Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

hey just curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey just curious

Please dont moan and holler i just got some simple questions.

Does anyone have experience with a turbo setup on h22 stock internals?

How much boost can a stock h22 take as a daily with out catastrophic failure?

If it has been done what kind of hp has been put on the bord?

I am just curious because i didnt buy my exhaust manifold yet and the motor i have ,the valve cover had threads on it for lines to a catch can , i also saw a block guard around the piston wall i have no idear if the previous owner ran turbo.
    I not looking to make spectacular hp. Just like the idear of a turbo and the sound most of all and added hp at low psi...
    a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
    out with the old and in with the new

I Googled cb7tuner h22 turbo stock....took a few seconds

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=49731

Comment

every motor is going to be different even with identical parts, though i have read a few people making around 280-300whp.
      and "how much boost can it handle"
      is irrelevant because 8psi from a gt25 is going to be way different between 8 psi from a gt40. look at what your HP goals are and go from there

Comment

i have been doing some home work

Originally posted by kseriescivic View Post
        I Googled cb7tuner h22 turbo stock....took a few seconds

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=49731
        After conluding my research it boils down to this.

CAN YOU RUN BOOST ON A STOCK H22?
        YES
        From what i under stand the number 1 key factor is engine tuning to make it safe and reliable. Yes the guy is right same psi differnt turbos create different levels of hp. I read some under 350whp is the safe margin on stock internals at a max of 10psi. Cylder compression, wide band o2, heat dissipation, tuning skills and fuel system are the key players here. I have learned its more of an art to this turbo stuff then just buying forged parts and getting a tune.

But the answer to my own question is no more the 350 hp on boost with a excellent tune and some specific factors need to make it reliable.
        a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
        out with the old and in with the new

Comment

Working...
        X