Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

what should i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what should i do?

i have 3 options for my build. bisimoto long block, bisimoto short block, or build myself. keep in mind that i have never built a motor before.
    build myself
    42.31%
    bisimoto short block
    15.38%
    bisimoto long block
    42.31%

The poll is expired.

OHIO CB7's

My Ride

MOD FUND: better if I could sell some of my stuff.

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Brother, if I had the money, bisi's longblock would be the way to go.

Comment

Whats your budget?
      WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

If getting a long block from Bisi is seriously an option i'd go ahead and make the call lol. It's a good bit of money but damn if I wouldn't love to have that motor.

Comment

wow to many non motivated boost addicts right now.
          or wannabe addicts considering nobody that is boosted has chimed in.
          At least they are thinking about it, or trying to up their post count.

all the love is into the work you put into your own project.
          Not someone elses project.

thats just me tho!!!
          Last edited by drummersteve7; 10-07-2009, 05:35 PM.
          MadLab Racing
          Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
            wow to many non motivated boost addicts right now.
            or wannabe addicts considering nobody that is boosted has chimed in.
            At least they are thinking about it, or trying to up their post count.

all the love is into the work you put into your own project.
            Not someone elses project.

thats just me tho!!!
            Could not have said it better myself. I take more pride in saying ya i put this motor together then saying ya i have the money to pay someone to build this motor.

And also if you build it yourself u can put any part you want so it is custom to your desire not what is recommended.

Blood, Sweat, and Tears meaning more then pocket fulls to me

I say do it yourself and learn. Also if someone ask you about your motor you won't be able to answer there question other then its a bisimoto motor so i have no clue.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

i'm in the same boat as the OP; i def have the mechanical experience to build a block myself, i just don't wanna risk it w/ $2K+ in parts on my very first engine build.

is there like a how-to on assembling a short block? i know about plastigauging the bearings and offsetting the piston ring gaps, but hazy on stuff like setting ring gap per power levels, and stuff like that.

BB2F22-T3super60:250hp/275lb-ft @10psi

Comment

thats a good point. I am not exactly sure about a DIY. Needs to be one for us addicts.

even if you do go Bisi, you can always ask what he did.
                more like tell him what to do, I am sure he will make recomendations at which point.
                But if he builds, you spent the money, he should get you the specs for everything.

so if someone asks you can tell them...then sweat and wait for that last question...
                "Did you build this yourself?" and when you say no your head falls to the ground.
                But then you can say I spent the money. and keep your head down!
                MadLab Racing
                Southern Maryland

Comment

really dont know my budget until i find out what my military sign on bonus is. i have never built a motor before and i dont want to mess anything up. i like the idea of having a motor built by a pro. i guess im just nervous.
                  OHIO CB7's

My Ride

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Comment

Originally posted by T04ECB7 View Post
                    really dont know my budget until i find out what my military sign on bonus is. i have never built a motor before and i dont want to mess anything up. i like the idea of having a motor built by a pro. i guess im just nervous.
                    is there actually a sign on bonus? I thought Obama fucked that all away!
                    MadLab Racing
                    Southern Maryland

Comment

Honestly if I were you I would buy an F motor and build it on the side. Take your time with it and double check everything. Get some members from this site to come over for a meet and greet or whatever and cook some food and hang out and get them to help work on your motor with you. In the end it'll be worth it. Sure it may not have Bisi's name on it but even a motor built by the best can have its faults. If it doesn't break then wonderful. But if it does then you'll be out of pocket even more money instead of being to tear it down yourself and fix it.

Comment

have a block and head... i would need to get some specialty tools to do so.. i have never built a motor before though and i dont want to mess anything up...
                        OHIO CB7's

My Ride

Build Thread

Comment

so if someone asks you can tell them...then sweat and wait for that last question...
                          "Did you build this yourself?" and when you say no your head falls to the ground.
                          There's no shame in running an engine you bought. Not everyone has the tools, space knowledge and/or time to build an engine. Look at it like this; did you build the struts on your ride? Make the brake calipers? The stereo components? No, those are all items that you didn't have the aforementioned things necessary to build yourself. If the OP wants to buy and drop in a bisimoto crate motor, he shouldn't feel guilty about it. I've been doing cars for over 25 years and I've never heard anyone badmouth another builder because he dropped in a crate motor instead of building it himself.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                            There's no shame in running an engine you bought. Not everyone has the tools, space knowledge and/or time to build an engine. Look at it like this; did you build the struts on your ride? Make the brake calipers? The stereo components? No, those are all items that you didn't have the aforementioned things necessary to build yourself. If the OP wants to buy and drop in a bisimoto crate motor, he shouldn't feel guilty about it. I've been doing cars for over 25 years and I've never heard anyone badmouth another builder because he dropped in a crate motor instead of building it himself.

no it wouldnt be badmouthing and your right. but same time howmuch cooler is it to say you built it yourself? plus boost is addicting as we all know. will just be better for future plans!
                            MadLab Racing
                            Southern Maryland

Comment

thats a good point. I am not exactly sure about a DIY. Needs to be one for us addicts.

even if you do go Bisi, you can always ask what he did.
                              more like tell him what to do, I am sure he will make recomendations at which point.
                              But if he builds, you spent the money, he should get you the specs for everything.

Well i disagree with you. Some people just suck at turning wrenches or just dont have time and or facilities. Just because you had someone else do it doesnt mean you have no idea what your talking about. I know some people out there that should have gotten it done by a pro cause now it runs like crap and all they can do is blame themselves.

honestly if you wanna get a nice motor built for you then do and fuck the haters

Comment

Working...
                              X