Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22 Turbo Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 Turbo Question

well.. i have a turbonetics T3/T4 turbo.. uninstalled

the reason why its not installed is becuz i dont know where i can get a manifold and all the other stuff i need..

parts i have:
    Turbonetics T3/T4 Turbo
    Delta wastgate
    Greddy BOV
    Intercooler

wat other parts do i need?
    manifold..
    piping..
    any electronics?
    downpipe?

wat manifold can i use on a F22? a DSM..?

where do i get all the piping.. and where can i get the manifold?
    wat i mean by piping.. is.. intercooler piping and intake and all that stuff..

and BTW are u guys talking about the DSM 1st gen manifold.. as in like the turbo eclipse..?

I KNOW.. I KNOW.. IM A NOOB
    Last edited by CB7xTURBO; 12-25-2004, 12:44 AM.
    MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

1991 Honda Accord EX - MY NEW ONE
    1991 Honda Accord LX - Impounded and GONE
    1993 Honda Accord EX H22 - SOLD

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

if you use the DSM (yes, turbo eclipse,talon, laser) manifold you would have to have a custom flange made to bolt the T3/T4 to fit...and to tell you the truth i think a turbo that size would hit the block a lot. your most likey going to have one custom made.

your gonna need some kind of engine management. i would reccomend a chipped ECU with "uberdata" probably the cheapest AND the most effective for your car(thats not a very common combination in the automotive world)
    either me or midnite racer x can chip you an ECU for a small fee.

for charge pipes your going to have to custom make them. buy a bunch of 90 and 180. deg mandrel bends and silicone connectors from ebay and just use trial and error to connect everything. you will have to have your BOV welded into the pipe as well.

to add to the list your gonna need some bigger injectors, (DSM 450cc are a good choice). You're gonna need oil lines to get oil to and from the turbo as well. i think thats basicly it, have your downpipe made at a muffler shop and you will be good to gooooooooooo

EDIT: Also, keep an eye on that delgate...they call them "Deathgates" with good reason

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

so wats recommended?
      so i cant use a dsm manifold? or its possible?
      wat do u mean get a custom made manifold?
      how much to chip an ecu?

anything else i need to know?

well.. my engine as u might know is a F22.. will i need a boost controller and a turbo timer?
      MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

Comment

BTW.. pix of my car..

nothin much
        MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

does anyone have any parts in this list for sale for a 1991 Honda Accord LX?
          turbo manifold
          piping.. intake.. intercooler.. turbo
          chipped ECU like accordR33 said..

or anything i need..

all i have is a turbo.. BOV.. and intercooler.. anyone have the other parts i need
          MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

Originally posted by CB7xTURBO
            does anyone have any parts in this list for sale for a 1991 Honda Accord LX?
            turbo manifold
            piping.. intake.. intercooler.. turbo
            chipped ECU like accordR33 said..

or anything i need..

all i have is a turbo.. BOV.. and intercooler.. anyone have the other parts i need

i mean, even with the tiny 14b turbos the turbo hits the block with the DSM manifold and you have to grind away some of the block, with a big t3/t4 Im afraid its not gonna fit at all with the DSM manifold...hence you will need to find a custom one.

im selling complete kits for $1200, but since you already have the turbo i may be able to knock it down...however with the price of a custom T3/T4 manifold it might not be much less...let me know

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Turbo manifold - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Charge piping - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

ECU chipping from me - $60 if you supply the ecu (p06 ecu preferred and cheapest to find)

Intake - A pipe and a filter...that one isn't hard to find

Silicone hose couplers - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33742

Front mount intercooler - Johnnyracecar.com $200shipped

Roadraceengineering - for adapters, flanges, gaskets, t-bolt clamps and such...just look around

dsmtrader.com - turbo timer, 450cc injectors, boost controllers

you won't need a boost controller if u don't intend on boosting past whatever psi your wastegate is set at. The wastegate's setting is governed by the spring in the wastegate
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

personally, i bought a mani from south florida performance... they dudnt seem to kno what a f22a1 was seein as they sent the 94-97 accord mani 2 times in a row before i sent them the right flange for my whip... plus my cuzin and i had to custom fabricate the collector as they sat it to close to the block as well as we had to fab our own wastegate flange... my cuzin and i also made a complete custom downpipe and wastegate dump tube that runs into the dp... i persinally made all the charge piping myself and i know its not the best setup but i used a side mouynt saab interrcooler and actually sat it horizontally where my battery used 2 be... its jus more of a sleep look but thats jus my preffrence... i'll have pixx posted soon so every1 can peep it... i also needed to get rid of my stokk fans and got a couple FALs and put em in front of the radiator instead of behind plus i put a oil cooler in front between the rad and fans... other than that i needed to refab a front engine mount which i relocated to where my a/c used to be... i dunno if theres anyway to get around that, but i couldnt find an easy one seein as im runnin a t3/t4oe super 60 with 63 a/r so its fukkin huuuge... sorry if i dont help jus lettin u kno how i ran my setup for example

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                  Turbo manifold - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Charge piping - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

ECU chipping from me - $60 if you supply the ecu (p06 ecu preferred and cheapest to find)

Intake - A pipe and a filter...that one isn't hard to find

Silicone hose couplers - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33742

Front mount intercooler - Johnnyracecar.com $200shipped

Roadraceengineering - for adapters, flanges, gaskets, t-bolt clamps and such...just look around

dsmtrader.com - turbo timer, 450cc injectors, boost controllers

you won't need a boost controller if u don't intend on boosting past whatever psi your wastegate is set at. The wastegate's setting is governed by the spring in the wastegate
                  is that manifold gonna fit the accord perfectly..?

how much for an ecu.. if i cant give u one..?
                  MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

fitment isn't normally an issue with the log-style manifolds and he seems to know that there are two types of f22's so just specify your engine model is all. I'll sell one of my po6 ecu's for $75 add another $60 for chipping
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

i just got a new accord like 2 or 3 days ago..
                      its a 92 or 93 4DR
                      H22A
                      Roll cage
                      DC sports headers
                      dual exhaust

its pretty sweet.. i will post pix as soon as im finished puttin my T3/T4
                      turbo.. and done primering.. its silver right now..

i got the whole car with everything for $1800.. u guys think its a bad deal? i think its the best deal ever

--

i also have a saleen wing ( similar to the mustang saleen wing ) that came off the car.. its up for sale

i also have m3 mirrors that came from it.. up for sale..
                      MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

Working...
                      X