Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

hybrid building???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hybrid building???

hello to the cb world out there well as some of you all now i have been peicing together a turbo kit slowly. at first i was going to get a holset hx35 and that deal fell through but... i have had a garret to4 hot side ar 1.15 cold .60 and a garret t3 a/r .48 and .30 so i am in the process of making a t3/t04 with a .48 hot and .60 cold. and i was wondering what could i expect out of this turbo i would asumme i will start to spool around 2500 and hit 12 psi or so around 3500 with such a small hot side. so this leads me to my questions

1. is this good idea seeing that i have the parts that i got for around 50 bucks for both with no shaft play at all and both spin freely.
    2. spool times any insight???
    3. peek hp this can flow???
    4. what psi will it push?? i would think it will do 16ish with out pooping out up top.
    5. how can i find out the trim?

this will be gooing on a f22b1 with a f23a head (please don't flame)

and pictures

yes this will be rebuilt and balanced by a guy a a local turbo shop to insure the operation and life of the turbo

the wettness is wd40 those bolts are a pain

Comment

@ "please don't flame" You saw me coming!

I know you put the effort into what you do, so I can excuse your choice of parts...

Anyway, this might do better in the forced induction forum. Those that really know their stuff about turbos may not come in here. I can move it for you if you'd like, unless you have a specific reason for it to be in the beginner tech section.

Comment

yeah i saw it coming lol i posted here because i am a beginner on this topic. but if you don't mind please move this thread for me man.

Comment

oh yeah deev this motor is my ginnie pig for me to learn crome as for the a6 is sitting back waiting for the b1 to go boom. ( if i new what i know now i would have never put the b1/f23 head setup in, but gotta start somewhere)

Comment

Should spool nicely. I think you will have decent response time with the setup you are decidign to run. I would make sure everything goes together just fine! Good idea on the balancing...We made a boo boo when we built a k03/k04 hybrid...It failed because of lack of balancing/driver lol so we gonna just pull it and put in full k04's.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

do you think it will flow enough in higher rpm's or die out???

i talked to a guy at a local turbo shop and he said that balancing is where most turbos fail so with that said it will be done cost around 150 he said but with 50 being spent on the turbos and 150 on build and balance. and rebuild kit is around 80ish. grand total will be around 300 and he will warrenty it to for 1 year.

Comment

any one???

i measured the turbines

hot side 2 in. and 2.5 inches

cold side 2.2 and 2.75 inches

i tried to calculate the trim and got 64 but i think i might have screwed up somewhere.

but for know the t3/t04b is put to gather i will post pics later after a good cleaning. after the cleaning is done then it is getting droped off at the turbo shop for the rebuild,balance, and welding the waste gate ports shut(going with a external).

parts i have already gotten include
                550cc injectors
                p28 w/hondata s100( but i am going to crome)
                1g dsm bov
                the turbo(S)
                and the mani is on the way but it is a tubular log not a cast log. with t3 flange.

parts needed
                intercooler
                piping
                wastegate
                oil lines
                and a 3 inch v/band down pipe probley will have to be fabed up

but any help on the info on the turbo will be great. the turbo guy doesn't mess with install on cars but said it should work great( his money maker is factory rebuilds)

Comment

the trim is 63.73 give or take a few tenths.

Comment

okay the 16g has a a/r of .49 i will have a a/r of .48 and the comp side i have a larger wheel and a/r of .60, from what i have found the 16g starts to spool as low as 1500 rpms and hitting peek psi by 3000 rpms so i would assume i will start to go positive by 2000 rpms and hit 10-15 psi by 3500 rpms. is this a good comparison. or not??? i am new to the turbo world any help will be great.

Comment

i found measurements of the comp wheels for the to4 and it looks like i have a v-trim

Comment

Working...
                      X