Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Clutch suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the action 2ms is just a lot more grabby than stock, it drives fine but you cant really slip it at all Ive found due to higher pedal effort and short release. the clutch is amazing though along with the flywheel. I highly recomend it unless your goal is for alot of dd with less than 300hp, than 1ms would do fine, and be easier to use!
    Bisimoto FTMFW! I ll support him, because of his great salesmenship and all other aspects of the transaction I made with him, very smooth btw!
    Plus he rocks the f22 in his insight.

WaC!

Comment

im running competition stage 4

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
      member ride thread
      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Competition Clutch 6puck sprung hub. Won't use anything else unless I need a twin-disc.

It took 400whp drag racing launches without a problem.
        wat

Comment

Originally posted by straightedge View Post
          Competition Clutch 6puck sprung hub. Won't use anything else unless I need a twin-disc.

It took 400whp drag racing launches without a problem.

that's exactly what i'm having my fabricator order for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sobeman81 View Post
            I'm interested in knowing what brand/stage clutch people are running for their turbo setups. Especially people making 350+ WHP.

I'm looking to get a 6 puck sprung clutch. I hear mixed reviews about all companies. So i'm trying to hear from just the boosted guys. Ofcourse anyone else can chime in too, if what you are saying makes sense

Thank you kind sirs and gentle ladies.
            I'm currently using the Competition Clutch Stage 5. which are very reasonably priced.

http://shopping.lightningmotorsports...cat=729&page=1

However, I plan on upgrading to a twin disc after the stage 5 burns out.
            600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

im using a sprung 6 puck, works great even for my power level. CC 6 puck should work great.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

so i ordered the Competition Clutch stage 4 along with a fidanza 8lb. I know i know, should've got the 12lber, but we couldn't find it. so 8lb it is for now.

Comment

so i ordered the Competition Clutch stage 4 along with a fidanza 8lb. I know i know, should've got the 12lber, but we couldn't find it. so 8lb it is for now.
                  Man be carefull weith those 3 pc findanza POSs.. The bolts come OUT of the starter ring and find themselves lodgesd INSIDE tranny cases... Ask DRQPQUT.

Get a 1 pc ChroMo FW... Trust me.
                  750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
                  realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

Originally posted by Supergenius View Post
                    Man be carefull weith those 3 pc findanza POSs.. The bolts come OUT of the starter ring and find themselves lodgesd INSIDE tranny cases... Ask DRQPQUT.

the fidanza's really staying on for just the summer..will definetly look into the chromo for next summer's buildup..

Comment

Originally posted by Supergenius View Post

Hmm, now that you speak of it, It seems to be a common problem. I have a flywheel with that problem currently. I just bought new bolts and replaced them.

But when you get the fidanza flywheel I would just take out the bolts that hold the starter gear and put some thread locker on them then reinstall them.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
                        Hmm, now that you speak of it, It seems to be a common problem. I have a flywheel with that problem currently. I just bought new bolts and replaced them.

But when you get the fidanza flywheel I would just take out the bolts that hold the starter gear and put some thread locker on them then reinstall them.
                        yup, definately being proactive will help, but as the aluminum (Teh Flywheel) and steel (which the ring is composed of) have different thermal expansion rates... They usually work themselves out regardless...

Seen the older twin disks that dont have 1 pc chrome moly FWs do it too... The design has since been changed and most ALL twin FWs are 1 pc Chrome moly. Theres only a 2 LB difference anyways (most all of the friction disks and most of the related hardware are manufacturted by the same company then resold to CC,CM, Tilton etc).

That M2B4 LSD tranny that DROPOUT broke was indeed due to a shops FAIL in R&Ring a fucked up clutch and not finding one of the bolts that had came out of the ring gear of the clutch THEY sold him. They didnt even look for the missing bolts, put a new clutch in it, and after oil getting all over the fucking place, the tranny (the shop sold him too) had a crack in the bellhousing the size of a car key.... I went there flopped it over and indeed SAW the fucking bolt sitting on the diff carrier. Dude blamed justin and wouldnt warrantee either one....

I pulled the tranny apart, Welded then JB welded the crack in the case....threw a 2nd gearset, set of shifter forks and a 5th gear syncro set in it and have beaten the sheeeeeeit out of it in my car for 2 months now.

LOL..

FIndanzas are junk.

8Velocity in Lynnwood
                        realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

Comment

thats why im using an oem flywheel, to avoid BS problems like that

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX View Post
                            thats why im using an oem flywheel, to avoid BS problems like that
                            at your power range you are having no issues with am oem flywheel??? that's very interesting. i might just turn around and sell the fidanza and get an oem or chrome moly like genius is saying. wanna help me find a chrome moly genius??

Comment

at your power range you are having no issues with am oem flywheel??? that's very interesting. i might just turn around and sell the fidanza and get an oem or chrome moly like genius is saying. wanna help me find a chrome moly genius??

Get ahold of Mike at LSD motorsports... We put one in Justins car... Its a nice piece.. Just as Nice as the ACT ones. Tell him Spiker sent you and he'll probably hook you up with a deal too....

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

Comment

I run a stage 3 competition with lightweight steel flywheel. I think it's 10 or 12 lbs.
                                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Working...
                                X