Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

supercharged H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Its not gonna make that much of a difference, its not like a Turbo with the heatsoak from the exhaust.

Leave a comment:

• bigpoppa694lyfe
    replied
    I can't see the short travel time being much more effective... Your still gonna lose boost regardless

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    A front mount would be far more effective, but I'm intrigued by your choice of placement. I suppose it's the best place to put a top mount, if you're going that route!

Agreed, definitely more effective even more practical. But not different not unique. Plus it actually shortens the overall distance the charge air has to travel.

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    A front mount would be far more effective, but I'm intrigued by your choice of placement. I suppose it's the best place to put a top mount, if you're going that route!

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    The piping will be wrapped with the heat wrap at some point. I have a roll somewhere around here, just havent located it yet lol. I will be doing something to my Hood also.. keeping that under wraps for right now tho. This whole setup is about being different. I didn't want a front mount intercooler like everyone else, I don't want anyone to know that something is under there by looking at the front of it.. sleeperish, kinda LOL

Leave a comment:

• GhostAccord
    replied
    Pretty tough routing charge pipes and locating inter coolers in a chassis that wasn't meant for it eh!

Is that a temp/mock-up intercooler setup? IMO running the charge pipe over the exhaust manifold is a detriment to cooling...... Also having the intercooler laying horizontal on the top of the engine bay where the heat collects is counter productive. Or are you planning on running a top vent in your hood and a tunnel ram/shroud on the underside of the intercooler?
    Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-31-2012, 09:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wickit
    replied
    Damn can't wait for this video!! Very unique build! Great work man!!

Leave a comment:

• SNOOZE
    replied
    This is gonna be a SICK set up!! Definitely a UNIQUE build!! +1 Rep Points Added!!!
    Last edited by Jarrett; 06-16-2012, 09:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 10thAnnivCB7
    replied
    a video would be cool so we can hear that thing roar

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    I overslept this morning so I forgot my camera. But pics as promised from my shitty cell phone camera...enjoy

Leave a comment:

• gloryaccordy
    replied
    Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    That's actually how I wanted to do mine. Move the alternator down to the AC position, and have all that room up top for the supercharger.

Is this really going to make 300hp? The H22 only makes 165hp or so to the wheels in stock form. 300hp will be damn near doubling that!
    I expected my M45 (which is a COMPLETELY different animal) to make maybe 220-230 max when I installed it.
    I feel like folks have hit 300WHP on H22s w/not much boost (10 PSI?)

ITs def doable, esp w/the intercooler.

Leave a comment:

• 10thAnnivCB7
    replied
    sounds mother fucking amazing

Leave a comment:

• bigpoppa694lyfe
    replied
    Yeah just rub it in you bastard :P

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Haha.. alright guys ill take the camera to work tomorrow, and take them first thing. Trust me the wait is killing me too. Only being able to start it sucks, but the sound it makes is freakin awesome.

Leave a comment:

• SNOOZE
    replied
    Originally posted by bigpoppa694lyfe View Post
    throw A Set Of Vice-grips On It Til You Get The Restrictor... Can't Hype Us Up With All The Major Progress And Then Let Us Hanging For 2 Weeks... Hell Throw Us Some Pix At Least
    X2!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X