Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Is my current turbo ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how don't you know what the turbo is before you buy it?
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Post pics of that turbo. What you said really didn't make any kind of sense to me.

Comment

k give me a min. the reason i dont know shit about the turbo is cuz im not that educated in turbo's.
        Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

Originally posted by kccb7
          k give me a min. the reason i dont know shit about the turbo is cuz im not that educated in turbo's.
          We all start somewhere my friend.

Comment

its a t4 b or e. any 1 know the difference between them?
            Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

the compressor maps are different.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

in difference i ment physical apperance. ways i can identify them.
                Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

probably not, not that i know of atleast

Comment

well the exhaust side is .48 im not sure yet about the compressor side. it just has a serial plate on the back and says upgrade and a serial number. it has about a 2.5" intake. and its a garrett

here are some pics of the car the turbo came off. not sure if oyu have seen this. i bought the whole kit w/ pipes, turbo, manifold, extra parts for like 200 shipped to my door. all i really wanted at first was the piping but i would like to rebuild this turbo too.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...3/f73ca051.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...e/f73ca053.jpg
                    Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

still tells us nothing. The exhaust side doesn't matter. The "B" and "E" refer to the compressor housing. Contact whoever you bought the turbo from cause we won't know. Who's setup is that anyways?

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                          still tells us nothing. The exhaust side doesn't matter. The "B" and "E" refer to the compressor housing. Contact whoever you bought the turbo from cause we won't know. Who's setup is that anyways?
                          I am not saying this like i am sure or anything, but doesn't the exhaust a/r give a idea what the spooling rate is gonna be? . (I seriously thought thats what that was. Bigger number = slower spool... )

Comment

a/r definately tells us that but the a/r for the turbos can easily be changed from .48 to .63 to .82 and so on. Meaning the exhaust housing in this case does not make the turbo as a whole. Its probably a t3/t04...but we won't know what kind. The compressor housing is the most important to identify in this case.

Theres also the potential ricer effect. Suppose somebody asks him what turbo he's running...he can't very well say "i don't know." He be the laughing stock.

Comment

i dont have a problem admitting i dont know everything about turbo's and some motor things. Now back to the subject. it looks like im SOL until i can identify the compressor side. Some jackass got dremmel happy on the compressor side and polished all the shit off before i got to it. WAIT.........................I was just looking close at the serial number it says.........T04B. Learn from me... weed kills.
                              Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

what can you tell me now?
                                Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

Working...
                                X