Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo F22 project (56k grab a rope)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo F22 project (56k grab a rope)

This is my cousin Chris's 1993 Honda Accord LX that we're turboing.. I'll post up more pics later and such and update it regularly.

Specs:

F22A1 (internally stock) 145k
    SSAutoChrome DSM turbo manifold
    SSAutoChrome Big 16g Turbo
    2.5" I/O high flow cat
    2.5" cat-back exhaust
    2.5" I/4.5" O Vibrant performance muffler

Here's the car as it sits (looks wise) and how it was NA

This is it so far but we're ordering charge piping, a BOV, an intercooler and DSM 450's later this week :6 enjoy the pics

First off, some good ole' fashion fun with a junk RX7

Owned.

Chris's Header removed (also the bumper and bumper support were removed at this point as well)
    Last edited by Danno; 01-15-2006, 01:05 AM.
    Chris's Turbo F22 Project (SSAutoChrome)
    My 93 Honda Civic Turbo Project/Members ride page

uh oh... Is that a 2-piece compressor housing? Hope you got a good warranty on that snail.

This can happen to you.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

damn i heard those manifolds crack be very careful and be sure to breakout the gas welder to hold it down.

Comment

The turbo looks pretty decent. I dont think they will experience too much problems with it.

Comment

ya that turbo looks nice, and I hope it doesn't crack right down the middle that would really suck.
          GOT REBEL?

"There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer."

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
            damn i heard those manifolds crack be very careful and be sure to breakout the gas welder to hold it down.
            ssautochrome have re-designed their manifolds so you won't get cracks and such that made them famous back in the day.

Comment

The Almost Turbo F22 project (56k grab a rope)

Who needs a toolbox.. phh... :1

Goodbye NA!

Mmm metal tastes sooo good

Bill grindin some oil off (it was on there thick)

Grinding through the head flange to make the DSM work for the Accord :6

Bumper before I had my way with it >

After (A fatty FMIC would fit in there great.. currently trying to convince him into buying a CCA intercooler)

Manifold kinda-sorta on :P

Chris called me a bit ago and said he got everything done so the manifold sits flush to the head like its supposed to... tomorrow we'll probably throw the turbo on and wait for parts to arrive

Juan's right, these are the new manifolds and new turbo's (he changed vendors) so we'll see how she lasts.

Bump for updated thread.
              Last edited by Danno; 03-09-2007, 12:09 AM. Reason: no more

Comment

car needs a lil bodywork. But this is gonna be an awesome sleeper. How you going to tune it etc.

Keep posting pics.. ahhh

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                  car needs a lil bodywork. But this is gonna be an awesome sleeper. How you going to tune it etc.

Keep posting pics.. ahhh
                  Def. Needs body work, but I talked Chris out of putting a body kit on in favor of going turbo... we'll see what he does here soon.

We're gonna get a p06 chipped for Uberdata and use that!

I will continue posting pictures of all of the progress.

Comment

I diff like to know how the SSAC mani and turbo holds up....wierd looking valvecover btw...
                    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

I'm sure the manifold will hold up, it's the turbo I'm worried about. I know they have really worked on making the manifold design better and I'm starting to hear good things about those manifolds. But not the turbos, not yet at least.

-Jose

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                        I'm sure the manifold will hold up, it's the turbo I'm worried about. I know they have really worked on making the manifold design better and I'm starting to hear good things about those manifolds. But not the turbos, not yet at least.

-Jose
                        I have thought about getting one too, but I need a t4 flange...

Comment

I can't wait to see the end results for this project. Like i said, I'm only worried about the turbo, so yea. lol, I would have an extra housing around just in case.

-jose
                          Last edited by MRX; 01-17-2006, 09:27 PM.

Comment

90boostedaccord said in the thread on HMT that his has held for well over a year

I'm already getting a DSM manifold and gonna shop around for other parts "just in case"... SSAuto seems to have changed his tune but we shall see
                            Last edited by MRX; 01-17-2006, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
                              He said in the thread on HMT that his has held for well over a year

I'm already getting a DSM manifold and gonna shop around for other parts "just in case"... SSAuto seems to have changed his tune but we shall see
                              just wish they had a t4 flange for my massive turbo...

Comment

Working...
                              X