Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

dsm turbo manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dsm turbo manifold

i have a question
    i know the dsm manifold fits on the f22ax but what exactly has to be done
    i know bustedlx said that u need a drill press.
    but what exactly needs to be done..
    busted any help?
    fizzy?

Praise The Lowered...

anybody?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

The studs don't exactly line up so you need to redrill the mounting holes, some need to be enlarged, some moved over a bit.

You also need to ditch your front engine mount in the Accord since the turbo will now be in the way.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

how would u exactly move it over to the side?
        by widening the hole more like.. making it more ovalish so its longer?
        or what?
        thanks busted for helping

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
          how would u exactly move it over to the side?
          by widening the hole more like.. making it more ovalish
          Exactly, just use the F22Ax gasket as your template.
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

So you just ditch the front motor mount completely? Does this affect anything?

Comment

The engine is fine without the front mount, but the engine does move up and down a bit when you floor it, best thing to do is to beef up the other 3 mount. most turbo honda don't have front motor mount.
              90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
              < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

werd i have my redrilled manifold....the holes are just widened.....i used a gasket i bought for our cars and had someone redrill it for me......i plan to just tighten up the other motor mounts

Turbo CB7 is Gone ...But I Still Come Around
                AWD TURBO IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!

Comment

Nooo....torque is your friend. Without that motor mount....you lose the torque. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Comment

i've heard rumors that the 92-96 prelude has a front motor mount that fits our cars and is just out of the way enough to give the turbo enough room. You may want to look into that guys. Our front motor mount doesn't do THAT much anyways. Assuming the others are either perfectly in tact, filled with polyurethane, or have polyurethane inserts. If i was using the dsm manifold...yea i'd try the prelude mount because even tho i know the motor is fine without a front mount it would still scare me.
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

How is your turbo set up coming along midnite racer x? I haven't heard you say much about it in a while.

Comment

Its coming along still don’t worry. I’ve been doing a crap ton of overtime, having issues with getting my pay for that overtime (about $300 worth), relationship problems, and looking for low prices on the things I still need.

The last pieces to the puzzle are as follows:
                        Reposition turbo flange on downpipe
                        Add o2 bung to downpipe
                        Buy 2.5” to 3” expander for exhaust piping
                        3” catbact
                        tap oil pan for return line
                        buy manual boost controller if it doesn’t come in the mail from Jason
                        vaccum lines and tees
                        nuts and bolts
                        oil
                        performance clutch kit – With all of this Overtime I can actually afford it

Trust me…I’m still trying I’m just not pushing for any specific time frames anymore. And since I can’t get the OT pay yet due to complicated reasons I can’t really buy the rest of what I need
                        Last edited by MRX; 05-05-2004, 04:42 PM.
                        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Working...
                        X