Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo install question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo install question

im almost done installing my turbo...just have a question...

1. For the DSM injectors...the soft rubber seals wont fit inside the manifold if i use the stock ones. What have you guys with the DSM turbo kits done?
    Hold On Not Done Accelerating
    Had One Never Did Again

no dremel no nothing...stock works...

ur using dsm 450's?

all you need to do is lube up the section of the injector that meets the seal inside. this will let it slide in with a SMALL amount of pressure and tightening the fuel rail bolts.
    MadLab Racing
    Southern Maryland

Comment

hmmm...is this with the stock accord seals or the stock eclipe/talon seals because i tried lubing up the accrd ones but no luck?

and yes tey are 450s
      Had One Never Did Again

Comment

all stock accord seals....

you got pics.
        no luck, that just doesn't make sense.

what part are you having troubles with?
        and how are you doing it?
        MadLab Racing
        Southern Maryland

Comment

put them in the rail first.

then you and a friend push them in and start the rail mount bolts.

then tighten the bolts as needed

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
            put them in the rail first.

then you and a friend push them in and start the rail mount bolts.

then tighten the bolts as needed
            X2, I put mine in the manifold first, then put the injectors in.
            And lube them well.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=138396

BB2F22-T3super60:250hp/275lb-ft @10psi

Comment

put vaseline on the injector. slide all the injectors on. then get the rail and slide them into the injector. screw the nuts on and tighten. they will seal that way and the injector will slide all the way down
                miss my turbo cb7
                moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

ok guys. The injectors are in and the fuel rail is on. Thanks for all ur help

I just need some help with one of the coolant lines from the 14b turbo and also some exhaust ideas
                  Had One Never Did Again

Comment

Originally posted by jas_r34 View Post
                    ok guys. The injectors are in and the fuel rail is on. Thanks for all ur help

I just need some help with one of the coolant lines from the 14b turbo and also some exhaust ideas
                    Take the hose that goes from the thermostat to the throttle body off, run the hose from the thermostat to the outercooling line on the turbo. Then ur return line to the throttle body

As goes for exhaust, take it to a exhaust shop
                    miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                      Take the hose that goes from the thermostat to the throttle body off, run the hose from the thermostat to the outercooling line on the turbo. Then ur return line to the throttle body

As goes for exhaust, take it to a exhaust shop

ok will do....does it matter if i reverse the lines from the way youve stated?

also for the exhaust, i am custom welding it myself. I am planning on just putting on a high flow cat and a resontaor seeing as how the turbo will make it quieter.

my downpipe is 2.5'' and i would like to do 3'' from the downpipe back. Should i go ahead with this or stick with 2.5 to make things easier. I am hoping to upgrade to a 16G if things go well with this setup.

also, what i have planned is i will slap on the cat and the resonator but will chop the pipe before the S curve on the exhaust. This will give it a completley straight passage
                      Had One Never Did Again

Comment

Originally posted by jas_r34 View Post
                        ok will do....does it matter if i reverse the lines from the way youve stated?

also for the exhaust, i am custom welding it myself. I am planning on just putting on a high flow cat and a resontaor seeing as how the turbo will make it quieter.

my downpipe is 2.5'' and i would like to do 3'' from the downpipe back. Should i go ahead with this or stick with 2.5 to make things easier. I am hoping to upgrade to a 16G if things go well with this setup.

also, what i have planned is i will slap on the cat and the resonator but will chop the pipe before the S curve on the exhaust. This will give it a completley straight passage
                        id just go 3" turbo back. cat will be required if you have emissions in that area.

the hoses could go anyway u like. theres like 10-15psi of coolant pressure so it will flow pretty quicky through the turbo.
                        miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Working...
                        X