Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

should i resleeve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should i resleeve?

hey guys i am thinking of rebuilding some of the weak points in the f22(turbo ready)
    now i am gona use forget pistons... should i resleeve before droping these new pistons in?
    and how much would it coast to resleeve the f22?
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Yes resleeve. www.f22parts.com

Comment

why's you give him that link? I didnt know they resleeve.

anyways, yes, you should definately resleeve that baby. If you put forged pistons and rods, but no sleeves, thats half assing it. Go with a block guard if resleeving is not an option, but sleeving is the way to go.

JG is a good place to get it resleeved, and I think that DH Racing resleeves as well, but i may be wrong.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

DH Racing, Darton Sleeves w/ 87mm bore, 1 large. Nuff said.

Comment

anyone know how much is it to resleeve? i just need a general amount.

Comment

DH- racing charges a 1000 to do it for you or 350 for the parts.
            h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
            New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

wow $1000 there go my plans down the drain.

Comment

i run darton mid-sleeves in my f22a
                I think they were about $1350 installed...
                12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                F22a1
                60-1 td06h turbo
                Darton mid sleeves
                85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                Crower pro billet rods
                Custom ported head.
                KMS valves
                F23 headgasket
                ARP H23 headstuds
                H23 upper intake manifold
                F22a6 lower intake manifold
                Intake manifold is gutted
                AEM EMS 1040u
                FIC 850cc injectors
                Walbro 255 pump
                H23 manual trans
                Prelude shifter assembly
                Forbidden short throw
                Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
                  wow $1000 there go my plans down the drain.

if you look around you can find other prices from 700 from some shops..
                  Last edited by lowoctane; 11-09-2005, 01:33 PM.

^sold

Comment

yes, it is a lil pricey, but if you look at what it will do for you, and how much you will save in the long run, you realize that its not that expensive and a good investment, kinda like a bullet proof vest. know what i mean?

but like i said before, if sleeving is too much for you right now, then do a block guard, but its very arguable that it helps or not. I really dont care cuz i wouldnt get one, but thats just me.
                    can someone plz give more info on block guards plz?

Comment

block gaurds are garbage in my opinion, the keep heat in places you dont want them, as in the top of the block is usually the hottest and that is where the gaurd sit, Pressed right up against the top and no coolant able to reach because the sleeve is sitting furter in. Some have no problems. Most just do it to help stiffen the top of the block up, to even the stress on the walls them selves, but craking usually stars in the middle or bottom, so whats the point of them?...they hold in heat

but i would either sleeve or keep it stock...i wouldnt touch block gaurds..

gramar and speeling sucks, in hurry hahah.
                      Last edited by lowoctane; 11-09-2005, 01:45 PM.

^sold

Comment

but cant you set your block guard a certain height? like so it would only go up to about mid-sleeve, or a little bit higher than mid way. eh, i duno.

how about block posting? thats like an uber cheap alternative to sleeving. I heard that it was pretty effective from the people at hmt.

discuss

Comment

i believe they just sit at the top, never seen them in any other location. If you could put it in mid, you would have to figure out a way to have it permanently stay there to prevent it from sliding around.

Block posting, eh, its a way to do it. If you like drilling into the side of your block, and would be a better then to use blockgaurds because coolant can still flow around them. The little threads they use to Pin the block are the same exact aluminum as the block and are a good size so they heat and cool with the block. Nothing is restricting the coolant. Just gotta get some taps, some of those studs/pins, a good eye to try to line it up center/center with the sleevs, and some light tourquing to make holes and insert the studs, some JB weld and your good to go.
                          Last edited by lowoctane; 11-09-2005, 02:24 PM.

^sold

Comment

I second that block posting is a good idea if you most definitely can not afford resleeving.

Also, people need to stop throwing around that f22parts.com link. They're absolutely terrible and I wouldn't ever buy a single thing from them. I can find anything I could possibly need for an F series without going there, and at a much lower price... they're just a bunch of lazy resellers that decided it would be a great idea to throw F22 parts up for sale on a site that you can find cheaper elsewhere.

Comment

i just learend two things from this thread.
                              first i am not gona resleeve. i'm just gona get some aftermarket pistons in order to get better ringlands
                              i need to do a deeper research on a f22 engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X