Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H22/H23 Internals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22/H23 Internals

To make this short-n-sweet, I'd like to hear some suggestions about internals to use on my motor rebuild project.

It's an H23A1 block with an H22A head. I plan to supercharge the motor and force at least 15psi or more. So basically, I NEED to build a bullet-proof motor here or "motor go BOOM!"

I'm mainly concerned with the crank, rods, cams, and may also change the pistons (it's currently got type-s pistons with 11:1 comp.).

Does anyone have any recommendations from what they have used in the past that worked perfectly. I won't have the exact specifications of what I need until the motor is blueprinted and that will narrow down my choices big time, but just in general, what companies have you guys used and had EXCELLENT results?

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Ah, good ol' fizzy! Nice to see you again!

Thanks for your feedback. I agree with you, but I'm gonna blueprint it and I'm willing to make any changes needed to make it a power monster. Sleeving was already in the plans. I have already been expecting oil sys. changes along with some cooling sys. changes as well. I found an exceptional machine shop about 40 mins. away from me and they're more than willing to work with me on any changes. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna lower the comp. but the blueprinting will tell me what I need to lower it to. I'm saving for a nice micrometer set now and when I get it I'll start tearing it down. I'll post the specs of the motor when I do that along with what changes I plan to make so you can tell me what you think about that. I don't plan on doing anything that's gonna kill the motor prematurely so I'm making sure I look at every aspect before I purchase the first part. I know it's a challenge, but what decent motor rebuild isn't. I know I'll spend a little more to get the same results as the H22 block, but it can be done and may even push the boundries of import tuning a little further. The car itself is gonna be a freak of nature so it only seems right to put a freakish motor in the hatch. Gimme a little while on those specs, but I'll post them the second I measure the motor.

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

I value what you say.

Like I said, I still need to take measurements and do some serious number crunching, but I'll know the best route to take then. If the blueprinting shows that either the H22 or F20 block is a better option than the H23 then I'll use that block. I want the best results. Money isn't any issue so whatever is gonna work best. For all I know I might not even use the H22 head because of the high boost charging I want to do. I just happened to already have this built motor laying around so why not use it as a core. What I don't use from it I can sell. The H23 does make a much better block for dragging, but well see what the numbers show. I'm only making educated guesses at this point, but the numbers don't lie.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

UPDATE:

Well, an opportunity presented itself and I just may do it.

Someone who wants the built H23 made me an offer of trading the motor for a Ninja crotch rocket and some cash. I've wanted to get either a Ninja or a CBR for a while now so I might take them up on their offer. Once I see and drive the bike, I'll make my decision. If I do this, I'll be starting the plans for the race motor over from scratch. I'd have more time to plan it out from the beginning and have some extra cash from the trade to start buying the pieces I need. I'm dead set on the RWD conversion, but I'm not dead set on the motor yet so we'll see what I end up getting.

Thanks for your feedback fizzy

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

RWD? just throw in a F20C you crazy hick!
          Four rods enter, one rod leaves...

Comment

whatever you choose to do do it right or youll be kicking yourself like me a couple of times wondering why where you born in the morning hee hee but after awhile youll get it right. Many blessings to you and your project.

Comment

Working...
            X