Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

trouble finding parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trouble finding parts.

I'm looking to boost and build my f22a1 in my accord and i was wondering where i could find forged pistons so i can run a 16g turbo setup. and any recommendation on a cam choice would be helpful thanks.
    My cb7

h22a
    5-spd lsd
    Lord, grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the wisdom to hide the bodies
    of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

bisimoto.com has all your needs.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
      bisimoto.com has all your needs.
      the only pistons on bisimoto for the f- series engine are the 12:1 pistons and thats to high of a compression ratio to run boost right?
      My cb7

h22a
      5-spd lsd

Comment

Originally posted by f22a1accord View Post
        the only pistons on bisimoto for the f- series engine are the 12:1 pistons and thats to high of a compression ratio to run boost right?
        you asked for a camshaft.

yea dont run 12.1 or you blow the whole bottom end. 9.5 should be your highest.
        miss my turbo cb7
        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by f22a1accord View Post
          thats not the only piston he carries, from what i udnerstand he carries the entire arias line.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
            thats not the only piston he carries, from what i udnerstand he carries the entire arias line.
            Look to CP or Wiseco... Not a fan of ARIAS.
            750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
            realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

Originally posted by Supergenius View Post
              Look to CP or Wiseco... Not a fan of ARIAS.
              any personal experience or reasoning for not liking them??

BB2F22-T3super60:250hp/275lb-ft @10psi

Comment

Arias makes great pistons. As does JE, CP, Wiseco, and Ross...

I'd like also to know why you don't like Arias...

-Kyle
                SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Try this site all they work with are F22 motors
                  www.f22parts.com
                  Arcadia Green Crew Member #9

Comment

Originally posted by Hondatuner998 View Post
                    Try this site all they work with are F22 motors
                    www.f22parts.com
                    OP:

DO NOT SPEND ONE DIME at F22parts... Their shit is ALL overpriced...... You can do MUCH better and ALL the shit they have is available if you know where to look, if you dont, ask... LMK what youre looking for... If im bored ill try and help you out

As for why not Arias, Ive used them before in a V8 application and wasnt happy with them. But to each their own.... I had a bad experience, not someone elses heresay..... Plenty of people have had good luck with them, my OPINION personally is that I wont ever buy a set again. No explanation nedded. They failed.

The Endyns in my origanal build shit the bed in my H22 when I machined my block to Larrys spec too.... The piston to wall (even at the loose end of his spec) was not enough for the power Im making and the pistons hit the walls, destroying them, so now I have a 640 dollar set of ashtrays... He tried to blame it on tuning and Tuning was SPOT ON..... They have a higer silica content in them (supposedly) that the off the shelf Wisecos (Wiseco manufactures the raw slugs for him but the metalurgy is SUPPOSED to be different). They are supposed to not expand as much (due to the higher silica content), hence the ability to run tighter... However my machinist was weary ( I believe the spec for 87mm bore was .0032) he wanted to open it up a half a though... I elected not to - Sure wish I would have listened.

I got owned... Not 1 hint of detonation on the pistons, or evidence of a lean condition.... Piston to Wall was just to tight... In the end Endyn wasnt supportive AT ALL either, So Ill never buy or reccomend them again either.

If I seem to be an asshole i appologize, but Im not here just to bash on peoples shit, however I do have experience with that of which I speak or I keep the fuck quiet to try and learn..... Ultimately I just hope that people can find some srt of insight from my sucess, and failure both... Saving them the money and effort that doesnt need to be spent fixing something you can avoid, ya know?

I went with CPs this time, went .001 bigger than spec (due to the prior "lesson", and my motor has lasted 9400 miles thus far CONTINUALLY beaten at 600+ WHP Ecveryday I drive it. I just pulled the head off due to an overrev missed shitft (12k RPMS) and the cylinder walls and pistons look NEW.

You can still see the crosshatches in the walls, and the CNC marks on the piston crown......

Cant say enough about Ferrea comp 6000 valves or Supertech Springs and retainers... My head is fine (OVER 12K FTW!!!) THANK GOD...lol.

Need a new oil pump (gear broke) and im going to change te rod bolts and bearings Just because... But am really happy the motor is healthy as it is....

Thats my experience.
                    Last edited by Supergenius; 06-23-2008, 08:11 PM.
                    750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
                    realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

thank you, thats exactly what i was looking for. not calling you an asshole but any means either, i just wanted to sort out someones opinion from facts (or in this case, a bad experience)

BB2F22-T3super60:250hp/275lb-ft @10psi

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                        you asked for a camshaft.

yea dont run 12.1 or you blow the whole bottom end. 9.5 should be your highest.
                        actually i said any recomendation on a cam would be nice. so my question would be. what compression should i run? im looking at doing a 16g set-up hopefully around 20psi
                        My cb7

h22a
                        5-spd lsd

Comment

Bisimoto does have a turbo grind for the f22. Seeing as he is highly recommended, I'd go for it.
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

ive seen the bisimoto turbo cam and that is what i will prolly go with. i was just wondering if there were other brands or suggestions.
                            My cb7

h22a
                            5-spd lsd

Comment

anyone... come on i want input. I found arias pistons for turbo applications but are there any others?
                              My cb7

h22a
                              5-spd lsd

Comment

Working...
                              X