Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22 turbo 92' lude vs. h22 94' lude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 turbo 92' lude vs. h22 94' lude

Last weeked I wanted to see how fast my custom f22a1 turbo powered lude running 10lbs of boost with a 80's chrysler T3 turbo would be against a H22 prelude w/ minor boltons would be. Well unfortunately I came up short in this battle because the H22 got me by two car lengths from a stand still and on the highway. I let a few other people drive my car, and they said they think I have serious turbo lag. I'm really not sure because this is my first turbo car, but I have driven a turbo eclipse before. Running 10 lbs though I thought for sure I should have beat the H22 even if they did have all boltons. If anybody has any ideas about what could be going wrong please give me some input.

Originally posted by Mkai0
    Last weeked I wanted to see how fast my custom f22a1 turbo powered lude running 10lbs of boost with a 80's chrysler T3 turbo would be against a H22 prelude w/ minor boltons would be. Well unfortunately I came up short in this battle because the H22 got me by two car lengths from a stand still and on the highway. I let a few other people drive my car, and they said they think I have serious turbo lag. I'm really not sure because this is my first turbo car, but I have driven a turbo eclipse before. Running 10 lbs though I thought for sure I should have beat the H22 even if they did have all boltons. If anybody has any ideas about what could be going wrong please give me some input.
    f22 125+100hp=225 at flywheel

h22 200+30?hp=230 at flywheel

all-motor power VS. turbo lag= h22 teh win!111!!!
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Actually, the Prelude F22A1 runs 135 at the flywheel. Don't ask me why, it just does. Anyway, you're running a 20 year old turbo, it's gonna have bad lag. If you have the money, try finding a newer one. Also, I'm assuming you have a 5 speed? I'd strongly recommend swapping the H23 5 speed in. It will bolt right up, and has shorter gears that give you a lot better acceleration
      Originally posted by DoctorCipher
      ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Yes, I do have the f22a1 5 speed manual tranny, but I'm still wondering though could I have a major leak or internal wastegate problem that's causing me to spool up too slow? I've already tried to tighten all my clamps though.

Comment

Wow...some of these guys really don't know what they're talking about. Anyways...tell us a little about ur setup and we may be able to help out. Also do u have an aftermarket clutch?
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
            f22 125+100hp=225 at flywheel

h22 200+30?hp=230 at flywheel

all-motor power VS. turbo lag= h22 teh win!111!!!
            that was more flawed than it was moronic.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
              that was more flawed than it was moronic.
              i don't get why you gotta give me a thumbs down, he was askin why he couldn't beat an h22.All the numbers are just guestestimates,i'm not saying what he is running exactly.
              People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
                i don't get why you gotta give me a thumbs down, he was askin why he couldn't beat an h22.All the numbers are just guestestimates,i'm not saying what he is running exactly.
                ok then, not moronic just VERY flawed. The flywheel number that you said for him (225hp) would be what he could put to the wheels if his setup is good. 225hp flywheel is an insult. And I/H/E doesn't add directly up to 30hp. Your lucky to get half that even on decent i/h/e setups. And furthermore what do you know about A T3's lag to be tossing it around?

Comment

I have an aftermarket stage 1 ACT clutch, 450cc injectors, saab blackstone intercooler, 2.5 inch piping, 2.5 inch exhaust from front to back, safc2 for engine management, turbo xs blow off valve, joe P manual boost controller, custom turbo mani, rebuilt garrett T3 turbo off a chyrsler lebaron w/ internal wastegate, and I did get the car wideband tuned.
                  Last edited by Mkai0; 08-01-2005, 09:43 AM. Reason: making a correction

Comment

Originally posted by Mkai0
                    I have an aftermarket stage 1 ACT clutch, 450cc injectors, saab blackstone intercooler, 2.5 inch piping, 2.5 inch exhaust from front to back, safc2 for engine management, turbo xs blow off valve, joe P manual boost controller, custom turbo mani, rebuilt garrett T3 turbo off a chyrsler lebaron w/ internal wastegate, and I did get the car wideband tuned.
                    id say the h22 tranny owned you
                    I hate thieves!

Comment

Originally posted by iamanonymous
                      id say the h22 tranny owned you
                      also just an fyi there are many h22s that are very quick. just because you are turbo doesn't mean you are better. the race sounds about right imo. one way to look at it is you spent less or equal to his setup, and both have similar numbers, and your car may just be a hair more exclusive. do a head swap and you'll probably take him...just barely tho.
                      I hate thieves!

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                        ok then, not moronic just VERY flawed. The flywheel number that you said for him (225hp) would be what he could put to the wheels if his setup is good. 225hp flywheel is an insult. And I/H/E doesn't add directly up to 30hp. Your lucky to get half that even on decent i/h/e setups. And furthermore what do you know about A T3's lag to be tossing it around?
                        you are right, i was thinking 10 hp for avery psi but i forgot that thats to the wheels.As far as the bolt ons i was thinkin a bit more that I/H/E.

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

pictures tell me nothing, list the setup...then we'll evaluate.

Comment

what is the exhaust housing a/r? .48 or .63? im just wondering because my friend pulled out a greddy 18g from his teg GSR in favor of a t3/t4 with an exhuast housing a/r of .63 and now there is some major lag. the boost builds at about 5000 rpm now. with the greddy 18g, the boost would come on at a little over 3000 RPM.

Comment

Working...
                            X