Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

new build?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new build?'s

i have decided to actually do a forged bottom end and have been thinking about using a h22 crankshaft, rods and 85.5 f22 pistons in a unsleeved f22 block.( dont plan on seeing anything over 20psi).i have a h22 crank,h23 head complete,f22 block,all i need is to figure out what crank/rod combo to go with? the only real reason i come up with for myself to go with the h22 combo is, piston speed! if i use the h22 crank/rod it uses a shorter stroke/longer rod setup. witch will give me more dwell time, lower piston speed, and lower piston speed means less stress at the same or higher rpm's! also with the dual cams i can adjust my cam overlap to help the scavenging effect and help improve the engines volumetric efficiency. that in turn will improve the overall performance of the engine. i am not looking to build a "dyno queen" or a "race car" rather a nice understated 400whp dd! the research i have done supports the 400whp goal, but i cannot find any results for a setup of this type. i have a knowledgeable tuner that is willing to take the time to "fine tune it" thank god! anyway, i dont have a issue with the f22 crank/rod/ratio other than rpm's, piston speed,and stress. i know you can turn 8k rpm with an f22 on boost, but a friend of mine and i were talking about this a week ago and he said had read somewhere that the piston speed in a f22@6500 rpm is higher than a b16@9k or a f1 car at 14k or something.i could not verify those #'s, but from the other honda builds i read through all the ones that used the 2.0l b series blocks and h22's all seem to make power more efficiently. now i know there is more to it than that (like head flow) but im going for efficiency and this seems like it to me.

all comments are welcome! please let me know your opinions,corrections, or criticism!! i will be ordering parts in 2 weeks ( thats when the machine shop said they wanted to start) just looking for other perspectives!!!

thanks
    dan
    some cars have wings cuz they look cool.
    some cars have wings cuz they increase efficiency.
    some cars have wings to keep them from taking flight.
    f1 fan

bump!what no comments? replies? opinions? motor goes to the machine shop thursday!
    f1 fan

Comment

sleeve it

GOT BOOST???

massive part out on accord almost everything is going

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125294

Comment

um are you going to be around 400hp on pump gas? our sleeves usually could walk around there. go with a h23 bottom end.

your going to need a set of pistons and rods to put up with that power and a cam for the head.
        miss my turbo cb7
        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

ended up with f22 crank rod combo due to a killer deal on wiseco pistons and pauter rods. engine is at the shop. few more weeks till i get it back. did not sleeve the block due to the fact that my funding did not support it, and im not pushing the boost past what the stock sleeves have been proven able to hold. going to keep the stock cams and stay on pump gas, might do e85 but that would be later.
          f1 fan

Comment

e85 not all that great

GOT BOOST???

Comment

Originally posted by Dep22build View Post
              e85 not all that great
              I beg to differ... E85 is awsome for turbo cars. almost all the high power turbo cars here in colorado are running it. why wouldnt you? 110 octane fuel for the price of unleaded? plus its cooling effects allow for much more tuning capabilities and leeway in flaws in your tuning.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
              member ride thread
              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                I beg to differ... E85 is awsome for turbo cars. almost all the high power turbo cars here in colorado are running it. why wouldnt you? 110 octane fuel for the price of unleaded? plus its cooling effects allow for much more tuning capabilities and leeway in flaws in your tuning.
                dont want to get in argument with you but e85 is dirty. its not perfected yet and it burns twice as much fuel than normal. also it has taken peoples fuel pumps their burning up with this stuff. and motors wear much faster using this fuel so i say Q16 all the way

GOT BOOST???

Comment

Originally posted by Dep22build View Post
                  dont want to get in argument with you but e85 is dirty. its not perfected yet and it burns twice as much fuel than normal. also it has taken peoples fuel pumps their burning up with this stuff. and motors wear much faster using this fuel so i say Q16 all the way
                  Show me proof! never seen this happen to any of our turbo fully built e85 cars here. e85 is a very clean fuel thats why its being endorsed as a green fuel it produces 50 percent less hydrocarbons than regular gas. burning up a fuel pump sounds more like impropper tuning of fuel and trying to push things beyond their capacity. MANY pro racers use e85. Motors do not wear faster because e85 has better atomization properties than pure petrol gases. The reason it is 85 is because it is 15 percent unleaded gasoline which provides not only a lubricating property to the fuel but it also helps prevent damage to components from the ethanol.

sorry for thread jacking

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                  member ride thread
                  11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                  DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                  People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                  I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                  John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

e85 is acts just like c16 race fuel. but alot cheaper just like 91 octane acts alot like c16 also, thats why some tuners tune up to 15lbs boost on 91(at least here in the midwest) then swich to c16 and tune past that, on the same tune. e85 is proven. if you do not understand what is needed to run it it will cause issues. check out the e85 mustang shootout. all on e85 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtAsmcIXXcA. all on e85 the blue 79 mustang lives near me and has been running e85 for over a year, and drives it weekly! yeah i got ot but o well to each their own.
                    f1 fan

Comment

well it runs!!!!!!! here are some pics.

no tune yet dyno is booked for another week.
                      Last edited by sleepycb7; 03-18-2009, 01:49 AM.
                      f1 fan

Comment

Looks good. Ripper vids needed asap.

As for the E85 debate, iirc you have to run 15% more E85 than you would reg pump gas due to the lower heating rate. Here's how the numbers worked out.Premium fuel has a heating value of 43.5, average ocate rating of 93, and stoichiometric ratio is 14.7 whereas E85 has a heating value of 29.19, average octane rating of 101.6, and stoichiometric ratio of 9.87. With this being said, the differences in the fuel need to be taken into consideration when tuning. If they're not then that could cause inaccuracies with the fuel and timing maps of the tune resulting in poor engine performance and wear.

Comment

i was actually just reading about that. im gonna get tuned on 91, + it turns out i have to drive like a half an hour for the nearest place to get e85, so im just gonna stick with pump gas.
                          f1 fan

Comment

Working...
                          X