Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

what injectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what injectors?

i need to know what kind of injectors i need to run with my setup?

it is a 93 coupe ex.

completely rebuilt stock block
    5 layer mls headgasket
    bisimot cam and valve springs
    dsm setup with a big 16g
    fmic
    full 3 in. dp and exhaust
    tuned with crome

but anyways, i was gonna run dsm 450s but i heard they max out at like 250whp, i plan on 275-300 i will not be running this car everyday. but i dont want to be maxing out the injectors. so i was thinking some 550cc- 650cc. but what kind do i need being obd1 peak and hold or what. lmk thanks for any help
    278 whp 266 wtq.
    build thread. CLICK HERE
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=126819

I believe a few newer DSMs use 550cc injectors you could snag up for cheap.

Do you ever have plans to go bigger than 300whp? If not, then I'd stay with some 450's as you can up the fuel pressure. You'll definitely be close to maxing them out, but you'll be good still.

If you ever planning on going with more, do yourself a favor and buy the biggest injectors you can find. You'll never have to upgrade again.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

680cc good all around

GOT BOOST???

massive part out on accord almost everything is going

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125294

Comment

so if i get some big injectors. say 750cc's i will be ok? of course i would need a fpr so i wouldnt drown my motor and it is getting tuned
        278 whp 266 wtq.
        build thread. CLICK HERE

Comment

You won't drown your motor if you get it tuned. Any size injector over 450cc is fine on your setup. 1000cc and you'll never have to upgrade again. Will idle like stock too.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

lol. aight can i use evo9 injectors? i found a set for an ok price they are 560 cc. but what about resister boxes and stuff? lmk thanks
            278 whp 266 wtq.
            build thread. CLICK HERE

Comment

I run the evo 9 injectors, work the same as the 450's.
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

http://www.z31.com/software/injector.pl

Enjoy..

I tested this calculator to see how accurate it was..and its off by about 10whp..either that or the dynojet that I used was off

injectors:4
                Bsfc:.65
                Injector size:450cc
                Horsepower:261hp
                (I used duty cycle 1.00 = 100%)

So the calculator is pretty good considering..
                We dyno'd the car
                -stock f22a
                T3/t4 63ar
                450cc
                Big fmic
                251whp/246wtq @ 11psi

I would definetly seek something in the 600cc+ range...but IMO..injector sizing is the least of your worries if you plan on getting 300whp out of a 16g..not saying it can't be done..but on a stock bottom end..that's a lot of hot air..

Most of the guys(chess/quickangel) that ran or are running the evo3..have made around 230-40whp around 10-12psi...I forsee you having to push that 16g close to 17-18psi to hit your goal..

Might want to invest in 1.methanol kit 2.race gas to allow for longevity of your setup.

Cliffs
                1.600cc or bigger
                2.look into meth injection and/or race gas
                3.upgrade snail..lol
                Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 03-18-2009, 11:29 PM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                X