Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What do you think of my h22 turbo plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of my h22 turbo plan?

Allright heres the story. In the begining of this summer I helped my friend build a d16z6 turbo eg hatch. It has a 16g dsm setup with greddy type s bov. This is what the car looks like as of yesterday.

He dosent have collision, so he is parting the car out and gave me the bov, intercooler piping, side mount, oil lines, manifold and turbo (no shaft play) for free. I know the manifold wont fit on the h22 without alot of customization, so I am planning on getting an ebay manifold and welding on a flange then using the rest of the kit with a custom downpipe. I would also run a low compression head gasket and be tuned on a p28 hondata s300, running no more then 6 psi. I know the turbo would peak early, prob around 6500 rpm, but do you think this would be a fun setup to mess around with? or does this sound like a big booom?
    Last edited by rossisalvage; 08-04-2008, 01:41 AM.
    ALL PARTS MUST GO
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157038

Link to my turbobuild/members ride
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=110483

it will be fine. tune it to 10psi. it will spool pretty quick too
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Personally I think it's too small of a turbo for an h22

SOLD!!
      Boosted H22
      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

it sounds like a pretty good plan to me. it might be a bit too small but nothing says you cant upgrade lol. you have a good ass friend.

im pissin on the game feel like i got a weak blatter

Comment

Originally posted by xprojectcb7x View Post
          it sounds like a pretty good plan to me. it might be a bit too small but nothing says you cant upgrade lol. you have a good ass friend.
          Yea I think thats what im going to do. This will be my first turbo setup ive done on an h22, so I want to start small just to mess around with it before I go big. haha yea hes a good friend, but I spent so much time building his car so it equals out.

What turbo manifold should I use? Seems like all the ones on ebay have an external wastegate setup. Should I get one of them and weld a plate to block it off? Or are there other manifolds?
          ALL PARTS MUST GO

Comment

The 16g is a GREAT street turbo. I have seen guys run them on some of the stroked 4g63's, so unless you just have to have something bigger or are going to build it up and make crazy power, the 16g is a great turbo.

However, there are multiple versions of the 16g, the largest of which is the evo III Big 16g, and that would be optimal for your setup, if you go with a 16g.
            2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
            2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

the OP says he only wants 6psi, so i doubt he is going for big numbers. the 16g isnt a huge turbo, isnt even really a big turbo, so 6-10psi on a h22 will be perfect. just dont drive it til its on the dyno
              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Aye.

Reading pwns me.

Yeah, a 16g would be great, would spool quick, and flow pretty well.

Also, boost is kind of like cocaine. You start out saying, Im only going to do 6 psi.

Next thing you know, you're in debt, you've sold all of your spare parts, and you're running around with Kate Moss at 1 bar.

Turbo, its a hell of a drug.
                Last edited by chessboxer; 08-04-2008, 12:40 AM.

Comment

thats the funniest shit ive read in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                    Aye.

Reading pwns me.

Also, boost is kind of like cocaine. You start out saying, Im only going to do 6 psi.

Next thing you know, you're in debt, you've sold all of your spare parts, and you're running around with Kate Moss at 1 bar.

Hahahaha. allright im gonna order an ebay manifold then and block off the wastegate port. I will also weld in some supports to stregthen the manfiold, then weld on the 16g flange. Im just looking for something fun to play around with on the streets, and something that spools quick. Ill keep the thread updated thanks for the help
                    ALL PARTS MUST GO

Comment

If at all possible, stay external wastegate. We converted mine from internal to external, as the dsm stuff is known to creep like a mug.

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                        Aye.

Reading pwns me.

funny but true
                        Dont drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly

Comment

definately do external.

Comment

do you have a link or diy for the internal to external conversion? I wanted to go external, but I didnt know that was possible to convert.
                            ALL PARTS MUST GO

Comment

Pull off the internal wg and weld the flap shut. Then put on the external usually manifolds have a tap for an external gate depending on which one your using.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X