Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cam

have any of you tried to replace our cam? if so with which one ? how much did it run you. my friend has an sr20 G20 and keeps talking about getting cams for his car and that gains are blah blah blah.....
    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Some ppl that went turbo after exploring n/a for awhile still had their delta 272 cam installed. I haven't seen any dyno's out of any of those ppl. Also fastaccord93 says the delta 272 cam makes great top end power over stock but its originally for n/a applications not turbo. Contact delta and see if they'll do a turbo spec cam for you. They usually cost $100
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I put a stock A6 cam in my car, and it was a noticable improvement over the stock A4 cam. I don't know which one you have, but there also weren't any drivability problems.

Web Cams is another good outfit to talk to about a custom grind.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I've talked with Delta through email, and they sent me some specs on a recommended turbo cam which was about $100 like mrx said. Currently, I'm using a Gude cam in my car with the turbo setup. It's designed for n/a, but compared to the one other boosted cb7 I've ridden in I can definitely tell a difference in the powerband. I can feel boost hit, but I also feel the cam kick in and it pulls hard up to 7k with no power drop off at all. I won't have time to dyno it until December-January so I'll just have to wait and see what the powerband looks like. I would recommend getting an upgraded cam though because even the n/a ones seem to work well.

Comment

Crower turbo profile cams if you have a H23, F22B and F20A. I had plenty of experience with them before (in other cars), they are monstrous. I will definitely be getting a set for my F22B.

Comment

but how much are they, and can you provide a link? I was lookin for h23 cams and couldn't find any turbo spec ones.
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Ask and you shall recieve...H23 etc, cams.

Comment

well this week im gonna get dynoed on my stock a6 cam and when i get delta cam mostlikey ill dyno again cuz its not a problem for me anymore.
                h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

blah i emailed delta a week ago and i still have no response !
                  h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                  New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

ok so i talked to them (delta) over the phone and they said with a turbo regrind i should get 15% gains. which is not bad because for it as of right now it means 30-35 hp. problem is they dont have any cores so i have to mail them mine which i dont want to do due to being very tired of down time so im gonna try to find a spare one.
                    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

essington ave south philly by the airport.
                      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
                        ok so i talked to them (delta) over the phone and they said with a turbo regrind i should get 15% gains. which is not bad because for it as of right now it means 30-35 hp. problem is they dont have any cores so i have to mail them mine which i dont want to do due to being very tired of down time so im gonna try to find a spare one.
                        i'll try one out soon enough after i get my power back.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
                          essington ave south philly by the airport.
                          for sure dude !

midnite ill try it too and ill get a map in crome for you that has worked for me. im just having trouble finding a spare cam grrrrr ! If anyone is willing to lend/sell me one for this experiment id appreciate it and ill definetly post the gains for you guys.
                          h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                          New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

bump...
                            does anybody have the actual specs of any of the delta cams. I'm doing some research. Fearit can u post the specs delta gave you? From what i'm seeing overlap is our friend.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                              bump...
                              does anybody have the actual specs of any of the delta cams. I'm doing some research. Fearit can u post the specs delta gave you? From what i'm seeing overlap is our friend.
                              ill get specs from them for ya
                              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Working...
                              X