Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

f22b dohc internals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b dohc internals

are the dohc f22b block internals the same as my f22a6 sohc?the reason i am askin is because i know the weakpoint in our engines is the ringlands on the pistons,and i was thinkin, if i was to go turbo i can get a f22b for 850 shipped.but can in handle a 16g at 10-11 psi?uberdata tuned ofcourse.

thanx and excuse my n00bie-ness
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

it sould be , midnite is currently working for a map for the f22b also . Only thing with the f22b is you can't use the dsm manifold so u would have to custom make one.

Comment

Originally posted by myrmex
      it sould be , midnite is currently working for a map for the f22b also . Only thing with the f22b is you can't use the dsm manifold so u would have to custom make one.
      o thats a bumper, i thought you could still use the dsm manifold.o well
      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

you can use the dsm mani on the f22b dohc...but not the sohc. And yes i do have maps for both engines actually.
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Yeah, the f22b sohc has exhaust ports like O-OO-O and dohc has ports like O-O-O-O (lol)

WaC!

Comment

O, lol

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord
              Yeah, the f22b sohc has exhaust ports like O-OO-O and dohc has ports like O-O-O-O (lol)

lol yeah i know what you mean, i've seen that engine

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

I don't think the internals are exactly the same... I think the pistons might be a differenty dome or something, because the F22B has a higher compression then the f22a, but the compression difference is not from the head. So it must be form the dome of the pistons. But ringlands are still a weak point
                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                  I don't think the internals are exactly the same... I think the pistons might be a differenty dome or something, because the F22B has a higher compression then the f22a, but the compression difference is not from the head. So it must be form the dome of the pistons. But ringlands are still a weak point

w3rd the dohc pistons are flat top and the sohc pistons are dished.

Comment

I was waiting for either you or Iamanonymous to chime in, since you both have done f22b rebuilds.
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                    X