Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Launch control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Launch control

now that my car is tuned and running great (just took out a modded STi ) i wanted to get my launch control set up...is anyone using hondata and give me some pointers?

Behind Every Successful Person...Lies a Pack Of Haters!

If you took out an STi, I assume you're boosted, correct?

If so, I would DEFINITELY use a launch control that cuts spark, rather than fuel. As far as I know, most ECU-based launch control setups only cut fuel. If you do that, you'll be running lean as soon as the cut hits. That could result in severe detonation under boost. MSD makes good spark cut launch control modules. That's what I would look into.

Comment

For your Hondata it works by adding Heaps of fuel, and Seriously retarding the timing. For memory you can set it to do a fuel cut, OR fuel and ignition cut.

Eg - On mine I add 25% extra fuel, and retard the timing by 40 degrees.

You need to be careful doing it, because it creates very high EGT's and fairly fast.
      Start off by adding extra fuel - then start retarding the timing in small amounts.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Interesting. I've never heard of launch control by adding fuel... though that certainly makes sense! I wonder if any ricer ever hydrolocked by standing on it, hitting the cut for an extended period of time.

Comment

thats more commonly called anti-lag.
          spin city

Comment

launch control/anti-lag/two-step, are they all synonymous with each other?

BB2F22-T3super60:250hp/275lb-ft @10psi

Comment

can i get more info on that msd unit?

Comment

Im using hondata s100 with the launch control set at 4,500 rpms. I think im gonna lower that number but idk im just playing around with it. Works good though
                ALL PARTS MUST GO
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157038

Link to my turbobuild/members ride
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=110483

Comment

Originally posted by rossisalvage View Post
                  Im using hondata s100 with the launch control set at 4,500 rpms. I think im gonna lower that number but idk im just playing around with it. Works good though

really? mine's set @ 3500 (on eCtune) and i wanna raise mine.

mine USED to be variable, but the tuner switched it when i got dyno'd, so now when i'm @ the track attempting to do a burnout, since the track is so slick, 3500 isn't high enough so when i dump the clutch i just get CRAZYYYYYYY wheel hop instead of spinning the tires

i'm pretty sure there's 2 different ways to setup launch control on eCtune, and i prefer the first way i had it

Comment

Originally posted by twokexlv6coupe View Post
                    really? mine's set @ 3500 (on eCtune) and i wanna raise mine.

mine USED to be variable, but the tuner switched it when i got dyno'd, so now when i'm @ the track attempting to do a burnout, since the track is so slick, 3500 isn't high enough so when i dump the clutch i just get CRAZYYYYYYY wheel hop instead of spinning the tires

i'm pretty sure there's 2 different ways to setup launch control on eCtune, and i prefer the first way i had it
                    hahaha niice. Idk I feel like 4,500 is too high for the streets I might drop it to 4,000. I have gotten a couple good launches at 4,500 when my tires are warm and its warm outside, but usually I just spin for days haha. Maybe I just need some good tires and 4,500 would be good
                    ALL PARTS MUST GO
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157038

Link to my turbobuild/members ride
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=110483

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppa694lyfe View Post
                      can i get more info on that msd unit?
                      MSD 6AL-2 Ignition with rotary dial 2 step control and rev limiter. This is what I use and it's great because you can adjust it whenever you like. If you're serious about racing then I would recommend something along this line.

SOLD!!
                      Boosted H22
                      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

i have my anti-lag set at 5200 rpm.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                        member ride thread
                        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by rossisalvage View Post
                          hahaha niice. Idk I feel like 4,500 is too high for the streets I might drop it to 4,000. I have gotten a couple good launches at 4,500 when my tires are warm and its warm outside, but usually I just spin for days haha. Maybe I just need some good tires and 4,500 would be good

i guess we should switch setups considering our driving style haha. 3500 sounds absolutely perfect for on the street, and 4500 would be perfect for the strip.

oh yea, your only supposed to build 1-2psi with the launch control right? nothing more?
                          Last edited by twokexlv6coupe; 04-26-2010, 09:59 AM.

Comment

why would you want launch control for the streets anyway? That's idiotic.

Comment

Originally posted by twokexlv6coupe View Post
                              i guess we should switch setups considering our driving style haha. 3500 sounds absolutely perfect for on the street, and 4500 would be perfect for the strip.

oh yea, your only supposed to build 1-2psi with the launch control right? nothing more?
                              I build 15psi with launch control at 5800 rpm.

4500 on the strip will just make you bog, you would need to go much higher than that!

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              why would you want launch control for the streets anyway? That's idiotic.
                              anti-lag/launch control has no place on the street. launching at street lights will do 2 things, 1 break your car, 2 get you a ticket for exibition of speed.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                              member ride thread
                              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
                              X