Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

whos running a DSM set up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
    Oh, a WG with an atmospheric dump sounds AWESOME. If you do not recirculate the wg dump tube back to the exhaust, it opens up and sounds nasty when the wg is open.

Essentially, the way a WG works is simple. Exhaust gasses spin the turbo, once the turbo is pushing a certain psi, there is a spring that pushes open the wg. The wg acts to divert air from spinning the turbo any further and keep it from producing more boost. If your wg is too small, you will end up seeing boost creep and spikes, as not enough air can be diverted quickly enough. An external wg is pretty much always best, although an internal wg is often times good enough.

If boost creep and spiking worries you, make sure your engine management has an overboost function. When you see, let's say 12 psi, it will cut fuel or ignition, or both. This prevents you from overboosting and blowing some shiz up, hopefully.

i figured the WG works that way. just wasnt sure of it. lol.

ok. as far as the internal and external WG. i want to only be pushing like 8-10psi all together. would an internal one be goo enough? or would you suggest getting an external one just in case of the boost creep and spikes? i mean if an external WG will help with prevent the boost creep and spikes better than an internal one then ill go with it.

i never knew the WG made sounds. i need to look that up. lol. i want tobe able to hear my BOV tho. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
      a C5 stop playing!! i would even dream of trying to take one of those in my cb. lol. but hey. if i could i wouldnt mind it at all.

how much power are you running right now chess?

who would you recommend for a chipped ECU? what ECU would you think is best for an application like mine?
      dude c5 might be quick, but supercharged mustangs take them down. its all about the hp to weight ratio. if you cb weights 2800 pds and has 245hp. and a c5 corvette which weights 3200 pds and has 325 hp at 5500 rpm. so yea it will kick your ass off the line. as soon as you get traction, you be passing him showing the middle finger.
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
        i figured the WG works that way. just wasnt sure of it. lol.

ok. as far as the internal and external WG. i want to only be pushing like 8-10psi all together. would an internal one be goo enough? or would you suggest getting an external one just in case of the boost creep and spikes? i mean if an external WG will help with prevent the boost creep and spikes better than an internal one then ill go with it.

i never knew the WG made sounds. i need to look that up. lol. i want to be able to hear my BOV tho. lol.
        internal would be fine. dude the wg makes the most beautiful sound. alot better than the bov. mines sutters like crazy on low boost.
        miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
          dude c5 might be quick, but supercharged mustangs take them down. its all about the hp to weight ratio. if you cb weights 2800 pds and has 245hp. and a c5 corvette which weights 3200 pds and has 325 hp at 5500 rpm. so yea it will kick your ass off the line. as soon as you get traction, you be passing him showing the middle finger.
          internal would be fine. dude the wg makes the most beautiful sound. alot better than the bov. mines sutters like crazy on low boost.
          yeah. i shouldnt have saw that. lol. now once i get boosted ima start running around revvin on vettes. lol. j/k.

hey quick. you sellin your chipped ECU? lol.

im glad im making this thread. i dont think theres all this info in the FI section

so other than the WG, is there anything else that i need to know about that controls boost? what about the ECU? is there anyway i can have the ECU tuned to keep my power to the redline instead of dropping off at like 55oo?

Comment

yeah. i shouldnt have saw that. lol. now once i get boosted ima start running around revvin on vettes. lol. j/k.

hey quick. you sellin your chipped ECU? lol.

im glad im making this thread. i dont think theres all this info in the FI section

so other than the WG, is there anything else that i need to know about that controls boost? what about the ECU? is there anyway i can have the ECU tuned to keep my power to the redline instead of dropping off at like 55oo?
            a bisi cam will help you on top end. the ecu wont help ya there.
            miss my turbo cb7

Comment

a bisi cam will help you on top end. the ecu wont help ya there.
              dag. i was trying to avoid going to the internals. lol. but if a cam will help me with the top end that thats what ill be going for.

on thing i was thinking about was when i install the turbo i want to make it so the IC piping isnt going over the turbo and the turbo manifold. is there anyway to avoid that or will i have to get a custom turbo manifold for that?

Comment

injectors

NO REDRILLING IS REQUIRED.

Just use oil to lube it up.

Install lower seal with lube on the inside of the ring and put the injectors on. Then push it on. The 3 bolts to hold your fuel rail on will push the injectors in further. Should fit just fine.

NO redrilling required.

And as far as charge piping you can get someone who can weld your j-pipe and your ok. Just remember to spend the money wisely cause you want your setup to run efficient.
                MadLab Racing
                Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                  NO REDRILLING IS REQUIRED.

Just use oil to lube it up.

Install lower seal with lube on the inside of the ring and put the injectors on. Then push it on. The 3 bolts to hold your fuel rail on will push the injectors in further. Should fit just fine.

NO redrilling required.

And as far as charge piping you can get someone who can weld your j-pipe and your ok. Just remember to spend the money wisely cause you want your setup to run efficient.
                  Injectors: i didnt know that they just go in. i thought you had to like drimel the seals a little bit at least that what the install instructions in this part of the FI said.

Charge piping: the j-pipe is the down pipe right? im nit much on the turbo lingo just yet. lol. i dont think i would have much of a problem with the down pipe tho. wouldnt the down pipe from the DSM kit fit? or is it not the right shape.

Comment

dont ever post in threads again if thats all your going to say. if your just going to have a one word post then that can be considered post whoreing and your post count get set back to zero. dont do it again. im asking for info, not some idiot that only post one word.
                    You going to stop me tough guy? I dont need to post whore and dont give a shit about my post count.

Either post something informative, or do not post at all.

I know for a FACT that you can take many of those cars, especially from a roll.

Get one that is heavily modified, and perhaps not, but even on a mildly modded one, you will stand a good chance at handing it to them. Even a c5 vette will go down to a turbo cb7.

I speak from experience.
                    Not on a 14b running stock boost.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
                      You going to stop me tough guy? I dont need to post whore and dont give a shit about my post count.

dude you dont know what the fuck you are talking about. stop making a idiot of yourself. anyone that gives good info in the forced induction forum, have been and done shit to know and prove other people. a 14b pulls hard. believe me. if you have never drove a boosted 14b accord you will never know. half of the guys on the FI section have or had boosted cbs with 14bs.
                      Last edited by quickangel93; 10-23-2008, 06:53 PM.
                      miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Yes he will, or I will, or any other mod will if you keep acting childish. We don't need anymore attitude around this place, we have enough as it is.

And 12 psi on a 14b can beat any of the cars we were discussing.

I speak from experience, so please, don't tell me otherwise.
                        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

if you dont have or never have had a boosted cb then stop posting or be banned or your post count reset to zero. period. getting smart with any mod is means for a ban.

Yes he will, or I will, or any other mod will if you keep acting childish. We don't need anymore attitude around this place, we have enough as it is.

And 12 psi on a 14b can beat any of the cars we were discussing.

I speak from experience, so please, don't tell me otherwise.

what do you think i can run in the 1/4mile with about 10psi?

Comment

if you dont have or never have had a boosted cb then stop posting or be banned or your post count reset to zero. period. getting smart with any mod is means for a ban.

it all matters how could you could handle it. id say low 15s. if its cold, high 14s
                            miss my turbo cb7

Comment

God only knows. 13's - 17's! Too many variables really.
                              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

ive just read every post in this thread and have learned so much. i gotta find a dsm turbo setup soon and start building. i want a stock f22 with a dsm turbo setup with a 14b most likely running 8 lbs for a dd and get a boost controller to turn it up to 12 when needed.
                                if any1 has a kit avail lmk

one ? tho.

what ecu and what chip is prefferred for a dsm setup on stock f22?

p06? p28?

thanks

also whats a 14g out of?
                                Last edited by 91project; 10-24-2008, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X