Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

4g63T vs. f22a, 16g vs. 14b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flacopower
    gs spyder/ gst spyder... and to the best of my knowledge NO eclipse came with a 16g only evos... i want proof that an eclipse came with a 16g because i have NEVER heard of this..
    i can vouche that no USDM 4G63 ever came witha 16g
    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
      doesnt the new evo have a 16g?
      -Mark-
      CB7
      CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
      Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

One of my homies had a '93 1.8 Eclipse. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN WAS THAT THING SLOW. And he had a fart pipe...trips on the highway were agony....

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
          doesnt the new evo have a 16g?
          do, i know its a TD06H turbocharger which is bigger then 16g which is TD05H. i honestly do not know wether its an 18g or a 20g/
          h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
          New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

do, i know its a TD06H turbocharger which is bigger then 16g which is TD05H. i honestly do not know wether its an 18g or a 20g/
            good to know, thanks
            -Mark-
            CB7
            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

i heard that it was a modified version of the 16g that was on the evo 8...

Comment

i heard that it was a modified version of the 16g that was on the evo 8...
                lol that thing definetly looked way bigger then my big eo iii 16g
                h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

1,000 lbs more??? so my car weighs 3,800lbs? and as for the statment as to why mitsubishi put the t25: why the fuck is my BOV plastic???? to cut costs...
                  I'm so lost as to what you said there..... I was saying that the sedan cb7 weighs roughly 1k LESS than the AWD model DSM's. my 92 TSI was rated at 4136 but weighed 3910 with me in it on the scales and my 94 GST was rated at 3975 but scaled out at 3796 with me in it. So the 94 has got a bunch of extra weight somewhere I just couldn't figure out where, I know for a fact that the driveline, transfercase, rear axle, rear dif weighed more than the 160 lbs difference they had down for rated weights from the front wheel to AWD models.

Yeah the 1.8L isn't on the list that you posted for that link, but the 1.8L is a SOHC powerhouse. When I drove those things I swear a slug beat me off the line lol. There's actually a shitload more to the Eclipse/Laser/Talon line than any of us have put down here and I could link all 200 links I have in my favorites, but why.......

Comment

I will also vouche for this, no USDM model came stock with the 16g ever. The JDM cyclone 4g63 that came in the eclipse on the other hand, did come with a 16g but only on the AWD models. And the last thing I'm going to post on this thread lol In 1990 the Official first year of production for the eclipse. Mitsubishi produced 50 gullwing Eclipses as a promotion..... This is my golden goose of cars... I want one so bad I would sell my left nut for one.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordwagon
                      I was saying that the sedan cb7 weighs roughly 1k LESS than the AWD model DSM's. my 92 TSI was rated at 4136 but weighed 3910 with me in it on the scales and my 94 GST was rated at 3975 but scaled out at 3796 with me in it.
                      dude something is wrong because even the new HUGE eclipses only weigh roughly 3800...

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordwagon
                        I would sell my left nut for one.
                        ahahaha!!!
                        My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

dude something is wrong because even the new HUGE eclipses only weigh roughly 3800...
                          Not really, 1g dsm's were great bulks of straight weight, iron through and through. The 2g DSM's got lighter I can't remember specific on them but they were a few hundred less than the 1g's. I was in contact with a guy who was doing weight reduction on his and managed to get it down to 3200 without him in the car. I have a set of black leathers from a 1g dsm in my wagon they tip the scales at 53 lbs a piece! Look at the GTO (300gt) of those years they push the scales at nearly 4500. The 2006 Dodge charger I'm driving right now, 4900 lbs with the v-6 in it, the Hemi editions run over 5k. What does that have to do with CB's and DSM's nothing, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
                          Last edited by 91accordwagon; 11-09-2005, 01:26 AM.

Comment

You bastards, I hope you know I just spent the past 15 minutes sitting in my garage looking at this damn car..... DAMN YOU! That's right, this car just sits in my car begging me to put an engine in it every single time I go to the garage and start up my cb9. My stomach knots just thinking about dsm. I miss my first baby...

Comment

too many comments to make but I can only concentrate on the most recent. lol. So about that weight, you were probably looking at the gross vehicle weight. Even my heavy galant vr4 is under 3400 pounds stock. No offense, but how much do you weigh? It must be a lot or those scales were pretty far off.
                              HSHO #3

Comment

who said i was just talking about USDM.......... i didnt say that.

and second we was talking about 4g63t's right............

and im saying they came with...... 14b.........13b.........16g........ or t25.

its japanese spec, called the cyclone motor, the intake manifolds are different from the USDM version. they mostly were put in the galant vr-4's

sorry......... someone already beat me to the cyclone motor (didnt read every post)

also for the weight my Tsi weights roughly 3500lbs, thats full everything (without me in it)
                                that bitch is heavy, right now i have it parked where u see it in my sig, i had it in the driveway, but now its just sitting there cause that bitch is 2 heavy for 2 people to push..........and i workout 4 times a week....lol. the cb7, i could push that myself no problem
                                Last edited by theone; 11-09-2005, 08:51 AM.
                                NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

Working...
                                X