Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

2 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Questions

Can we use a recirculating bov and use the stock eclipse gsx turbo mas sensor

reason im asking is cus i want to put one of those intakes off ebay for the turbo ill be running and its the stock replacement intake for a eclipse turbo. i know where there is a stock dsm sitting at a junkyard i could snatch the mas sensor off it.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

I think more information is needed. Which intake system are you looking at. The one for the DSM or the one for the CB7, or the generic ones for either cars, the manifold or the intercooler piping or both? I don't really know where to begin to give you a proper answer.
    Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
      I think more information is needed. Which intake system are you looking at. The one for the DSM or the one for the CB7, or the generic ones for either cars, the manifold or the intercooler piping or both? I don't really know where to begin to give you a proper answer.

Its a direct replacement intake for a gsx eclipse, just its a aluminum pipe. U could go on ebaymotors and type in gsx intake and they will be right there. I'm at work on my phone so I can't post up the link
      miss my turbo cb7

Comment

do you want to use it run the car in place of a map with or just to see the data?
        spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
          do you want to use it run the car in place of a map with or just to see the data?
          no im going to delete the stock map location and rewire it to the gsx map sensor

i want that intake in my accord using the gsx mas sensor
          miss my turbo cb7

Comment

nvm found out forced performance makes a pipe without a bov return for 80 bucks. this made my headache less
            miss my turbo cb7

Comment

what kind of engine management do you have? I don't understand why you would want to get a MAF in place of your MAP.
              spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                what kind of engine management do you have? I don't understand why you would want to get a MAF in place of your MAP.
                I was just going the same place in my mind - why are you trying to fit a MAF sensor and a recirculating bov?
                My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Originally posted by high c View Post
                  I was just going the same place in my mind - why are you trying to fit a MAF sensor and a recirculating bov?
                  i guess its hard for you guys to understand.

DSM's do not use MAP they use MAF. and i wanted the ebay gsx turbo intake for my dsm setup, but it requires to bolt up the maf sensor. thats why i wanted to see if i could rewire the map to the maf and give a reading to the ecu.
                  miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Working...
                  X