Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

SPark plugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPark plugs?

i am currently in the process of turbo...hehehe, anyways, i have denso iridium stnadard plugs, anybody know where to get some good plugs that are colder foro my turbo setup. I do need these right for timibng issues and things.....a friend of myne said it would be a good idea to invest in a new set of colder plugs, anybody know what brand and where to get them!

Thanks guys (i know i sounds as if i am a noob, but plugs just arent talked about that much, and my plugs i have now, u cannot change the gap, set to stock)

now come on guys i know someone out there has a good answer for me, so let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

look for the thread i started about this topic, there is a bunch of posts there. there are denso irisiums one step colder avalable in pep boys and auto zone .
      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

i've been running NGK BKR7E plugs pregapped to .034" for a long time with great success. I used to run them with a 75shot of juice on my old motor. I ran them with a 14b turbo and a 35shot, and i'm running them now with my 60-1 at 15psi. When i up the boost to 20psi i'm going to swap in a set of NGK BKR8EIX iridium plugs.
        12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
        11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
        F22a1
        60-1 td06h turbo
        Darton mid sleeves
        85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
        Crower pro billet rods
        Custom ported head.
        KMS valves
        F23 headgasket
        ARP H23 headstuds
        H23 upper intake manifold
        F22a6 lower intake manifold
        Intake manifold is gutted
        AEM EMS 1040u
        FIC 850cc injectors
        Walbro 255 pump
        H23 manual trans
        Prelude shifter assembly
        Forbidden short throw
        Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

so what u are saying, is when i look at a aprke plug, what am i looking to see if it is colder then stock plugs....casue i have denso iridium stock ones now, and are those NGK's pre grapped or are they adjustable?

Comment

In my thread, everyone said ngk zrf6-11 with a 0.30 gap I think cause stock is ngk zrf5-11 gap 0.38-gap 0.43
            The difference is in the colder plug has shorter insulater so pulls more heat away......someone finish that for me! Anyhow stock part # has 5 and colder they get 6, 7, 8 etc. higher the number! go to local auto parts store will have them!
            Last edited by westsideaccord; 06-30-2005, 07:03 AM.

WaC!

Comment

k, thanksguy..sorry

Comment

you dont want to run any ZRF plugs. They are meant for lean burn engines, and the plugs have an extended electrode and ground strap. Very bad for nitrous and turbo's. The BKR plugs have a short electrode and ground strap. BKR6E would work fine...
                12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                F22a1
                60-1 td06h turbo
                Darton mid sleeves
                85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                Crower pro billet rods
                Custom ported head.
                KMS valves
                F23 headgasket
                ARP H23 headstuds
                H23 upper intake manifold
                F22a6 lower intake manifold
                Intake manifold is gutted
                AEM EMS 1040u
                FIC 850cc injectors
                Walbro 255 pump
                H23 manual trans
                Prelude shifter assembly
                Forbidden short throw
                Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

Spark Plugs?

DO NOT run the ZFR or the BKR plug with turbo! I run the racing NGK R5672A-8(#7173)gapped at .028" with NO problems!. It's not a resistor plug but I don't get ANY interference in my radio or ECU. Cheap too! Maybe $1.50ea. US.
                  Last edited by Gixxerboy56; 07-01-2005, 04:32 PM.

Comment

so what plugs do u guys recommend!? and how much colder should i run?

Comment

Wow alot of hatin, there are plenty of cb7s with turbo, and every guy has a prefference! But when I am told to do something by someone with experience aka midnite, accord r33, and all others names I havent mentioned, I am gonna listen, goin from a zrf5 to a zrf6 is a step colder so that is what to do!

WaC!

Comment

Spark Plugs

Just run these: Turbo R5672A-8(#7173), All-motor 10:1-up R5671A-8(#4554), All-motor 9.9:1-down ZFR6F-11(#4291). Pump-gas, race-gas, whatever.

Comment

Well I am offially turbo with zfr6-11 plugs and no complaints, my car actually hauls ass! I love that 3500 boosted launch control!

WaC!

Comment

well, i opurchased the NGK ZFR6F-11 plugs, cheap and realiable, and i have good things about this plug and FI

Comment

IM thinkin about gettin launch control

Comment

Working...
                              X