Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

So.. I blew it up already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So.. I blew it up already

So i finally got my bisimoto cam in and started some tunning and everything was fine.. I got a good base tune and went out and messed around on 10lbs and broke something.. So i was figuring this would happen so im going to buy another motor and build it.

My question is should i just pull and build the stock one and what piston and rod combo bearings etc.. do you suggest to run from 12-20psi? I just need some suggestions so i can start tearing it down and ordering parts! Thanks Skyler
    Last edited by slostjoe; 04-22-2009, 01:28 AM.
    2008 3.5SE Altima
    1992 EX Coupe-FAIL

Well if your stock motor is fucked might as well pull that and build that

Since you got the bisi cam you might as well get bisi pistons and rods....make it a nice little set lol

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

So bisi makes low compression pistons?

Comment

yes bisi makes low comp pistons 8.2:1 86mm for 460.
        he also has h beam rods tested to 800whp for 340
        Last edited by quaidum; 04-21-2009, 08:34 PM.
        ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

I know thats kind of what i was thinking.. Damn 220k motor lol
          2008 3.5SE Altima
          1992 EX Coupe-FAIL

Comment

I believe this is the prob...

2008 3.5SE Altima
            1992 EX Coupe-FAIL

Comment

ouch dude. I hope the valve didn't drop and really fuck up the cylinder wall.
              Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

that sucks! pull the head you may only need to slap a valve in there. but if your gonna build it contact BISI. i have his turbo pistons and love them. i also got them ceramic coated. he also now sells great rods that are equal to crowers for close to half the price.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                member ride thread
                11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Dammmmnn...ahhaha..bisi cam owned ur stock valvetrain..I told ur ass u were revving 2 high..

That broke = valve drop=valve fall into cylinder= piston and valve make sammich with head..nom nom nom nom..lol

List of things u should get for the next go around

Bisi valvetrain(doh! Lol)
                  Springs/retainers/etc

Bisi rods

His piston are only 86mm and that's the service limit..I know why he recommends this..fresh hone and true round bore..etc etc..but..without sleeving I wouldn't run a service limit sleeve(block)= on boost

So.. Cp pistons.. 85.5mm gives u .5mm of play..believe it or not that's a world of difference..lol..

EGT probe!
                  And make a Detonation can...look it up on google..so u can monitor ur knock..I haven't looked at ur map yet..but atleast we know that wasn't what killed ur shit..over-revving it was..

Cliffs
                  -bisi valvetrain
                  -bisi rods
                  -cp pistons
                  -arp headbolts
                  -oem honda HG
                  -egt probe
                  -some form of DET monitoring.
                  -bigger snail() ehehe

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
                    Dammmmnn...ahhaha..bisi cam owned ur stock valvetrain..I told ur ass u were revving 2 high..

That broke = valve drop=valve fall into cylinder= piston and valve make sammich with head..nom nom nom nom..lol

List of things u should get for the next go around

Bisi valvetrain(doh! Lol)
                    Springs/retainers/etc

Bisi rods

His piston are only 86mm and that's the service limit..I know why he recommends this..fresh hone and true round bore..etc etc..but..without sleeving I wouldn't run a service limit sleeve(block)= on boost

So.. Cp pistons.. 85.5mm gives u .5mm of play..believe it or not that's a world of difference..lol..

EGT probe!
                    And make a Detonation can...look it up on google..so u can monitor ur knock..I haven't looked at ur map yet..but atleast we know that wasn't what killed ur shit..over-revving it was..

Cliffs
                    -bisi valvetrain
                    -bisi rods
                    -cp pistons
                    -arp headbolts
                    -oem honda HG
                    -egt probe
                    -some form of DET monitoring.
                    -bigger snail() ehehe
                    Read 2 posts above you. lol. We think too much alike. Thats exactly the route I would go.

Comment

7000 isnt over reving that much my tach is off remember .. I dont know that ill need that much of a bigger turbo for the power levels i would like but i will def look into this stuff. Also what are cp pistons?

It makes me wonder they take overlap off the cam how is that harder on valve train...
                      Last edited by slostjoe; 04-22-2009, 01:53 AM.
                      2008 3.5SE Altima
                      1992 EX Coupe-FAIL

Comment

Originally posted by slostjoe View Post
                        7000 isnt over reving that much my tach is off.. I dont know that ill need that much of a bigger turbo for the power levels i would like but i will def look into this stuff. Also what are cp pistons?
                        CP is a company that manufactures pistons. They're really reputable and I've never heard a bad thing about them.

Comment

Hahaha mayberry..good shiet..yeah..I can get cp pistons for 550.00

Cp=550.00
                          Bisi rods=340.00

890.00 for piston/rod combo

Oh don't forget getting ACL race bearings both rod bearings and main crank bearings..

Reason why I say get a bigger turbo is because a build engine deserves a big turbo I've feel like I've been preaching holsets all week on here but..there good bang for buck..

Holset hx35 would be nasty on your setup..they come t3 flanged so it will bolt up to ur manifold.

Anyway..start off with what was listed above.that should get you running pretty good.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
                            lol nom nom nom

Comment

next item I shall save for...bisi valve train
                              ____

Comment

Working...
                              X