Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

f22 turbo internals??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22 turbo internals??

which would be the ideal internals for a turbo build? my goal is around 300whp. I also want to keep the stock bore. I have a set of f22 Oem pistons in mint condition and i've heard that they could handle boost with bisimoto rods. any suggestions welcome.
    Turbo F22 Under Construction

300whp on stock pistons is a nono.

Ull forged pistons I believe
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Yea the oem piston rings are the weakpoint, although with a good tune it can be done. In any event, race engineering has some at stock 85mm bore for $494.10 http://www.raceeng.com/p-11812-honda...rings-set.aspx

Comment

ok got it. now im using the f22A6 head. im getting the turbo cam for sure. do i really need to upgrade the valve and springs?

Comment

Originally posted by delaa108 View Post
          ok got it. now im using the f22A6 head. im getting the turbo cam for sure. do i really need to upgrade the valve and springs?
          Not if your're getting a 1.2 bisi cam but as far as a 2.4 goes it would be nice to upgrade the valvetrain. Nevertheless, as for me I always feel that if you're going to pop open the head anyway you might as well do some maintanence like a valve job and cleaning up the head a bit, if not a stock rebuild lol no sense in putting a shiny new cam in an old dirty tired head
          Last edited by TuneAccordingly; 03-25-2011, 12:14 PM.

Comment

who needs an aftermarket cam for 300hp on a Honda yo?

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
              who needs an aftermarket cam for 300hp on a Honda yo?
              Thats what I was thinking.
              The only reason Im going to get my OEM cam regrinded is to move the powerband a little bit, but making the power was cake on a 16g.
              Originally posted by wed3k
              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

well 300hp its the plan for now. i will eventually be adding more shit to it.

Comment

You CAN make 300whp with stock internals. It has been done.
                  The piston ringlands (not the rings) are the weak point, and they will fail with just about any amount of boost over time. The more boost you run, the faster they'll give. This is assuming your engine is perfectly healthy when you boost it, and you use proper parts... and good tuning.

To be honest, I wouldn't want more than 300whp in a FWD car. Beyond that, you're fighting for traction.

Comment

New to this forums. I am the current Bisimoto Rep for this site. If your interested in knowing a little bit about my back ground you can check out my introduction tread.

As far as Honda motors they are capable of making near 300whp (sometimes even more) with stock internals but at those power levels even with a good tune they likely not to last for that long especially if its a street driven vehicle. Definitely piston ring lands as mentioned before are Hondas weakest point and does not take much force to break them.

I always recommend going with at the very least aftermarket rods and pistons to have a much more reliable setup around 300whp and up.

If you are interested we do offer a combo pack with a custom Bisimoto steel rods and Bisimoto spec pistons for the f22a/b. This Bisimoto combo uses longer rods and a custom pistons that will give you a better rod to stroke ratio.

Having a better rod to stroke ratio will lower piston skirt loading on your cylinder wall and will free up some hp being there is less friction in you motor usually around 4% increase. PM me if you want to know any more info

Comment

Originally posted by Julio@Bisimoto View Post
                      New to this forums. I am the current Bisimoto Rep for this site. If your interested in knowing a little bit about my back ground you can check out my introduction tread.

As far as Honda motors they are capable of making near 300whp (sometimes even more) with stock internals but at those power levels even with a good tune they likely not to last for that long especially if its a street driven vehicle. Definitely piston ring lands as mentioned before are Hondas weakest point and does not take much force to break them.

I always recommend going with at the very least aftermarket rods and pistons to have a much more reliable setup around 300whp and up.

If you are interested we do offer a combo pack with a custom Bisimoto steel rods and Bisimoto spec pistons for the f22a/b. This Bisimoto combo uses longer rods and a custom pistons that will give you a better rod to stroke ratio.

Having a better rod to stroke ratio will lower piston skirt loading on your cylinder wall and will free up some hp being there is less friction in you motor usually around 4% increase. PM me if you want to know any more info

i wanted to chime in here and ask u about the price for that ... i was on ur site and didnt see anything about a combo deal ... i might be looking into buying that

Comment

hey jose, if you want to save money and just get forged pistons, i can turn the oem rods to accept a floating style wrist pin. i have a set that i just converted for one of my builds but turned out the pistons were a press fit.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                          hey jose, if you want to save money and just get forged pistons, i can turn the oem rods to accept a floating style wrist pin. i have a set that i just converted for one of my builds but turned out the pistons were a press fit.
                          sounds good wes! is that a good idea tho?

Comment

Originally posted by Julio@Bisimoto View Post

Just bought this combo the other night!!!!! so stoked 759 usd I believe it was

Comment

Originally posted by delaa108 View Post
                              sounds good wes! is that a good idea tho?
                              For mild use, if everything is done carefully and correctly... it would probably work fine. However, if it fails, just about everything inside the motor will get damaged. Personally, I would save a little extra milk money to buy brand new forged rods, just to be on the safe side!

In a low-RPM, low-boost turbo setup, the rods take less abuse than they do in even a mild higher-RPM-than-stock N/A build... if that makes sense. The tensile stress on the rods in an N/A motor is immense. Turbo, the pistons tend to get the most punishment, until you really start cranking up the boost. Then those rods might want to bend. If they have any unnecessary sideways play, they will probably bend very quickly.

Comment

Working...
                              X