92 accord with sohc f20a engine, thanks
    rollin on em twankiez

to be cheap i'll suggest (if you have f22aX engine) yo pick a dsm manifold... then make yourself a t3 adapter... then take a saab, volvo turbo or in the best case... a thunderbird t3, .60/.48... then pick up a dsm bov... get a CCA (custom coach intercooler... from the groupbuy on homemadeturbo.com sales section)
    get some 450cc injctors (dsm, or rx7) get a chipped p06... then make your custom piping using 2.5" mandrel bend...

make a 3" dowpipe
    get a boost gauge and oil pressure gauge on ebay
    get your vacuum line and coupler from homedepot...
    get an oiline kit from stealthmodeperformance.com
    get a new clutch from lsdmotorsports.com
    get all your gasket/bolt/misc stuff from you local honda dealer...

sorry ... i'm fucking drunk

Comment

Originally posted by labatt50
      to be cheap i'll suggest (if you have f22aX engine) yo pick a dsm manifold... then make yourself a t3 adapter... then take a saab, volvo turbo or in the best case... a thunderbird t3, .60/.48... then pick up a dsm bov... get a CCA (custom coach intercooler... from the groupbuy on homemadeturbo.com sales section)
      get some 450cc injctors (dsm, or rx7) get a chipped p06... then make your custom piping using 2.5" mandrel bend...

make a 3" dowpipe
      get a boost gauge and oil pressure gauge on ebay
      get your vacuum line and coupler from homedepot...
      get an oiline kit from stealthmodeperformance.com
      get a new clutch from lsdmotorsports.com
      get all your gasket/bolt/misc stuff from you local honda dealer...

sorry ... i'm fucking drunk
      huh? If you want cheap, go all dsm turbo but you'll suffer from creeping and boost cut-off. And you probbly don't want a .60/.48 as that will be either too small of a turbine or compressor housing. And rx7 never had 450cc(only dsm)....word of advice, the rx7 460cc injectors doesn't work at all(I know, I tried) and go with dsm 450cc black top injectors and your set. If money wasn't a problem, I'd go with a t3 60 trim turbo as many has said it work well on the cb7's, or do what I did and bought a cheap turbo and got a smaller turbine housing to match where I want to be.
      My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

heh just get anothe rmanifold slap a t3/t turbo on it like i did get a tial38mm wastegate and some good chargepipes from me and last but not least. Then get the bov from ebay so i can weld it on there then that should be it get the intercooler from johnnyracer.com

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
          huh? If you want cheap, go all dsm turbo but you'll suffer from creeping and boost cut-off. And you probbly don't want a .60/.48 as that will be either too small of a turbine or compressor housing. And rx7 never had 450cc(only dsm)....word of advice, the rx7 460cc injectors doesn't work at all(I know, I tried) and go with dsm 450cc black top injectors and your set. If money wasn't a problem, I'd go with a t3 60 trim turbo as many has said it work well on the cb7's, or do what I did and bought a cheap turbo and got a smaller turbine housing to match where I want to be.
          Easy, labatt50 knows his stuff here. Even when drunk, suprisingly.
          1. The Thunderbird turbos are .60 turbine and .48 compressor. Thats nice for an entry level kit. The DSM turbos are much smaller than this!

2.There are 2 types of RX7 injectors. The high impedence red tops and the low impedence black tops. Our CB7s need the black ones.

3. As for the coupler advice, reinforced silicon only. That other stuff tears easily.

4. DSM kits can have boost creep avoided with a large diameter downpipe as well as a large diameter O2 housing.

5. Our turbo bible is set to release some time today. I am still working on this with MRX. Stay tuned.
          Last edited by KillerCam282; 01-15-2006, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
            Easy, labatt50 knows his stuff here. Even when drunk, suprisingly.
            1. The Thunderbird turbos are .60 turbine and .48 compressor. Thats nice for an entry level kit. The DSM turbos are much smaller than this!

2.There are 2 types of RX7 injectors. The high impedence red tops and the low impedence black tops. Our CB7s need the black ones.

3. As for the coupler advice, reinforced silicon only. That other stuff tears easily.

4. DSM kits can have boost creep avoided with a large diameter downpipe as well as a large diameter O2 housing.

5. Our turbo bible is set to release some time today. I am still working on this with MRX. Stay tuned.
            There isn't any black rx7 injectors made...

That was pulled off of here. And the problem with boost creeps are with the wastegate, so look for a t3 then.
            Last edited by Clueless; 01-15-2006, 11:36 AM.

Comment

The infamous tan tops...I forgot thats the color. Good find. The actual WG problem is the flapper, not the actuator. It needs a bigger exhaust to vent into.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                The infamous tan tops...I forgot thats the color. Good find. The actual WG problem is the flapper, not the actuator. It needs a bigger exhaust to vent into.
                That what I meant by WG.....maybe you should include that chart in your turbo bible, would be useful...

Comment

thanks for the help so far..
                  ok, so what year of thunderbird would i want to pull the turbo out of, and would i grab the manifold from what year of eclipse, or would a different one be better
                  rollin on em twankiez

Comment

pull the manifold from any 1st or 2nd gen eclipse/talon, I've heard that the 1st gen have a tendency to crack easy, so yea, get a 2nd gen.

1st gen eclipse/talon:

2nd Gen:

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by 92_accord_f20a
                      thanks for the help so far..
                      ok, so what year of thunderbird would i want to pull the turbo out of, and would i grab the manifold from what year of eclipse, or would a different one be better
                      Well, if you got the dsm mani(which is fine, but you'll need to do some work to make it fit) you'll still need an adaptor that goes from the circol with 4 bolts to the rectangular with 4 bolts pattern...I saw some made by SSAC for like 40 or 50 bucks. I think it's better to go get a nice t3 mani...

Comment

so what year car and model would the t3 mani come off, and would the thunderbird turbo be good, what year thunderbird would i be looking for?
                        rollin on em twankiez

Comment

Originally posted by 92_accord_f20a
                          so what year car and model would the t3 mani come off, and would the thunderbird turbo be good, what year thunderbird would i be looking for?
                          to get a t3 manifold, you gota go custom, which means go look for someone to make you it. homemadeturbo.com is a good place for that, you can get a quality log style mani for around 200.

but yea dude, if you want cheap, then just go with a full dsm set up. Get a big 16g, 2nd gen manifold, 1st gen bov, cca intercooler(from hmt), oil lines from stealthmodeperformance.com, charge pipes from sparkle, couplers from home depot, and all your tuning accesories from xenocron.com(chipped p06, rom burner.etc....).

that cheap^^ imo.

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

kool, i dunno if im gonna try n do the install but i want to try, i havent worked on cars that much but when i crashed mine i fixed it all myself, havent worked with engines THAT much, and wouldnt know a thing about tuning it or ecu..
                            rollin on em twankiez

Comment

t-bird turbos are normally t 60/63's not 60/48. newbs. whatever you do, don't get a t-bird ihi turbo, they are shit.

Comment

Working...
                              X