Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Clutch suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch suggestions?

I'm interested in knowing what brand/stage clutch people are running for their turbo setups. Especially people making 350+ WHP.

I'm looking to get a 6 puck sprung clutch. I hear mixed reviews about all companies. So i'm trying to hear from just the boosted guys. Ofcourse anyone else can chime in too, if what you are saying makes sense

Thank you kind sirs and gentle ladies.

anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Sobeman81 View Post
      anyone?
      Well there are a few companies that are good. Exedy seems to be the popular choice, but there are a few more. I have a stage 3 Bully clutch which is capable of handling 350whp. You can google bully clutch and check out their products, they are a really good company
      Last edited by mozzandherb; 06-16-2008, 09:07 PM.

SOLD!!
      Boosted H22
      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

COMPETITION STAGE4 CLUTCH OVER HERE,only heard good things about them,
        can't wait to break her ass in ,Should be good for you

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

Ive got an act 6 puck, however I don't remember the model name or anything. It is supposed to be good for around 400 whp. Has been a great clutch for the past year for sure.
          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

ty for your replies everyone. Keep em coming. I'm sure someone has asked/wondered/will ask this question in the future. So if they know how to search, they should be able to head in the right direction.

Comment

ACT FTW! great reliability and performance.
              Confucius say...when god gives you gators...make Gatorade

Comment

BISIMOTO, FTW, especially cause he runs f22a in his 9 second insight drag car with them!
                2ms
                for around 400+ hp (turbo guys like me use this one lol)
                grippy as heck, triple the pedal effort and almost immediate release.

1ms
                for under 400 hp,
                have yet to use one but will in the na cb7

Also very nice guy good to deal with and fast shipper!

Will be dragging this weekend at 15psi I hope, and well see how amazing this clutch is for my setup, but DD it seems really well. Hard at first to get used to but seems solid and now I know to keep revs up a bit more than my old centreforce dual friction.

The centreforce dual friction clutch will be good for most apps. has about twice the pedal pressure than stock, but is nicer so you know its in or released, and grips very well, probably a 50% increase in holding capacity over stock. This clutch held for my 14b setup making around 180-200 hp
                so it will be fantastic for stock or bolt on motors!

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord View Post
                  BISIMOTO, FTW, especially cause he runs f22a in his 9 second insight drag car with them!
                  2ms
                  for around 400+ hp (turbo guys like me use this one lol)
                  grippy as heck, triple the pedal effort and almost immediate release.

1ms
                  for under 400 hp,
                  have yet to use one but will in the na cb7

Also very nice guy good to deal with and fast shipper!

Will be dragging this weekend at 15psi I hope, and well see how amazing this clutch is for my setup, but DD it seems really well. Hard at first to get used to but seems solid and now I know to keep revs up a bit more than my old centreforce dual friction.

The centreforce dual friction clutch will be good for most apps. has about twice the pedal pressure than stock, but is nicer so you know its in or released, and grips very well, probably a 50% increase in holding capacity over stock. This clutch held for my 14b setup making around 180-200 hp
                  so it will be fantastic for stock or bolt on motors!

eeesssh triple pedal effort..almost impossible for daily driving lol. Bisi doesnt have the clutches listed on his website. Might be a call and talk item only. i don't mind finding out more from him though. thank you sir.

Comment

i just recently got a stage 1 exedy. ill tell you how it is.
                    miss my turbo cb7
                    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Exedy oem replacement here. Not super performance but it feels exacly like stock. Probly not what you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                        Exedy oem replacement here. Not super performance but it feels exacly like stock. Probly not what you are looking for.
                        i hope an OEM replacement feels like stock :P. anybody else?? i'm leaning towards an ACT setup with a fidanza flywheel

Comment

i was going to order that Ebay special on the Exedy oe clutch with an F1 11.5pound flywheel since i need a flywheel anyways.

Comment

Bisimoto 2ms over here, i talked to bisi and he said that this clutch is not that bad for daily driving, i also have his 8.9lb flywheel the car isnt running yet so i cant say anything about them but bisi is a super honest guy and his shit is top notch!
                            1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

Competition twin disk here. Love it... Its a little weird to get used to (it makes noise with the plates rattling around when its disengaged)... But the pedal pressure is ALOT nicer than sopme of the uberstif singe disk setups... One things for sure: stay with a sprung disk if youre going to drive it on the street. WHP is SOMEWHAT irrelevant though... Its tq that matters (although you can ROUGHLY derive the numbers from a HP measure...

Overly stiff PPs can cause alot of shit with thrust bearings. Ive experienced it... Hence the Twin with 2 disks is ALOT nicer to your leg than a retarded 3000ish lb plate. It simply doesnt NEED that much spring... I believer it ocverkill for your goals though.. My vote is for a sprung 6 puck cerametallic disk with a moderatre PP... (NO CRAZY ASS stiff PPS)

We put a LSD dragger (cheap) in DRQPQUTs car and he has NO issues at all at ou rpower level. I origiunally had one and had no issues at 500 ish WHP (around 370tq at the time)....

IF you choose to go with LSD LMK I can help hook you up a deal. Mike has been VERY good to me and you CANNOT beat the customer service.

He even sent Fat ass a new PP and disk when his shit the bed.... and it wasnt even the clutches fault

IF you are interested.. LMK.
                              750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
                              realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

Working...
                              X