Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Running Coolant Lines To 14b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Coolant Lines To 14b

N E 1 here no where i can get the coolant lines for the 14b, or what i would need to buy from the auto store/hardware store to run the coolant lines?

i want to run mines, they're there so i minest well run them.

Thanks
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

me and eric still havent run coolant lines, we just have our oil lines, and we keep the car runnin for a while before we turn it off.....we still dont know the fitting sizes...so eh...we know where tap and return but the fittin gis a biotch!!

Turbo CB7 is Gone ...But I Still Come Around
    AWD TURBO IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!

Comment

i think, im not sure, but Fast93accord on HS has the coolant lines ran, i think i seen a lol shot of it.

ill ask him and find out
      thanks
      NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

I think the coolant lines for the 14B are banjo style fittings. You could try to find some of the correct size barbs and just use barbs. I would just take the turbo down to your local Ace hardware and start looking. They are american Turbos so they probably won't have metric fittings.
        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

i cant do that seeing as its in the car already, so if one of you guys that havent put it in yet could figure it out, thatd be great

anyways....i mean its not like its horrible w/o them...just cool your car down for a while before shutting it off

Comment

think a eclipse or talon might carry it?
            being as tho thats where it came from, do they even run the coolant lines?
            NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

we should jsut pull the stock fittings off...and run new lines?

Comment

talked to him and yeap, he ran the coolant lines

said he brought the stock lines from a guy, then just ran it to lines he brought, so the best bet so far is to fine stock lines.
                NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

awseum...i doubt ill need it, but if i ever feel like doin it ill get the stock lines, but really, just leave the car runnin for a while, itll be all good

Comment

So if you run the coolant lines, you wouldnt need a turbo timer?

Comment

no, cuz if your car gets too hot your radiator kicks on and runs coolant thru your turbo... , but you could just let your car run for a while after your done driving, i do that anways cuz i have to put away my headunit and hide my afc and ish

Comment

thought of and seen a way to run it, pretty simple to.

just get 2 fittings (like the oil return fittings) that will fit the coolant slots on the turbo and run coolant hoses to and from them to your coolant source....

what u guys think?
                        NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

carlos told me where to top and return, i forgot where but ask him about that

Comment

hey what did you use to plug the coolant lines in the turbo? the coolant lines are the 2 holes on the side rite? and the oil line is in the middle? aite thanks

Comment

me and my buddy are not runnin coolant lines..while I am still waiting on the rest of my setup, we take the fans on our cars..and run a switch to them..drive like usual, but when you are done, shut the car off..leave the fans on. then, after like 5 minutes, shut them off with your switch..

-A. Swift
                              CB7 member number 137
                              Black Doubt Crew member #2
                              Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

Working...
                              X