Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

intercooler fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intercooler fitment

hello peeps.

this is for all the boosted accord owners out there.

i just started my project and the my intercooler is being a pain in the ass. i have one of those johnnyracecar.com intercoolers, the long narrow one. i am having fitment issues. so far, i have trimmed the front bumper reinforcement and i have mounted the intercooler as far back as possible (it almost touches the power steering cooling assembly).

well, my main question is that -- is there any one on this forum that is using a johnnyracecar intercooler with the stock front bumber skin? i already trimmed some of the plastic but it really seems like i have to trim the tabs that the bumper turn signals attatch to. anyone have pics or suggestions?

thanks

move ps cooler lines. you have to do it to fit it without harming the outside looks of the bumper... trust me. I sluaghtered my bumper and it barely fits now, so tomorrow morning me and my dad are moving the ps cooler lines... I'll let you know how it goes... And I betcha you didn't trim as much as I did....
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

This how mine was done. I used a civic power steering cooler.

600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

what year civic????
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

you can use the 94-96 accord or 92-96 lude power steering cooler cause they don't have the heat sinks like 4th gen accords or you can use an after market oil cooler like what I used on mine:
          Carlos
          My Members Ride Page

Comment

i've also had fitment issues with my stock bumper

Comment

quick question, are these lines pressurized? I mean is the fluid pressurized? Because I am about to go ghetto on this thing and rig up whatever I have in the garage...
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

alright, I moved my ps cooler lines tonight. Pretty easy, you just need the right clamps/tools. I bought 3 ft of ps line from autozone, some clamps. I took a saws all to the lines and cut them off, then moved them up as high as they could go and screw them into the support beam in front of the raidiator. Then connect the hoses and your good to go. Although you will need to add a lot of ps fluid.
                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

The power steering fluid cooler is used to extend fluid life. You Can flush and fill the PS system with clean fluid and remove the cooler completely. Just fluch the fluid every 30K miles or so.

I like Kamaccord's installed there by cutting the bumper support but I was planning on removing the cooler, and installing the intercooler between the bumper support and radiator support. It looks like there is enough room.
                  My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

mines exactly where accord sir is, but mine is the accord one so it has all the fins
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

to all the members that responded,
                      i appreciate it.
                      to those that posted pictures, mahalo nui loa ("very big thanks") from hawaii.

i hacked some of the bumper but stopped so that i really did not bucther it up. i guess i'll move the P/S cooler or get a different one.

aloha to 1 and all from hawaii

Comment

Working...
                      X