Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo 91 2dr f22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo 91 2dr f22a

I have been searching the threads and could not find what I was looking for and to be honest I don't know much about turbo (t3 T5) just that injectors and upgrades are required. I would like to be at about 200 hp and I heard the only way to do that is turbo or an H22 swap. Someone mentioned an Eclipse turbo could be modified to fit with some mods is that true? I don't want to spend 2500- 4000 on turbo. I would hate to spend that kind of money and not be able to stay with v-6 cars. If anyone could help or point me in the right direction (old threads or DIYS) that would be great.

Why doesn't anyone build the stock motor? I know H22 is a good motor but I don't understand why the F22A doesn't have good potential (that is what I have gathered reading the threads).

you definately haven't searched enough, just browse threads in this section and alot of your questions will be answered. Even on the page this thread is listed on i found answers to your questions and a built turbo f22a in this same forced induction section.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

This may take awhile, but it's worth it in what you learn. Go straight to the beginning (at the bottom, select from the beginning) and read every thread in this subforum. When you're done, you'll know a lot.

The F22a has a lot of potential, and it's good to see more and more people utilizing it. They're solid motors and some would say they have just as much potential as the H22a, check out fast93accord's car. Def. check out midnite racer x's setup along w/ AccordR33's setup, very smart guys and they're not the only ones. Good luck and keep reading.

Dan

EDIT: Also, almost every possible ? you may have can be found on CB7Tuner, so take your time and research on here/ other forums (if you have to). The turbo experts on here have already spent countless hours w/ their threads/posts, so if you PM them w/ your ?'s, they'll only have to repeat what they've said before
      Last edited by Granite CB7; 06-24-2005, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
        This may take awhile, but it's worth it in what you learn. Go straight to the beginning (at the bottom, select from the beginning) and read every thread in this subforum. When you're done, you'll know a lot.

The F22a has a lot of potential, and it's good to see more and more people utilizing it. They're solid motors and some would say they have just as much potential as the H22a, check out fast93accord's car. Def. check out midnite racer x's setup along w/ AccordR33's setup, very smart guys and they're not the only ones. Good luck and keep reading.

Dan
        Thanks and I am still reading though the search seems a liitle complicated I trying now to find out what t3 and t5 is out of or if it is a turbo swap. I raced a few and won and mine is stock but I there is a focus with svt swap 212hp I want to run.

Comment

alright, im goin to help you out a bit, there already have been a lot of f22a turbo set ups, mrx, and accordR33 have done them. If you use the search button(its on that blue bar at the top) then type in what ur lookin for, i.e. f22a turbo, or the names of midniteracerx, or accordR33. those are just 2 of the ppl on here that have turboed the f22a, and have gotten great results.

to your question about the turbos that are for the f22a, its called DSM(thats the mitsubishi one u mentioned). now, its up to you to find out more on this. If you have more questions, first use the search feature on this site, then, ask, and say what you have learned. dont just ask and expect us to spoon feed you.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

t3 is just a kind of turbo, there any many kinds of t3's, t3 hybrids, and t3/t4 hybrid, etc. and there ar emany sizes, some cam stock on mercury and fords, as well as volvos and saabs, bigger ones like a 63 trim not too sure about, but remember do all your research and do not do anything unless u know how to do it, or someone to help u along.......just search, and ask, cb7tuner is a great resource for the cb7...probably one of the best! oh yeah and WELCOME!

Comment

ok i am in the process of turbo charging my car with mrx by my side but thats besides the point what i did that most ppl didn't do because it is a pain in the ass is that i went back and looked at how then engine works what parts do what and why now i am sayin u don't have to do all that but its not a bad idea another good thing that i did is took a piece of paper and pen an wrote my questions down so that later on i might find the answer or if i didn't be able to ask someone. Some sites i recommend are www.howstuffworks.com, and www.homemadeturbo.com those sites alone r great but u find really good information on the f22a turbo here on cb7 good luck to u and hope all goes well
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by jdmcord
                alright, im goin to help you out a bit, there already have been a lot of f22a turbo set ups, mrx, and accordR33 have done them. If you use the search button(its on that blue bar at the top) then type in what ur lookin for, i.e. f22a turbo, or the names of midniteracerx, or accordR33. those are just 2 of the ppl on here that have turboed the f22a, and have gotten great results.

to your question about the turbos that are for the f22a, its called DSM(thats the mitsubishi one u mentioned). now, its up to you to find out more on this. If you have more questions, first use the search feature on this site, then, ask, and say what you have learned. dont just ask and expect us to spoon feed you.
                Thanks! I see what I did wrong I was doing a general search and was getting alot of h22 turbo information. I appreciate the info.

Comment

Thanks again for the info

Comment

cool some one who appreciates us saying to look it up .....and that you learned i learned from this section of the forum as well ...good to know

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
                    nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
                    nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
                    nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
                    AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
                    AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
                    AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
                    nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

Working...
                    X