Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

I think i killed it :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think i killed it :(

yeah so i hear this noise when i start moving. i turn down my music, and listen and it sound pretty bad . now when i rev up my engine there is this noise coming from the engine. i was able to drive the car home fine but the sound is pretty bad. im goin to compression test in the morning but yeah. i think i am f**ked.
    Last edited by prodigymb; 11-04-2005, 09:20 AM.
    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

That really sucks dude... what kinda of noise is it? i.e. knock, rattle ping.
    Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
    registration is free

Comment

damn that suks! how did u blow it?

Comment

dont really know, i didnt race or anything. but the noise sounds like some kind of a bearing maybe. it doesnt sound like tapping or pinging.
        h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
        New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

after listening closer it sounds like a rod bearing
          h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
          New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

whats does that sound like?

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

if its a rod bearing its kinda a knocking noise correct? that's how my last two accord motors went...

SOLD!

Comment

i love how this kid goes "i hear a sound" and everyone is like "dude that sucks about ur car"

so anyway what was the sound, did it drive any differently, did it smell any differently?
                details details!!!

Comment

no it doesn't really drive any different. it doesnt smell any different and it doesnt look any different. it just sounds very very different.
                  h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                  New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

did u check ur dizzy bearing, it makes a scratching noise and doen't effect driving usually.

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire32
                      did u check ur dizzy bearing, it makes a scratching noise and doen't effect driving usually.
                      whats a dizzy bearing?
                      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

he means if your distributor is going bad it makes a noise.It could be something as simple as your dizzy.Were does the noise come from?Put your ear next ton the dizzy.

ILBB
                        People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                        The world needs to be reset.

Comment

When the dizzy goes bad, the car drives much differently. If this sounds is very metally, I believe that this is coming from the engine itself. Rod bearings dont ping or anything. They just give up and toss your rod away.

Comment

i have had the bearing in my dizzy somehow get messed up and it ran fine but it was continuesly making a scratching like noise like the bearing was locked up kinda casuing it to drag, very horriable noise that would continue to go on, but it didn't have anything to do with how it ran. just my experiece in the past not neccesiarly urs.

Comment

its offcial ... i spun a rod-bearing. bottom end is getting torn upart this week to replace. yay yay my block isnt dead lol !
                              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Working...
                              X