Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

bigger injectors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bigger injectors.

i have some dsm450cc injectors and some dsm1600cc injectors...same clips as stock harness do i need to do anything to the resistor box or wiring to plug them in and start using them?

bump. does any one know anything on this?

Comment

dsm never came in 1600cc so they are prob aftermarket.if they are after market they are probably saturated which means no resistor box needed.how ever the 450s are bolt and go.

my new turbo build

Comment

I don't know if anything short of a crazy supercar comes stock with 1600cc... if that!

"bolt and go" for the 450s, yes... but not without ECU tuning. No stock ECU is going to know what to do with 450cc injectors. It'll run like shit, if it runs at all, and you may do damage.
        If you're not boosted, you don't need larger injectors. More fuel does not mean more power. Quite the opposite, actually. I assume that since you're in the Forced Induction section that you know this, and that you are probably boosted (and therefore should have some sort of tunable ECU...) but it needs to be said anyway. I've seen far too many people in the past slapping big injectors in thinking it means they'll be faster, and doing damage to their engines.

Comment

I dont even think the 310cc injectors from the H22 would work untuned and those are OEM

Comment

They would. The engine would run and be drivable, at least. I've run an H22 on a PT3 before. There's no point to it, and it can't be very good for the engine... but it runs.

Comment

well the 1600s came out of a dsm they are precision injectors..i was just asking about it so when i go to tune(if i can get the basemap to start the car) i can do it in steps and not just start out with massive injectors..and the pte's arent high impediance..i just dont want to hook them up and them not work due to the resistor box not having enough ohms pushing out of them

Comment

If the 1600s fit in a DSM, then they will fit in your car with the same minor modifications required to run the 450cc stock DSMs, I'm sure.

If the resistor box is required, I'd check the specs on it, as well as the injectors, to see if it will work. If not, bypass it... or see what was used in the DSM. The most powerful car on this site runs 1000cc injectors, so 1600 is probably overkill unless you're shooting for the crown!

The 450cc injectors should get you up to 250whp or so. Beyond that, I'd definitely upgrade. If you can get the 1600cc injectors cheap, or you already have them in your possession, you could potentially sell/trade them for something better suited to your goals (assuming you aren't gunning for over 700whp.)

Comment

well i know the motor will handle 8 to 900 hp lol so you never know ...the trans however will not. i bought the 1600s for 220...and itll be great if i decide to run e85 as well...it was either buy the 1600s for 220 or buy 880s for 260...i dont think i will need any more injectors

Comment

Man, you very well COULD aim for the crown!

Comment

What turbo are you useing? That would give you an idea of what injectors would be best. And also those 1600's will probably idle like crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Sordz View Post
                        What turbo are you useing? That would give you an idea of what injectors would be best. And also those 1600's will probably idle like crap.
                        1600's will idle just fine in closed loop. Probably be something like 20-30% duty cycle, and it'll take some advanced ignition timing. Prolly 18-25 degrees advanced- you'd have to play with it to fine tune, but its very manageable.

The oem fuel rail probably will not support 6400cc's of injector though, not under high duty cycle. I don't think anyways. Neither will the fpr.

And any injector that big will need a specific injector driver. I'm sure you can rig it to work, but i wouldn't even mess with that.

Youd probably want a 1:1 rising rate fuel pressure regulator if you try and use the oem rail, but I really don't think it'll keep up.

Neither will your pump. I run dual wally 255's on my race dsm, also running 1600cc injectors on e85.

Dsm rail couldn't keep up, and it was designed for turbo application..
                        Originally posted by wed3k
                        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by brand0n327 View Post
                          well i know the motor will handle 8 to 900 hp lol so you never know ...the trans however will not. i bought the 1600s for 220...and itll be great if i decide to run e85 as well...it was either buy the 1600s for 220 or buy 880s for 260...i dont think i will need any more injectors
                          I would've gone with the 880's. The turbo you have can put out a max of 450-500whp? You would not need 1600cc's for that. That is A LOT of fuel. Even if you use E85 I'd only go to like 1000cc's since you would still be limited by the turbo. The latency (dead time and closing time) for the 1600's will not be tuning friendly. Only get as big of an injector as you need and no more. Get too big of an injector without the supporting pressure and you won't be able to atomize the fuel properly.

How much power are you realistically trying to make?
                          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by MRX View Post
                            I would've gone with the 880's. The turbo you have can put out a max of 450-500whp? You would not need 1600cc's for that. That is A LOT of fuel. Even if you use E85 I'd only go to like 1000cc's since you would still be limited by the turbo. The latency (dead time and closing time) for the 1600's will not be tuning friendly. Only get as big of an injector as you need and no more. Get too big of an injector without the supporting pressure and you won't be able to atomize the fuel properly.

How much power are you realistically trying to make?
                            On 500whp with e85 you dont think he would be in the 90% range on his duty cycle with 1000 cc injectors?

I know you know your shit, just curious what you thought.

Also, since you are in the thread can you comment on what kind of headroom you like to leave in the injector? ive always tried to keep injector duty cycle around 65-70%, give or take and was wondering what your thoughts are on the subject.

If this thread is not the place, would you PM me?
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

for right now i plan on running anywhere from 400 to 500 hp for a daily driver...then once i get another daily then ill start upgrading to a bigger turbo..maybe a borg warner precision or holset..im not real sure yet...im going to get rid of the aem ems i have and go with hondata..i should of bought that to begin with..

Comment

Working...
                              X