Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

how much hp do you think my setup will be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much hp do you think my setup will be

Ok so I'm going to be tuned and chipped on 10 or 12 psi. F22b non v tec comes 145hp stock I have bisimoto intak gasket. Bisimoto 9 pound flywheel. Stage 1 clutch h23 throttle body. 60 trim turbo with internal wastgate f22 tranny 2.5 exhaust cut off after flex pipe. Please let me know what kind of numbers you guy think I will be running

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176523

Few questions.
    Why internal waste gate?
    What will you be tuning with?
    Have you upgraded your fuel setup? (injectors, fuel pump)
    Why exhaust cut out? Is this a street car? otherwise its useless, getting tuned with it open wont be optimum when its closed and Vice versa.

maybe 260-320whp?

Its really hard to say....and these threads are more then dumb.

But specifically, what kind of turbo are you using? 60 trim doesnt tell us much at all. And what kind of exhaust manifold?
    Last edited by BIGsnorlax; 06-29-2011, 10:38 PM.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Installing a turbo and planning to tune later is kinda like having sex and planning to put the condom on afterward.

Comment

Yes 1000cc injectors. Aem fuel pump and I'm going to be tuned on chrome. And cause someone was selling good price for the turbo no shaft play. And greddy turbo.. and my car was soo low it scrapped my flex pipe into nothing but I'm going to get full exhaust again.

Comment

Well I'm not sure if you've already purchased them but you dont really need 1000cc injectors unless you're build a track car. Unless you're rebuilding the block with forged internals and planning to hit big numbers, 450cc injectors will be more than fine up to about 280whp give or take.

Comment

Yea I already have them and yes I took my f22a6 motor out to get it fully built by bisimoto and I'm booting the stock f22b single cam for right now. And hopefully I get those numbers after tune and it be reliable.

Comment

Ok no prob cool but as far as numbers go we'll need more info such as how much boost you plan to run? Compression ratio? Stock or built head? Etc. Even then it will depend on how good your tune is.

Comment

The compression ratio is 9 : 1 and everything on the head and block is stock. But the tuner over here is really good he tunes for reliability. And proabllly next month I'm going to install mt 2.4 cam by bisimoto and getting it re tuned for that

Comment

300bhp is a realistic guesstimate but seriously why not just dyno the car and find out?

Comment

Because I'm in the process of doing the swap right now lol.

Comment

You are tuning on crome, not Chrome.

If you are running that cam you should be running cam gears too.

As for this setup you will be running whatever boost your internal ease gate is set for. You won't be lower than that. You haven't said anything about your manifold, and that tells me its eBay, maybe even log. If your internal gate is something like 15 Psi you could boost creep to 18 Psi and make some good power for 500 miles.

I understand wanting to make some power, but you should make some changes before continuing. First of all you should switch to an external gate, and get an eight pound spring, if you have an eBay mani this will boost creep to 12 or so psi.

I don't know I am just being a pesimist. You will probably be fine, but half assign stuff is never a good idea even if its a temporary setup.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
                      You haven't said anything about your manifold, and that tells me its eBay, maybe even log.

First of all you should switch to an external gate

This. It also sounds like maybe your running an ebay turbo?
                      If your block was built by bisimoto..... $3k at least.. and sleeved then you should step up to an external gate and push some high PSI out of a solid turbo chosen specifically for your car.

That block should be handle more than what your 5 speed can if its built
                      Installing a turbo and planning to tune later is kinda like having sex and planning to put the condom on afterward.

Comment

Usually "how much HP do you think my setup be" threads are impossible to answer..

Ghetto_cb7 is pesimist.......

Only reason why he is guessing you have an eBay part is due to lack of info you just supplied us on your thread.

We cannot guess or even estimate your power setup, not by Wheel horse power or even to the crank

It could be from 100 HP to 1000 HP...we just don't know it.depends on your engines health and who build it, or quality of your parts as well.

Try building your motor and boost it and then set your HP goal and that's when you tune to meet your goal. Then you come back here with your dyno results and ask us "hey I just dynoed my cb7 came out to 223 WHP, how much HP would increase if I add this blah blah blah" then we can estimate off your current setup.....

That or show us pics of your turbo kit and list us you entire setup in complete details and engines specs

.......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

A pessimist I may be, however the engine we are talking about was not built, it is completely stock and is going to be boosted on an internally gated turbo.

That means that he will be running whatever boost that gate is set up for. So when he lists between 8-12 psi or whatever I see someone who does not know that he doesn't have a choice. He will run whatever the spring in that gate lets him run, then whatever boost creep he has on top of that.

Pretty much all turbo setups have boost creep, those with controllers can usually manage it and adjust, however he has not mentioned a controller, which leaves him with what I just mentioned.

I don't know exactly what turbo he is running, but an internal gate usually means it is off of a vehicle that comes stock boosted. With that said pretty much all stock boosted setups are running 15+ psi. That plus the boost creep puts his stock motor where I estimated it. That is how I got to my conclusion.

I may be wrong, and I hope I am, I love to see good builds come together, however I am more interested in the informing of people who may or may not understand what is going on. I am willing to look like a pessimist for this

If it saves an engine then it was worth it.

I do not mean to discourage someone, but as you and other people should know turboing a car and turboing a car correctly are two completely different things.

This goes even more so for builds that start with stock blocks, internal waste gates, Chrome instead of crome, and threads asking how much hp will I make.

Like I said, I am all for the love, but make sure it is safe protected condom wearing love that won't blow up an engine.

On a side not I installed my progress rear sway yesterday, and haven't been able to to take it out and oversteer yet, that may explain my mood. LOL

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Ok I never said my motor was built. I said I took my f22a6 out to send it to bisimoto to get thbat one built so in the mean time boost my f22b stock internals until my other motor is ready to put in. And I have a log manifold from treadstone. Nothing is from ebay. And I have the HKS HIGH TO LOW boost controller.. and I'm not running the bisi cams yet.. but I will be after I get my swap running right.

Comment

Originally posted by flashbycb7 View Post
                              Ok I never said my motor was built. I said I took my f22a6 out to send it to bisimoto to get thbat one built so in the mean time boost my f22b stock internals until my other motor is ready to put in. And I have a log manifold from treadstone. Nothing is from ebay. And I have the HKS HIGH TO LOW boost controller.. and I'm not running the bisi cams yet.. but I will be after I get my swap running right.
                              You cannot use a boost controller to turn boost DOWN from the spring strength. Thats not how they work.

I was thinking Ghetto was being a bit negative, but now Im starting to feel his mojo.

Boost controller = bleeder valve. It bleeds off the vac going to the wastegate, so less pressure is built in the wastegate. Therefore, the vac has to get higher to = the same pressure.

Think about it like this;

Boost controller open 25%

Stock spring at 8psi resistance

10psi*25% = 2.5psi

10psi-2.5psi = 7.5psi

So, by bleeding off 25% of the vac, it requires 10+psi to open an 8lb spring.

Make sense?

So you would need an additional vac source to get the gate to open earlier. Some people modify the actuator with springs and washers to achieve the same, but thats pretty ghetto.

Sounds like your new to this, and should probably read a lot more before spending 1$ on parts or 5 minutes of your time putting this together.
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
                              X