Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Hondata Kpro? Need some thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hondata Kpro? Need some thoughts.

So as you old timers know I have an 02 civic turboed. Well Emanage didnt work out so well as planned as it was used and I think was broken to begin with. But yeah idk it wont hook up to my new laptop anymore so I have been working my ass off trying to save 1,050 for Kpro w/ cam gear for my D17.

I currently will have enough on Tuesday when I get paid. But my problem is i can't find an RSX-S or a civic SI ECU anywhere for a decent price <200$ shipped.

If anyone can help me out that would be awesome.

Also Kpro I have read alot on and seems like its the best for me or AEM but more people use the Kpro so that's what I'm going to get. Now Will this be 10x more reliable then any piggyback system? IF i drive my car all winter will it be reliable under 8lbs of boost? NOTHING more... Well let me know...

I just don't wanna blow my cash on something that's not worth it. I was also thinking of taking everything off till the spring but thats way more work plus I would have to get another exahust made, new oil pan etc etc. so yeah blah

let me know your input on Kpro!

cheers!

weird any info?

Comment

You're doubting hondata before you doubted emanage?

Somethings wrong with you boy.

k series anything is poop. But kpro is your best bet for tuning. as long as you tune it properly.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175 View Post
        weird any info?
        I still dont know why you post here about these kind of questions when you should be talking to other people like clint and andy on civicforums and 7thgenhonda. I all ready told you the same thing they will tell you, that KPro is the best tuning solution for the D17. Emanage blows monkey balls, and AEM is rediculously expensive.

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
        You're doubting hondata before you doubted emanage?

Somethings wrong with you boy.

k series anything is poop. But kpro is your best bet for tuning. as long as you tune it properly.

I dunno what you mean by K Series anything is poop...but Hondata KPro is the best tuning option for all K Series and the D17. Hondata has put alot of time and R&D into this product. I havent seen one person that has encountered a problem with KPro.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
        So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316 View Post
          I dunno what you mean by K Series anything is poop...but Hondata KPro is the best tuning option for all K Series and the D17. Hondata has put alot of time and R&D into this product. I havent seen one person that has encountered a problem with KPro.
          How many actual non dyno shop working, big hp building tuners do you know? THe owners of these cars usually don't know the first thing about tuning, so how can you trust what they say? Just because a car appears to run fine, doesn't mean it is. A tuner won't tell them their car isnt running right of course, because its not a problem with the actual car, it's with the tuning program.

Hondata has put a lot of time copying from other tuning options and trying to monopolize the tuning game.

K series is crap. End of story. It is something only tuners will understand.

Comment

I guess a 500 whp at 31 lbs D17 isnt good on KPro? Or a over 600whp built K20 on Kpro isnt good enough. Like i said, everyone in the RSX, Civic, Elements, all run Kpro these days, and none of them have problems using it. Kpro does way more than Crome does, and i guess that means Hondata copied the Crome software right? Wrong. With the ecu design of these new ecu's its the only thing out there. I think you only say KSeries is crap is because you dont fully understand it yet. Still stuck on the OBD1 master, the new age of Honda is KSeries.

I think the only problem is that you have to pay for Hondata tuning solutions instead of using a free/cheaper option like Crome. Which Crome and Uberdata copied from Hondata if i remember correcly.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
            So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Stay away from Another Engine Mishap.

60% of the time it works all of the time.

You could dish out 1200 for a Haltech E6X and get a full standalone with a built in 2.5 bar map sensor. It would not be plug and play, but if you had a jumper harness, you could make one, it is really easy. Very good piece, although an E8 is better, it is about $300 more and does not have a built in map sensor.

As for your particular application, if you arent going for crazy hp numbers though, a full standalone might not be necessary, although the tune is of the utmost importance. No system is without its flaws however, so do some research on whatever you go with.
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Also, we are doing a K series standalone, based on our new Platinum series ECU, the same that our 350Z ECU is based on, and feature wise, it is going to blow KPro out of the water. Better resolution, features, cam control, inputs, outputs, etc. Granted, the cost will be more, but if it is as good of a piece as the 350Z Platinum is, then it will be well worth it.

Comment

Lack their of experience with said software..id efight but im on my fone..so meh..ill save it for when I get home..

42whp gain on a rsx-s with bolt ons and cams..is impressive in my book..

Start looking at dynocharts of milder setup..not ur "tuner 100k cars) and u will see even the little guy making good gains..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Speaking of dynos..chess u owe me something..as I owe u something..we need 2 make this happen..im almost done with the build(tee hee)

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Good deal. A common misconception people have is that your ems will magically create 100 hp more.

No, a good ems will allow you to get that 100 hp more out of your engine if it is at all possible. Better resolution will make the power feel smoother, less hiccupy, etc.

Comment

I guess a 500 whp at 31 lbs D17 isnt good on KPro? Or a over 600whp built K20 on Kpro isnt good enough. Like i said, everyone in the RSX, Civic, Elements, all run Kpro these days, and none of them have problems using it. Kpro does way more than Crome does, and i guess that means Hondata copied the Crome software right? Wrong. With the ecu design of these new ecu's its the only thing out there. I think you only say KSeries is crap is because you dont fully understand it yet. Still stuck on the OBD1 master, the new age of Honda is KSeries.

I think the only problem is that you have to pay for Hondata tuning solutions instead of using a free/cheaper option like Crome. Which Crome and Uberdata copied from Hondata if i remember correcly.
                        Crome copied nothing from Hondata. Uber, not sure about. Why do you think Hondata wanted full control over pgmfi.org? It sure as hell wasnt because someone was going to copy their products. If we wanted to, it would have been done a long time ago.

Like I said, just because a car seems to be running good and is making high power, doesn't mean its running right. K series and the way ivtec works is stupid as far as the tuning goes.

Kpro is pretty much the ONLY thing they can run. There's not much of a choice.

It's problems with the actual program that cause stupid head aches for tuners. When a product costs so much, you expect it to work like a dream, not a nightmare. The tuners will never tell the customer their having a problems tuning a car tho.

Theres so many 600whp cars running on Crome that you would have never guessed Crome has bugs that make it a pain in the ass to tune.

Just because the car is running great, doesn't make it any less of a pain to tune with the program.

Like I said, it's something only a tuner, or anyone that has tuned a vehicle with tuning software will understand.

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
                          Speaking of dynos..chess u owe me something..as I owe u something..we need 2 make this happen..im almost done with the build(tee hee)
                          Ha, what have you done now! Hit me up on aim sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                            Good deal. A common misconception people have is that your ems will magically create 100 hp more.

No, a good ems will allow you to get that 100 hp more out of your engine if it is at all possible. Better resolution will make the power feel smoother, less hiccupy, etc.
                            It's also not dependant on only the EMS. K series engines have the ability to make big power, regardless of tuning software.

The easiest way I can explain it is like this:
                            Underdrive crank pulleys make power, but its not good for the engine, at all.

while an engine makes great power on a cetain ems, it doesn't mean the ems is the best thing to end all.

Just like Crome. It makes cars run perfectly, but not without causing head aches for the tuner. Trust me, Crome has A LOT of bugs that make it a pain to tune cars. Timing being the biggest problem.

I guess as just a buyer, not an engine builder or tuner, kpro is great. That's not the case with tuners.

I don't have personal experience with Kpro, just feed back from some of the best known tuners around;Chris Harris and Joseph Davis.
                            Last edited by d112crzy; 09-28-2008, 02:49 PM.

Comment

I still dont know why you post here about these kind of questions when you should be talking to other people like clint and andy on civicforums and 7thgenhonda. I all ready told you the same thing they will tell you, that KPro is the best tuning solution for the D17. Emanage blows monkey balls, and AEM is rediculously expensive.

becuase noone is ever online and is there to talk to. civicforums are DEAD and noone ever answers questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X