Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

block sleeving????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

block sleeving????

does the f22b have to be sleeved to substain 15-25psi?? or could you just run forged pistons and 4340 billet rods?

jdm f22b dohc...its already a iron sleeved block and accepts forged pistons unliked the FRM sleeved h22's so is there a need to sleeve the f22b???

Comment

would it be possible to run 20-25lbs of boost during races without sleeving?? of course i'd run 4340 pro-billet rods and 8:1 c/r forged pistons though...

Comment

why such low compression 8 to 1 is worthles unless you just wanna say i run 25 pounds why not 10 to 1 it and run 10 to 15 pounds with a good tune youll be more happy better response and way better volumetric efficency i mean you could run that on pump gas with a badass tune

Comment

you asked me this question in another thread i think but i never answered so i'll do so here.

First, how much power are you actually looking for? Thats your best bet, don't go by what psi you want go by the whp your shooting for. This enables you to carefully choose what compression pistons you want to run in the setup for optimal low-end tq, better response, and still able to run on pump gas. 9.1:1 seems to be most hondas blend of the above mentioned.

Second, for anything above 18psi i'd personally suggest sleeving the block. A rip down the track every now and again at 20psi might be ok but your sailing in uncharted territory ya know? The stock sleeves should be fine to about 18psi, i even talked to bisimoto about this and he confirmed. Its one of those things that hasn't really been tested yet, although there was a guy that ran 25psi on a stock block for 2 weeks till the ringland blew. Its a risk you take ya know?

Lastly, there are other alternatives to sleeving. And i'm not talking about block guards either...
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by CB7DOHC
            would it be possible to run 20-25lbs of boost during races without sleeving?? of course i'd run 4340 pro-billet rods and 8:1 c/r forged pistons though...
            I'd like to see that, I think it would be a horrible 60footer.
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

not necessarily, if he had the correct launch control that didn't cut fuel then he could build all the boost he wanted to at a dead stop
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Working...
              X