Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

New Turbo....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Turbo....

I'm looking to buy a new turbo to replace my old one(14b turbo for sale) and was thinking of the SSAC t04e either 50 trim or 57 trim. Here are some maps I found for these two turbo, I'm not acutally sure how to read them yet though...

T04e 40 trim

T04e 46 trim

T04e 50 trim

T04e 54 trim

T04e 57 trim

T04e 60 trim

Let me know what you think...
    Last edited by Clueless; 12-07-2005, 01:33 AM.
    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

i wouldnt get a ssac turbo just search on ht about them
    www.2camcrew.com

Comment

thats what happens to SSAC turbo's. Go to h-t and hmt and search ssac turbos, they suck ass.

just dont buy anything ssac.

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy

thats what happens to SSAC turbo's. Go to h-t and hmt and search ssac turbos, they suck ass.

just dont buy anything ssac.

-Jose
        But from my understanding, that turbo is made by SSAC knock off company...SSAC says thier housing is one piece design instead of the cheaply made 2 piece.

Notice how the first pic doesn't have a square tag and the second one does? hmm...
        Last edited by Clueless; 12-07-2005, 02:27 AM.

Comment

damn, thats stupid, why would anyone make knof offs from ssac? lol

i duno, just make sure you get all the information about the turbo, ask questions to the seller, dont get fucked over.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
            damn, thats stupid, why would anyone make knof offs from ssac? lol

i duno, just make sure you get all the information about the turbo, ask questions to the seller, dont get fucked over.
            Yea... i notice on ebay that SSAC username is www.SSautochrome.com or something like that and and another user name XSpower or something like that claming to be SSAC.

Comment

Any other imput?

Comment

yes there are fake ssautochrome turbos, just read on HMT about there recent experiencs with real ssac products, while some of there manifolds are not worth it still, ppl have been having pretty good luk with there turbos and i have seen it first hand a b18 with the 50 trim on it and works pretty damn well and he has had no problems for like the past 7 months, and i have seen my homeboys build b18 making in the 500whp range with there gt35r and has had no problems so far for the past 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire32
                  yes there are fake ssautochrome turbos, just read on HMT about there recent experiencs with real ssac products, while some of there manifolds are not worth it still, ppl have been having pretty good luk with there turbos and i have seen it first hand a b18 with the 50 trim on it and works pretty damn well and he has had no problems for like the past 7 months, and i have seen my homeboys build b18 making in the 500whp range with there gt35r and has had no problems so far for the past 3 months.
                  I found a 57 trim on ebay finally, it was in the ebay store. Also, what ya think of the maps?

Comment

I can show you where you would be at on the map if you were to run 10psi, but that information is pretty useless to you because none of the maps you showed would theoretically work very well with your motor. You're very close to the surge line on all of those.

At 10psi your pressure ratio would be about 1.7 and your CMF (corrected mass flow) would be about 15 at 4,000 RPM, 18.7 at 5,000 RPM, and 22.5 @ 6,000 RPM.

At 14.7psi (1 bar) your PR would be 2.1 and your CMF would be at 17.8, 22, and 26.7 respectively to the RPMs above.

But just because the compressor map says one thing doesn't mean you won't get another...and vice versa. In order to get a compressor map that matches my B16 pretty good I'd have to get a GT25...and that is a drastically undersized turbo for what I'm going after.

Comment

a t04e 57 trim looks promising....needs rebuilt with quality parts, but don't worry...

Comment

uh-oh

Comment

Here are two pics of the turbo I'm getting:

Yes, I know ya'll gonna say it'sa pile of crap and stuff, but it will be fine!

Comment

They claim Garrett internals...

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                              They claim Garrett internals...
                              oh well...you know that cool turbo you showed me last night? I wouldn't work without buying another turbo manifold...

Comment

Working...
                              X