Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Boosted fully build h23 block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boosted fully build h23 block

wuz up you guys i just have a few questions. i have a fully build bottom end H23 with forged rods and piston heads and sleeves. well ofcourse i boosting it so i wanted kno how much psi i could run safely. i mainly worried about the valves how much can they take

Whats your target HP that u trying to have

Members Ride thread

Comment

im lookin for around 400hp to the wheels. my boy hit close to 300hp on his stock F22a1 at 16psi. so im pretty sure i can hit 400hp on a forged h23

Comment

so pistons, and whatnot, how about posting up a list of what you are actually using.

any headwork?
        regardless lets us know!

can't really predict what your hp numbers will be without proper information.
        plus I love the H23 engine so. I can't wait!
        MadLab Racing
        Southern Maryland

Comment

500 is pretty easy. if you have a built block i highly suggest at a minimum springs and retainers. and a good turbo choice.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by lildeez07 View Post
            im lookin for around 400hp to the wheels. my boy hit close to 300hp on his stock F22a1 at 16psi. so im pretty sure i can hit 400hp on a forged h23
            I think the save way to run the H23 is about 16 psi as well...No more than 18 psi. Depending on the parts and your turbo you should get about very good results but the H23 is more torque then horsepower. So if you should get around the same about of power as the F22a1 but your torque number will be higher. For example when I dynoed mine, I had like 296 hp but like 270 torque. You will see....you will love it!! Might want to look in changing the Intake Manifold....I ran with a golden Eagle....Top end is very nice with this upgrade...Later

My honda sitting on some Honda Accord Euro R Rims

My Parts for Sale HIT ME UP IF YOUR INTERESTED!!
            http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/fred1618/

Comment

Originally posted by 93sleeper View Post
              I think the save way to run the H23 is about 16 psi as well...No more than 18 psi. Depending on the parts and your turbo you should get about very good results but the H23 is more torque then horsepower. So if you should get around the same about of power as the F22a1 but your torque number will be higher. For example when I dynoed mine, I had like 296 hp but like 270 torque. You will see....you will love it!! Might want to look in changing the Intake Manifold....I ran with a golden Eagle....Top end is very nice with this upgrade...Later

if he is built with sleeves rods and pistons his bottom end is good for 30+psi

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
              member ride thread
              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Its more so about how much power vs boost. b/c u can run 20 psi on one turbo and be fine. But 20 psi on a bigger one, my mess something up, b/c of the more power u making. If u stay below 400 ft lb of torque, u should be find.Torque is what breaks stuff.

Members Ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                  if he is built with sleeves rods and pistons his bottom end is good for 30+psi
                  Originally posted by jm991700 View Post
                  Its more so about how much power vs boost. b/c u can run 20 psi on one turbo and be fine. But 20 psi on a bigger one, my mess something up, b/c of the more power u making. If u stay below 400 ft lb of torque, u should be find.Torque is what breaks stuff.
                  Both of you guys are right....I don't know what the extend of his build is nor do I know what turbo he is running. I am just basing it off of a normal size turbo. Like a 60 trim and my experience. I know one thing when you straight getting in the 20 psi on the 60 trim you have to start running racing fuel.

My honda sitting on some Honda Accord Euro R Rims

My Parts for Sale HIT ME UP IF YOUR INTERESTED!!
                  http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/fred1618/

Comment

ok well i have brian crower rods and piston heads. king main and rod bearings, and darton sleeves the crank has been rebalanced and micopolished there is no head work as of now but im saving up to get some new valve springs and retainers. and some brian crower cams.

Comment

ok well i have brian crower rods and piston heads. king main and rod bearings, and darton sleeves the crank has been rebalanced and micopolished there is no head work as of now but im saving up to get some new valve springs and retainers. and some brian crower cams.
                      specifications?
                      I mean just saying you have pistons is like saying I have a car.
                      its not enough info.
                      but ohhh well, it doesn't sound like you want help at all.
                      I mean do you have high/low compression pistons?(numbers are good)
                      piston heads, (oxymoron) which stlye, dished?

so moving on to bigger and better things!
                      good luck!

BOOOM!
                      MadLab Racing
                      Southern Maryland

Comment

whao hold on there buddy calm down if its specs you want then you got it.
                        the pistons are 87.5mm dished 9:1 and i say piston heads cuz when most ppl say piston they think the rod and piston are all one part so my bad if i affended you by saying piston head

Comment

What kind of people do you talk to that thing pistons means pistons and rods?

I'd stop hanging around them because they are lowering your IQ score.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Im not offended, just wanna know exactly what your talking about.
                            You seem to have potential for a great 1st build.
                            Just wanna make sure all your questions are answered correctly.
                            and without all information your answers will not be perfect.

so despite anyone giving you shit, its a learning process.
                            Not just for you but everyone collectively.

lemme know if you need any help.
                            MadLab Racing
                            Southern Maryland

Comment

i do need to know what are some good rings i could use that would be able to support high psi like 30 max

Comment

Working...
                              X