Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

block guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can someone tell or correct me... is the h22a4 crankshaft from 01 prelude engine the same as f22a mean in main journal and rod journal DIA... can someone please correct me if im wrong..thank you!

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=41915
      spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dj_eclipse_303 View Post
        can someone tell or correct me... is the h22a4 crankshaft from 01 prelude engine the same as f22a mean in main journal and rod journal DIA... can someone please correct me if im wrong..thank you!

F22x main journal diameter is the same (50mm) as either H22A (JDM), H22A1 (4th gen), or ONLY THE 1997H22A4 (I have one in my car).

The post 97 H22A4s have 55mm mains. The rod journals are all the same size though.
        750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
        realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

Originally posted by Supergenius View Post
          F22x main journal diameter is the same (50mm) as either H22A (JDM), H22A1 (4th gen), or ONLY THE 1997H22A4 (I have one in my car).

The post 97 H22A4s have 55mm mains. The rod journals are all the same size though.
          thanks for the info friend...

What bearings are best to use OEM, ACL, CLEVITE etc.. lol this is going in slow motion... let me know your thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_eclipse_303 View Post
            thanks for the info friend...

What bearings are best to use OEM, ACL, CLEVITE etc.. lol this is going in slow motion... let me know your thoughts.
            use oem or ACL.

In a honda motor you can NEVER go wrong with OEM parts!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
            member ride thread
            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

i heard that before lol ...... thank you for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                http://www.blueprintracing.com/shopexd.asp?id=1270

I cant say I have first hand experience with their sleeves, but I have a set of their rods and they are very nice. All 4 of the rod's big boar measured the exact same size and are perfectly round. My boar gauge is accurate to the 1/2 ten thousandth, or .00005"

Their price is around $1000.
                I have those sleeves in my motor. +1 for blueprint. Excellent quality/workmanship.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

do floating wrist pin pistons need to be done at a machine shop or any one with mechanical experience can put these together? cuz the come with some clips and the wrist pin just slides on it very easy

Comment

make sure they are uber clean and the rods are facing the right way and throw them together.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

how can i tell what is the correct way the rod should face just for reference so i can look at it let him know, tho he should know that lol by the way i have crower rods and they have some marks on bottom side F1, F2, F3, F4 also pistons dont have a mark so i figure/found out too that the intake valves are bigger so i did a little mark that faces the timing cover... but any extra info before do anything is welcome.. let me know thanks!

Comment

the bearing tangs need to face a certain way in the block, it's all in the manual.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

yeah either towards the exhaust side or intake side... does it really matter ?

Comment

Working...
                          X