Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Built DSM F22b turbo: Ball bearing GT or large T-Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built DSM F22b turbo: Ball bearing GT or large T-Series?

Whats up guys, I am looking at the possibility of using nitrous with my DSM setup on the F22B after i build it. Basically I will be building the whole bottom end up with new sleeves, forged pistons, h beam rods, etc. So I am looking at keeping the DSM setup and i may go with a GT-series ball bearing turbo. But I had a few engine builders tell me I should get myself a large trim T-series turbo and a shot of nitrous to help spool up the large snail.

So my original ideas goes as: Built F22b, Ball Bearing GT28, 100 shot of nitrous in high rpms

Suggested idea:Built F22b, Garrett T70, 50 shot of nitrous a low rpms.

P.S. this is not going in a street car so daily drivability is not an issue. All opinions are welcome, well the smart ones at least.

hmm yes hmm this is a 5th gen correct? yes hmm sohc or dohc f22b? Ok heres what i think go to www.slowboyracing.com get the evo3 16g and spool it with n2o OR get a t3/t4 spool it with n2o

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
      hmm yes hmm this is a 5th gen correct? yes hmm sohc or dohc f22b? Ok heres what i think go to www.slowboyracing.com get the evo3 16g and spool it with n2o OR get a t3/t4 spool it with n2o
      The JDM F22B was already swapped into the civic about a year ago. There is room for a larger turbo. I wanted to go ball bearing (GT30) cause those spool up quickly and stay on boost for a majority of the powerband. But a large turbo like a T60 might give me more peak hp. I'm looking to get this thing to run at least 11 flat with this set up. Right now i got low 13's with a mildly modded DSM setup.

P.S. I asked this same question in another forum and somehow the topic became: "What is a F22b? I thought that was a single VTEC." Damn ricers.
      Last edited by KillerCam282; 06-23-2005, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Is it sohc vtec or dohc non vtec?

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
        bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
          Is it sohc vtec or dohc non vtec?
          Dohc non vtec

Comment

i'd say do something different and get a GT series turbo. Depends on how much ur boosting with this built motor tho.
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Well the plan is to build the motor for the turbo abuse. Then we will be running this on some race gas (maybe c16...). I am sure that a gt30 will give me enough cfms to reach 500whp. Yeah I am definitely thinking i stay on my original idea.

P.S. 500whp on F22b in a civic

Comment

Isn't the t-70 turbo frickin' huge? I never would've thought our engine could run that.....

Caleb
                My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

yea a t-70 is huge but he said t-60...which is still massive for our motors. Also remember space limitations come into play. Trying to mount something that has a 5" inlet and needs a 3" downpipe runs into many problems

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                    yea a t-70 is huge but he said t-60...which is still massive for our motors. Also remember space limitations come into play. Trying to mount something that has a 5" inlet and needs a 3" downpipe runs into many problems
                    T-4 is plenty big enough I suppose....oh well, I'm gonna feel like a little man when I get my 14b in. I'm gonna need a t-3 down the road.

Caleb
                    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
                      T-4 is plenty big enough I suppose....oh well, I'm gonna feel like a little man when I get my 14b in. I'm gonna need a t-3 down the road.

Caleb
                      For street purposes a T3 is perfect. But a T4 can produce some lag on this motor, my guess would be you wont reach boost until about 3.8k to 4.2k rpms. Since streetability is not an issue, I am looking at peak hp and power delivery. So here is my conclusion: T-60= lots of lag (boost maybe at 5k) but lots of power, GT30= quick spool up (start boosting at 2.8k), lower peak hp.

P.S. I am running this in a civic, It can definitely fit the T-60 with a custom long tube manifold locating the turbo the AC location.
                      Last edited by KillerCam282; 06-24-2005, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Then again I might just do the ball bearing turbo thing in my accord. I dont think i have ever seen one of those.

Comment

Here is a pic and specs of the Ball Bearing turbo I was talking about. I hope to get this by the end of July:

With the proper mods it can support 400-550hp (so they say)

As for the Civic, I'm thinking about a F22B/H22a Frank. The space in the Civic was not as good as i originally thought. Plus the T60 is a SS Autochrome turbo It looks nice but I saw a post about a turbo that was epoxied together from them.
                          Last edited by KillerCam282; 06-27-2005, 10:17 AM.

Comment

i didn't see any specs on the turbo. You only said the HP numbers it could support

Comment

I just got a 18G turbo, 1st gen manifold (i know ant... u told me not to get it but, it was a package deal with the 450cc injectors), 450cc injectors, A4 blowoff value. possible A4 high flow fuel pump (got to check to see if it will fit.) when im done with it its going to be sick...
                              "Fear Nothing For Nothing is Everything"

Comment

Working...
                              X