Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What size turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size turbo

I'm in the process of putting a turbo f2b set up together in my 98 civic coupe. Motor is a stock f22a1 with an oem rebuild and a6 intake manifold. I plan on running a obx ramhorn manifold with 3 in. downpipe and full 3 in. exhaust. I've been leaning toward a .60 intake/.63 exhaust turbo but I'm still unsure if the turbo will spool up fast enough before stock redline. I plan on running no more then 12 psi but f22a's are a dime a dozen and the boost might go up so I want a turbo that would still be able to spool fast enough but still be efficient. I'm hoping someone will chime in who has some experience with turbo f22a's.

The only other mods the motor might see is
    -h22 plenum and throttle body on the f22a6 manifold
    -bisi cam

What size turbo for stock f22 on 12psi?
    Would a .48 exhaust be to small?
    About what rpm would it hit full boost?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Do research on Turbo Compressor Maps
    It will help u on picking the right size turbo

Members Ride thread

Comment

A turbonetics T3/T4 series won't hurt or you can even run a 20G turbo with the adapter on the OBX -r Manifold or just get a DSM OBX ramhorn Manifold and drill that extra hole and now you got yourself your own DSM Setup....but the t3/t4 is a good big turbo for the f22A big turbo=longer maybe slower spool, as for the 20G turbo smaller but quick spool....

so basically what ever power gains you want and what ever performance you need, in the end its up to you to come up with your own turbo decision...lol

Originally posted by deevergote
      .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

why turbonetics? aren't they just reverse engineering garretts.
        I'd get a borg warner airwerks. for their price they put other companies to shame

Comment

Prolly a good idea to go DSM setup with a 14b/big 16g. That is what i had before my new setup. Either turbo bolts up to the dsm mani as long as you bore the wholes out on the mani to fit the block.

Comment

Originally posted by brian91accord View Post
            Prolly a good idea to go DSM setup with a 14b/big 16g. That is what i had before my new setup. Either turbo bolts up to the dsm mani as long as you bore the wholes out on the mani to fit the block.
            unless hes just looking for quick boost those aren't generally the best to go with. they are small and generate a lot of heat and will cause more damage than its worth

My Members Ride Thread
            Originally posted by deevergote
            You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Working...
            X