Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo F22 project (56k grab a rope)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anybody in here used a SSAUTOSHIT BIG 16G TURBO b4?

Comment

well im not getting heated about this ssauto good or bad shit conversation but i as well have seen many cases of ssautocrome products being used on 3 diff. cars and my own personal and if you buy it from the seller named ssautocrome you should be fine as far as not getting a turbo that has a two piece design turbo housing, while i am personaly not using ssautocrome turbo i am using the 4g63 t3 flanged manifold and have yet to have a problem being boosted for 9-10 months now, and have seen another self tuner running a complete ssautocrome setup on his b18 ls motor running there 57 trim t3/t4 for 7 months with no problems with there turbo at all, and have seen as well a rsx runnin one of there 57 trims on a custom manifold that has had no problems with the turbo at all, and have seen the ssauto gt35R on a built b18 hatch that hasn't had problems with the turbo and is puttin down close to 500whp on his setup.

So as far as of with-in the last year of products that i have seen personaly on cars there doesn't seem to be to any problems but yes there manifolds did seem to be bad for a while which seems to be fixed now. So take it or leave it im not here to make them look good or bad. So if u don't like what i got to say then o well cause im not here to dispute, just give what i have delt with.

Comment

the two peice XS power turbos were fake and cheaply made in China. they were NOT real SSautochrome.
        Last edited by MRX; 01-17-2006, 09:30 PM.
        -Mark-
        CB7
        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

i've been running one for over a year now, no problems.
          Last edited by MRX; 01-17-2006, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Having two turbo manifolds in my hands it be comes very apparent when buying a sscrome manifold you get what you pay for. Still I would have to say they are very functionable and are worth every penny. So dont hate on them, and when you can lay down 5-6 bills for a nice manifold dont hessitate to do so.

Its sorta like putting dropzone coilovers on you car and then comparing the ride to some tein ss or invidia. You just cant compare and you end up feeling like a cheep dumb ass. Get what you can afford you have nothing to prove to anyone. We are all broke bitches here on cb7tuners, and are doing the best with what we got.
            Last edited by CBL; 01-16-2006, 03:02 AM.

Comment

show dynos and reliabilility and you win... not directed at you 90boostd
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

This sucker is heavy dude, that manifold feels real solid compared to other turbo manifolds i've handled...
                Chris's Turbo F22 Project (SSAutoChrome)
                My 93 Honda Civic Turbo Project/Members ride page

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
                  This sucker is heavy dude, that manifold feels real solid compared to other turbo manifolds i've handled...
                  yeah and that is part of the problem, that it cant hold its weight plus weight of the turbo and cracks. so if u r gonna run ssautoshit i would suggest making some kind of a mount for the turbo so its not just "hanging" on the manifold.
                  h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                  New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
                    yeah and that is part of the problem, that it cant hold its weight plus weight of the turbo and cracks. so if u r gonna run ssautoshit i would suggest making some kind of a mount for the turbo so its not just "hanging" on the manifold.
                    already in the process of doing that How is a strong manifold part of the problem? It's not like the old SSAC's where the manifold was the weight of a loaf of bread and you were attaching a brick to the bottom of it
                    Last edited by MRX; 01-17-2006, 09:33 PM.
                    Chris's Turbo F22 Project (SSAutoChrome)
                    My 93 Honda Civic Turbo Project/Members ride page

Comment

Jeff(at hmt) says that he trusts their turbo's WAY more than he does with thei manifolds.

His SSAC project is still holding up. He says its running good, but thats because he built it very well and the kid probably doesnt even push it. So yea, I trust him when it comes to shit like this, especially since he's had personally experience with that.

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I want to see him push the card as hard as he can it is probably standing still but anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                          Jeff(at hmt) says that he trusts their turbo's WAY more than he does with thei manifolds.

His SSAC project is still holding up. He says its running good, but thats because he built it very well and the kid probably doesnt even push it. So yea, I trust him when it comes to shit like this, especially since he's had personally experience with that.

-Jose
                          Actually it's the other way around....he said he still haven't had problems with the SSAC turbo's, but the manifolds are iffy...
                          My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by Danno

Hey buddy, get the fuck out of my thread. Look over on HomemadeTurbo, Jeff (AbaZ) has personally talked to the owner of SSAC and thats the reason he's switched everything and is making good products now. Jeff has done about 5 setups I believe with his new shit, and has not had ONE PROBLEM TO DATE. Wow, who would imagine that?

dude, I just talked to him last night. He said sac manifolds are still really shitty, and not much has improved. He says the turbo is fine, but not the manifold.

He has done many ssac set ups, to his customers tho. Ask him if he would ever put ssac in any of his cars, I'm sure that he'd tell you that you're fucking retarded for even thinkin that.

prodigymb meant(i think he mean this) that it's part of the problem because the manifold is already heavy as it is, then you add weight of the turbo, and that causes the joints to have more stress, and cracks when its super hot. Just because its heavy doesnt meant its gona be strong, if thats what you meant.

-Jose
                            Last edited by d112crzy; 01-16-2006, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
                              Actually it's the other way around....he said he still haven't had problems with the SSAC turbo's, but the manifolds are iffy...
                              thats what I said caleb I said that the turbo is fine, and he doesnt trust the mani.

weirdo...

-Jose

*get on aim foo*

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=38428

not another word or i start tossing weight
                                Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Working...
                                X