Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Boosted f22B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boosted f22B

I see all the dsm custom setups are done on the f22a motor, anyone do one on the f22B? I am planning on doing it and wondering if anyone had a basemap for it on uberdata.

What do you guys think, 6-7psi on stock internals at about 9.3-9.5:1 compression? I think it would be fine, just want to see if anyone thinks otherwise. Eventually I would get low comp pistons so I can raise the boost, but for now I'm running stock.
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

we're not in the old days anymore so u really don't need to lower the compression...i'll actually be going higher myself in the long run. I can make u a basemap in uber just tell me all the details of your setup and if you have access to a dyno w/ wideband, or if you'll be buying a wideband yourself
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

how do you not need to lower the compression? Maybe I'm low tech or something, but I thought forcing more air into a high compression combustion can result in premature detanation and possible the loss of the engine.
      I'll be getting a wideband o2, and I know theres threads on this in the uberdata forums, but I'm still learning so I was wondering if there was a premade basemap.
      BTW, I'm not planning on turboing till mid January, when I have my whole setup pieced together. I am going to the junkyards to get a p06 ecu next week, along with some 5th gen rims .
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

im doing boost. i dont have a f22b but i do have a h23 and i have the turbo manifold. u can use the h23 turbo kit for the f22b. no problem at all. im doing a full built motor and im doing 10:1 pistons high compression forged pistons means fast spool up time. low boost/ horse power

Comment

as long as you aren't running too much timing and are under good a/f ratios then you won't detonate. Ppl run 11.0:1 comp ratios and make plenty of good non-detonating power its all in the tuning and how much u know about engines. With high comp u don't need to run as much boost like oneoffaccord said. But your engine will need to be more finely tuned
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I'm doing a dsm setup so I don't need an h23 turbo parts. I thought the f22ax exhaust manifold would fit, or is the h23 and f22ax the same manifold? Ehhh, I don't think I'm going to up compression, and I guess I won't lower it. I can't lose this engine because it's my daily driver and I need it. and of course the timing will be retarded slightly, since I will only run like 8 psi max, and the a/f will being running on the rich side till I have the time to tune it with the wb o2 and get the max power out of it.
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
              I'm doing a dsm setup so I don't need an h23 turbo parts. I thought the f22ax exhaust manifold would fit, or is the h23 and f22ax the same manifold? Ehhh, I don't think I'm going to up compression, and I guess I won't lower it. I can't lose this engine because it's my daily driver and I need it. and of course the timing will be retarded slightly, since I will only run like 8 psi max, and the a/f will being running on the rich side till I have the time to tune it with the wb o2 and get the max power out of it.
              you can you the h23 exhuast manifold they are the same for both h23 and f22a/b.

Comment

Working...
              X