Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Anyone seen this kit before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone seen this kit before?

So I was searching the web for downpipe info for my obx ramhorn and I came across this kit, it looks like its possibly a topmount and it comes with a downpipe for are cb7 chassis. Has anyone else seen these before in use. Does everything fit. this is the only page I could find of it

https://www.dragtimes.com/parts/OBX-...271721036.html

Interesting...

I've never seen a kit like this for a CB... but I can tell you that I bought a similar kit for my Integra with a downpipe and while it was not perfect, it was close enough that I only had to shorten the downpipe by about 3" and everything fits great!

Comment

I found another pic of the manifold

And the bottom half of the downpipe looks identical to the oem piece does it not??

Comment

Hmm. Interesting. Im saving the link to my favorites. Im acquirinng parts now for my build. I may try this piece out. If you buy it, check back to the thread and let us know how it is.
        Last edited by JustSomeGuy; 07-13-2011, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Will do, But im debating that header style downpipe, weird. I cant tell how the turbo will fit on top, and im rocking a holset so im not to sure if it will work out, Ive seen some s2000 guys and there pfab top mounts, that look some what similar to this in where the turbo sits and they fit some pretty huge precision turbos... soo maybe

Comment

Lol that's funny I've always known about that kit. In fact, thats the only turbo downpipe I know of specifically made for the f22, its the same one I'm using for my build.

Comment

Did you already buy your kit? if so, hkw does it look in person? Does ot look and feel like a quality piece? do all the flanges matxh up? etc...

Comment

Dose it fit i might do this kit....
                My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Originally posted by TuneAccordingly View Post
                  Lol that's funny I've always known about that kit. In fact, thats the only turbo downpipe I know of specifically made for the f22, its the same one I'm using for my build.
                  Ya if you have that kit or down pipe post up some picks, we would all love to see, Im really interested in the fitment of the downpipe

Comment

X100

Comment

I'm curious to see how a top mount setup like this is supposed to be looks installed

Comment

me too, Its really tempting me to buy it just to see even haha. If only I wasn't in Canada and shipping wasn't so iffy. tune depot wont even email me a shipping quote.

Comment

I might be buying this in the next year for a CB7 turbo/drag car project. Probably won't be this year but my hands are itching to start a CB project. This kit is a really good find! Even if the quality isn't 100% perfect, should be easy/quick to go over the welds.

The inside of that manifold looks a little rough judging by the second picture posted above. I would suggest doing some porting/gasket matching, at least by hand. There is a grinder bit at Home Depot for around $3 that works like a charm on any drill.
                          Last edited by rexload; 07-16-2011, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                            The inside of that manifold looks a little rough judging by the second picture posted above.

True, but one thing about a company like obx is they have what seems to be poor quality control, the manifold you get may or may not be smooth inside just like welds may or may not break but, as you say rexload it wouldn't be hard to fix just hit it with a die grinder or something. Im waiting on tuning depot for a shipping quote and I think Imma order this Monday, (if shipping isn't super ridiculous)

Comment

I've seen OBX kit a couple times on ebay, I'd say it's a gamble, but it's probably worth taking- around $200+shipping, will work with a basic T3 turbo and 38mm wastegate, bolts to the stock exhaust, can be easily modified to be stronger and work more efficiently.
                              SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                              -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Working...
                              X