Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike
    can u clear up v-tak for me?...i never cought on to wat that ment
    For me V-TAK is VTEC.

Comment

oo no IMO vtec is pointless unless ur keepin it stock cuz y kick in a 4500rpm and have that lag when u can just get a nice cam(s) and just allways be v-tec basicaly. i guess its nice for DD but ill prob just leave my cam alone dont much need it for 350-400.......and if i were to head swap i would do f22b cuz i dont wana go threw the trouble of drrilling oil lines and wat not
      Last edited by Mike; 12-26-2005, 12:30 AM.

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

screw vtec, when after losing ppl ask me what i have as if its not obvious via hks ssqv i say VTAK and 5spd and they go "OOOOOOOHHHHH"
        h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
        New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

oo no IMO vtec is pointless unless ur keepin it stock cuz y kick in a 4500rpm and have that lag when u can just get a nice cam(s) and just allways be v-tec basicaly. i guess its nice for DD but ill prob just leave my cam alone dont much need it for 350-400.......and if i were to head swap i would do f22b cuz i dont wana go threw the trouble of drrilling oil lines and wat not
          Only reason why I think VTAK is suited for DD's is because you can have a stock profile for off VTAK and turbo profile for VTAK. Too complicated for my taste, I just burn the gas and make the noise.

Comment

Like said above vtec is a little overrated. I personally would rather have a h23 with the big cams and have it lob and all that good stuff. vtec just adds to the list of stuff that could break and if you buy full race cams for a vtec motor, all the lobs are the same size... vtec lob and regular lob getting rid if vtec anyways.

Now for my why vtec is great. Car has great idle and mpg when driving normal. Other than a great idle the car also can be driven at low rpms with out the car jumping from speed to speed. If you want vtec to kick earlier than 5200(stock h22 with p13) then either chip a p28 and drop it in or grab a hondata/vafc. I was hooked on the way vtec sounded the first time I heard an ITR fly by my house. Then I drove a s2k and let me tell you... The change over is awesome and the sound is unreal.
            Last edited by koolkoreanked; 12-26-2005, 09:44 AM.
            Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
            registration is free

Comment

^^^Went into detail with what I was saying. Good job.

Comment

^^^ Thank you, thank you. I try

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                  ^^^Went into detail with what I was saying. Good job.
                  hah and it was basicaly wat i started to say too

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

hah and it was basicaly wat i started to say too
                    no you said vtec is pointless unless your going to keep it stock... your wrong. I mean seriously if your on a roll and you cant keep the car in vtec then you dont need to be driving... The only time the car will be out of vtec is on the launch. If its that much of a problem then launch higher or get a controller.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

well i really think different h22 are not overrated i have had a f22b2 bottom end a6 head and mani took out the butterflies and delta 272 regrind headers cam gear never got it tuned it ran good but the cam is just 2 aggresive for everyday driving just like u said it hops from speed 2 speed i got really tired with it after a while and then i ran across a h22 swap engine tranny and ecu wow what a big difference i'm not saying the f22 isn't worth but should be fine with using good cams like 262 duration rather than 272 and turbo the hell out of it and it should be hella fun that's really the only prob i had was the cams not really that drivable far as everyday driving good for the race track.

the h22 is just so sexy b/c of the primary and mid lobes 2 different profiles meaning u can run the biggest cams u can a not worry about drive ablility probs. there's alot of difference between the 2 i'm not really gonna get into all of that this really could go on forever

b/c i was a sohc guy now i realized the power of the h22

also i ran a 15.0 with h22 with a 2.4 60ft no traction needs better tires and trapped at 95 mph

the f22 ran 16.0 with the same 60ft time so u bee the judge

H23vtec
                      Kee Built/Tuned

87x95 11.7 compression, custom h22 intake, minor head port polished, 70mm tb, 3inch cold air/3inch vstack, stock cams,ebay header with 3inch collector,3inch exhaust.

9.0's at 81mph in the 1/8th mile ohh how i miss my baby.

Comment

^^^ I can back up his f22 times cause thats what my f22 did stock. I'm hoping to be it the same no traction low low 15 high 14 braket with my newly founded h22.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

We are talking turbos here, who cares for stock times...

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                            We are talking turbos here, who cares for stock times...

lol your right... BACK ON TOPIC.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

is 28 psi to much for the f22 if u build the bottom end (rods sleeves pistons bockgard) and and fuel system and wat not?........this question originates becuase i origionaly wanted to boost the h22 but i found that to be a lil unrealistic (espesailly on the wallet)...but im still dead set on goin at least a lil past past 350 hp
                              no thats not too much... but your shit better be sleeved... and you better have a good fuel system and a good tuner....
                              i've had mine at 20-22psi only one time, and plan to raise it to around 30psi...
                              i need to work on tuning 22psi then work my way up...
                              12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                              11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                              F22a1
                              60-1 td06h turbo
                              Darton mid sleeves
                              85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                              Crower pro billet rods
                              Custom ported head.
                              KMS valves
                              F23 headgasket
                              ARP H23 headstuds
                              H23 upper intake manifold
                              F22a6 lower intake manifold
                              Intake manifold is gutted
                              AEM EMS 1040u
                              FIC 850cc injectors
                              Walbro 255 pump
                              H23 manual trans
                              Prelude shifter assembly
                              Forbidden short throw
                              Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

Working...
                              X