Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

How Much Psi Is To Much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Much Psi Is To Much

HERE'S THE LAYOUT. DSM 14B TURBO, CUSTOM STAINLESS MANIFOLD, TYRUS FRONT MOUNT IC, HALLMAN MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER, MSD BTM, VORTECH 12:1 FMU, WALBRO 255LPH FUEL PUMP, BLITZ TURBO TIMER/BOOST GAUGE, TURBO X RFL TYPE-S BLOW OFF VALVE. NO COMPUTER UPGRADES NO X-TRA INJECTORS NO STAND ALONE ANYTHING. MY QUESTION IS HOW MUCH BOOST WILL MY F22 STAND UP TO B4 IT BLOWS?
    Quit Droolin and Start Spoolin!

im guessing 5-7 if youre keeping the stock internals, but thats just my guestimate
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

probally 6-7psi. from what ive heard.

Comment

YES STOCK INTERNALS. I DONT WANNA REBUILD UNTIL I NEED TO. KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS A SHOW CAR AND THAT IT MAY ONLY BE TRACK DRIVEN A VERY FEW TIMES IF ANY. BASICALLY BOOSTED THE CAR TO GAIN POINTS AT THE SHOWS. BUT I DO WANNA HAVE FUN HERE AND THERE.

Comment

You have to remember that the stock 14B wastegate doesn't open until ~10.5psi and is notorious for boost creep.

Comment

There's a button between Tab and Shift... please push it!

Anyway, if you're only going for show, then I would say keep it at 5psi. You shouldn't damage anything with such low boost, and why take a chance if you don't care about speed?

As for the wastegate, WeDgE definitely has a point. I forget though, is that an internal or extarnal wastegate? Doesn't the 14b have an internal one? I'm still new to the whole turbo thing, so I'm not exactly sure... is it possible to change an internal wastegate?

Comment

14B is internally wastegated...sorry I should've said that. I've seen someone convert the wastegate actuator over to an older Supra one, I think they open around 6psi or so. You'd want to port the wastegate itself as well, use an old valve to replace the new one when you open up the port.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote
                There's a button between Tab and Shift... please push it!

Anyway, if you're only going for show, then I would say keep it at 5psi. You shouldn't damage anything with such low boost, and why take a chance if you don't care about speed?

As for the wastegate, WeDgE definitely has a point. I forget though, is that an internal or extarnal wastegate? Doesn't the 14b have an internal one? I'm still new to the whole turbo thing, so I'm not exactly sure... is it possible to change an internal wastegate?
                Lmao, if you went ahead and got a fuel pump you might as well get injectors too because they aren't meant for all of that. You should get some engine management on your car to make sure it's not running funny or you will be towing it to all of your shows.

Comment

FYI. FEARIT22. I do tow it to all of the shows. This ain't no local yocal show car. As for new injectors they aren't needed just as engine managment is not needed. Everybody thinks this stuff is nessasary but it is not. You gotta know the right people to tune the car. All you need to do is fool the map sensor or replace it with one from a GM. And the injectors will be fine because i'm not gonna run insane amounts of boost. Heres how i know--- 1 of my boys built a D series civic w/boost (9psi) and he ran stock injectors and ecu w/all the same equipment i have and the car runs 12's all day long (it's a daily driver), another friend built a B series (non-vtech) w/upgraded injectors, a stand alone fmu and ecu upgrade but his motor blew twice. A third friend has a fully built/boosted integra type-r including hondata and he melted the pistons w/(10psi). So don't under estimate factory components. Just find someone who knows how to tune your ride. :beat: :wtf:

Comment

Originally posted by boost_92
                    FYI. FEARIT22. I do tow it to all of the shows. This ain't no local yocal show car. As for new injectors they aren't needed just as engine managment is not needed. Everybody thinks this stuff is nessasary but it is not. You gotta know the right people to tune the car. All you need to do is fool the map sensor or replace it with one from a GM. And the injectors will be fine because i'm not gonna run insane amounts of boost. Heres how i know--- 1 of my boys built a D series civic w/boost (9psi) and he ran stock injectors and ecu w/all the same equipment i have and the car runs 12's all day long (it's a daily driver), another friend built a B series (non-vtech) w/upgraded injectors, a stand alone fmu and ecu upgrade but his motor blew twice. A third friend has a fully built/boosted integra type-r including hondata and he melted the pistons w/(10psi). So don't under estimate factory components. Just find someone who knows how to tune your ride. :beat: :wtf:
                    LoL there's no way a D series civic on 9psi with a 60-1 can run 12's all day long let alone the junkyard turbos you are talking about.

Do you have any idea how fast you have to be to break into 12's?!

Since you are so convinced about not needing any of these essentails why don't you post a Dyno sheet and AFR plot of this civic and don't forget the time slips.
                    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

wow.. i thought the 14b was wastegated at 8psi ???
                      or is that just the Td05 14g that opens at 8?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                        wow.. i thought the 14b was wastegated at 8psi ???
                        or is that just the Td05 14g that opens at 8?
                        it is, it's set at 8, you won't be able to run any lower than 8 psi any way you look at it. now - that 8 psi will only amount to about 6-7 after passing through the intercooler and all.

Comment

so youre gonna turbo a ride you just tow everywhere?
                          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
                            it is, it's set at 8, you won't be able to run any lower than 8 psi any way you look at it. now - that 8 psi will only amount to about 6-7 after passing through the intercooler and all.
                            well technically there is a way around this..
                            making the hole under the wastegate flapper slightly larger.. in essence losing more exhaust gas therefore keeping the psi down lower.. but u are correct 6-7psi is all ull see after a FMIC

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
                              so youre gonna turbo a ride you just tow everywhere?
                              i dont see the point in this either
                              i mean why is he asking about how much it will hold if its gonna be towed to shows.. lol..
                              doesnt make sense..
                              anyhoot.. i wouldnt go any higher than the stock setting (8psi)-(6psi at the tb)
                              without any fuel management.. and if ur towing it... man.. lol.. just dont do it.. dont waste turbo parts on a show car

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                              X