Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Difference in times using LSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference in times using LSD

Just looking for anyone who noticed a big difference in their 1/4 mile times after installing a LSD. Reason I'm asking is because I've seen more than a handful of turbo Accords out there on forums and such, but always talk about tons of wheelspin. To me, that's a lot of wasted hp, and I would like to be a little more effective at putting power down after I finally get mine done.
    Look at the sig for current mods....just need to get it tuned.

Thanks in advance for any advice/imput.
    F22a1, T3/T4 turbo, Greddy Type RS BOV on left-over AEM CAI piping, Turbo XS manual boost controller, PHAT intercooler, Crzy tuning, Walbro fuel pump, AEM FPR/fuel rail/pulleys/cam gear, Gude cam and throttle body, MSD ignition/cap/coil, NGK wires and Iridium plugs, Fidanza flywheel, ACT clutch, Nuespeed short shifter

9 lbs on stock internals (for 10 min)
    16.2 1/4 mile with basics
    ??.? 1/4 mile with turbo
    139 hp with all bolt-ons
    ??? hp with turbo

STAY TUNED

I was told you could shave a 1/2-1sec off your 1/4 time. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
    91 accord lx (5spd)
    92 accord lx (5spd)
    93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Well say your 60' ft was 2.4,which is bad.I'm guessing lsd/good tires/skilz would help drop it to a 2.1-2.2 wich would be half a second on the 1/4,so yeah you are right
      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
      The world needs to be reset.

Comment

I already have 2.2 60 ft times when I was NA, so maybe I have nothing to worry about. My other concern was the cost of a Quaife in order to get me to 13 seconds or better on stock internals. That's my true goal. 13's in a 4 door sedan kicks ass!
        F22a1, T3/T4 turbo, Greddy Type RS BOV on left-over AEM CAI piping, Turbo XS manual boost controller, PHAT intercooler, Crzy tuning, Walbro fuel pump, AEM FPR/fuel rail/pulleys/cam gear, Gude cam and throttle body, MSD ignition/cap/coil, NGK wires and Iridium plugs, Fidanza flywheel, ACT clutch, Nuespeed short shifter

??.? 1/4 mile with turbo
        139 hp with all bolt-ons
        ??? hp with turbo

STAY TUNED

Comment

Originally posted by carbonaccord69
          I already have 2.2 60 ft times when I was NA, so maybe I have nothing to worry about. My other concern was the cost of a Quaife in order to get me to 13 seconds or better on stock internals. That's my true goal. 13's in a 4 door sedan kicks ass!
          damn fuckin right!!!how much boost are u pushin?

Edit:o yeah 10psi i think 13"s is atainable
          People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
          The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Quaife's are very good, i wish i had one, plus they are rebuildable for free with there lifetime warranty so if it ever breaks (not likely) they will fix it for free.
            JDM H22a
            P2T4 tranny
            I/E, CM ultra-light flywheel and CM stage 1 clutch
            16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
            nitto neo gen, 205/50/16
            custom short throw shifter
            Tokico Illumina RAK Coilovers
            Power Stop Cross-Drilled Rotors, Honda Pads
            Honda Torneo Shift Boot and Knob

Comment

correct me if i am wrong, but an lsd will only make better use of what traction you have available, not make the wheels slip less

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                correct me if i am wrong, but an lsd will only make better use of what traction you have available, not make the wheels slip less
                Open diff=more power to wheel with less resistance
                Limited slip diff=power distributed evenly.

So yes and no at the same time. See with the open diff and lots of torque, hondas tend to peg leg on launches. With the lsd both wheels will spin but two wheels will always hook faster than one.

Comment

thats why i have one on my car

Comment

Originally posted by carbonaccord69
                    I already have 2.2 60 ft times when I was NA, so maybe I have nothing to worry about.

WRONG! you dont think youll have a problem with wheel spin when you push close to 190 whp? i mean with your stock na your pushing maybe 104whp, think again buddy boy. even with lsd you are gona spin your tires alot, just not as much.

its not like LSD is magically gona make it go away.
                    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

can we get some pix of the t3 on the dsm mani? Did you use an adapter? I need to look at the clearance between the turbo and the radiator fan shrouds
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

^^^ Was wondering the same thing... t3 on dsm mani? and no injector upgrades?
                        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

It's a Saab T3, I think, with the air coming into the turbo 2 inches from the powersteering pump. I'll see if I can get a picture of it posted when it's done, which will be soon I hope.

Also, I am using DSM 450's and SAFC.
                          The turbo is welded on, and I need to reinforce it.
                          Last edited by carbonaccord69; 07-17-2005, 06:39 PM. Reason: need to add something I missed

??.? 1/4 mile with turbo
                          139 hp with all bolt-ons
                          ??? hp with turbo

STAY TUNED

Comment

The OBX LSD is half the price of a Quaife. However, the OBX may be a piece of junk. Anyone had any experinces with it? Regardless I would invest in the Quaife
                            600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Working...
                            X