Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H22A custom turbo: What parts are needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22A custom turbo: What parts are needed?

Once again I'm trying to get my plans in order for when I boost. Since they don't make kits for hybrid Accords, I figure I'll just build my own system. However, my knowledge is fairly limited... So, I have a question for you guys!

First,
    What exactly will I need? I know it's a lot to ask, but could someone provide a complete list of EVERY part needed to boost an H22 CB7? I'll be your best friend!
    Seriously though, trying to plan a turbo project with the scraps of info I can come up with online (and in various books) is tough. I've learned what types of turbo will be best (T3 for fast spooling, T3/T4 hybrid for managable power, etc...) I also know that expensive engine management systems are a great idea... Still, the boring little details that make all the difference seem to elude me... Fuel pump, injectors, pipe length and diameter...
    The site fizzbob7 recommended was a huge help, but I want to make sure that I can apply everything there to my JDM H22 setup.

I'm thinking that I might try boosting my stock engine at about 4psi... I'll build it up later, and up the boost (12-15psi is the eventual goal). I've been told that this is a great idea by some, and a terrible idea by others. It's not going to happen anytime soon, so I still have plenty of time to decide! This is just my research period (and so far it has been fairly frustrating!)

Next,
    Where should I look for some of these things? I know that some extremely high quality parts wouldn't do that much better than less expensive parts (tuned turbo header vs. cast iron log manifold, for example) I'd love to compile a list of sites that have good prices for decent parts.

I forgot the 3rd question was, since I typed so damn much! I gues I'm asking for enough for now, so I'll leave it at that! Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to give me what I'm asking for!

ill be looking over ur shoulder......... (ive got the T3 waiting in my room)

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
    For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

Man... I thought someone was gonna give me some answers!

I'm thinking T3 too... they're supposed to be pretty small for the H22A, but I don't plan on making HUGE amounts of power to start. I'd rather have a quick-spooling little thing to play with on the street. I'll get a ceramic ball bearing T3/T4 combo going later on, when I want to push as much power out as I can.

Have you checked out the link fizzbob7 put in the sticky post?
      http://www.cse.uconn.edu/~yelevich/turbo/turbo.html

That helped me a lot... I still feel like I need a little more guidance before I attempt anything!

Comment

i checked the post, but it's a litle Basic, and is good for learning if u don't know the basics.

i'm currently trying to make the exhoust manni.... it's difficult though.... check the 3d i'm currently making of it (in ACAD 2k4)
        Attached Files

2k20:

Comment

here is a better one

pm me if someone wants the .dwg file
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Dutchaccord; 12-22-2003, 05:35 PM.

2k20:

Comment

a few other vieuws
            Attached Files

2k20:

Comment

You gonna have that mani made custom ofor you? Or are you just toying with the idea? Either way, it looks nice. Different than most I've seen. Equal length?

Comment

i'm gonna make that mannifold myself, it's almost equal length.

check the lovebab sst

www.lovefab.com

Stefan

2k20:

Comment

Working...
                X