Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Non intercooled greddy turbo kit h22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non intercooled greddy turbo kit h22?

Hey guys, wondering if it is okay to run a greddy turbo kit for my prelude without an intercooler. Is it gonna overheat, or am i gonna have other problems with it. Also what will happen if i decide to push the car. Reason for this is my tight budget, but i will eventually get an intercooler. Just wondering if it will run fine without a FMIC? Thanks homies.

intercooler good, no intercooler bad
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

It can be done you just have to run lower boost pressure, take out more timing, and run more fuel in to make up for the hotter intake air temperature.

I know Greddy makes a Turbo kit for the 5th gen prelude with no intercooler and then they have the intercooler kit add-on which includes the intercooler and piping.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

well i understand that it can be done, but i am wondering how safe it would be. How long could i do this for. How much more damage would it causee to the motor, and how hard can i push the car when this setup is completed. Also, what would be an estimate of how much it would put down to the wheels. Thanks

Comment

just hold off untill you can afford a kit with a IC.
          and you're running stock inturnals right?
          With a stock block I wouldn't go above 7PSI WITH a IC without one I wouldn't go higher then 4 or 5psi which is hardly worth it IMHO. not worth the risk to your motor.
          ~~~~~~~

Comment

yea just save up and wait til you can afford the IC. but if your in a hurry just throw it on there without the IC and get it tuned by a pro. get a hondata or a uberdata too. i heard those greddy blue box fuel management things are crap.
            92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by LX Rida
              yea just save up and wait til you can afford the IC. but if your in a hurry just throw it on there without the IC and get it tuned by a pro. get a hondata or a uberdata too. i heard those greddy blue box fuel management things are crap.
              word
              ~~~~~~~

Comment

werd i was talking to lude man telling him he NEEDS professional tuning, now just some random facts whats estimated life of a H22 if its in good condition, running 7 psi daily intercooled and well tuned? I mean we drive it HARD everyday? Thanks.
                To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
                  werd i was talking to lude man telling him he NEEDS professional tuning, now just some random facts whats estimated life of a H22 if its in good condition, running 7 psi daily intercooled and well tuned? I mean we drive it HARD everyday? Thanks.
                  AFAIK even if you tune it right at 7psi and beat on it everyday it won't last that long. maybe a year if you're lucky. so your best bet is to think about saving up for the engine build after you get the turbo.
                  and remember to tuen that thing as soon as you get it!
                  ~~~~~~~

Comment

if your on a tight budget..dont boost an H22. power = money. the more money you have the more power you can make

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

just get a 5" ($155 shipped) or 6" ($185 shipped) intercooler from www.johnnyracercar.com...........-justin

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
                      tranny (no grinds)
                      ECU
                      DC header w/ heat wrap
                      full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
                      $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

justin your link doesnt work
                        www.2camcrew.com

Comment

Working...
                        X