Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

P06 ecu information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P06 ecu information

I have a local honda guru that is going to Chip and mod a P06 ECU for me. With a Spoon chip too! He says its 200 bucks everything in, all modded, all firmware on it, and everything mapped for my mods. Also he will be playing around with the injectors to get me a bit more power, possibly even upgrading them to the DSM injectors.
    Everything im upgrading is as follows:
    H22 I/M
    A6 Camshaft or aftermarket, not sure yet, need imput on this...
    the exhaust header i have on already
    short ram intake

With this kinda stuff i SHOULD be able to punch 160 at the wheels correct?
    Ive seen other people chip it alone and get about 140 on a Stock A1, and with these upgrades, i should get some fine results.
    Gimme some imput on this;... lemme know what i should be doing (if i should get more parts) or wether i should get different parts.
    Thanks
    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

The h22 intake mani doesn't bolt up to the f22 head. You can swap the plenum and runners onto that of an a6 or h23 and bolt that on your f22 head, but not the h22 full IM.

Check this thread as my resource. But keep us posted dude, I'm about to get a p06 chipped for my h23 head swap.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ntake+manifold

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Ok, i could be wrong about the I/M, it was off either the H22 or the H23... or was it just the plenum runners that was replaced? I cant remember off the top of my head, but lemme know about this, as im probably going to end up doing it this weekend. Also im going to get the I/M ported and polished before i get the chip.. however the chip is going to have to wait till about january since Xmas is just around the corner, my mod fund was depleted.... Lemme know about the I/M stuff.... i was almost certain the H22/H23 fit on there... but i coulda read that wrong.

I'm reading that thread very carefully now btw... I may not need answers right away, it covers most of it. Not sure wether i want to remove the butterflies though.
      Last edited by js593; 12-10-2007, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Yeah in the thread it states that the h22 runners will not fit on the f22 head. Theh22 and h23 runners are different. The h22 and h23 plenum and tb are the same. The entire h23 intake manifold fits on the f22 head. Maybe that's what you're thinking of? The h23's bolt pattern is the same as the f22ax, but the runners are of a different length

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

OMGz a spoon chip! fast fast!

Seriously though, I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything near 160 with what you listed.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

As mentioned h22 IM does NOT bolt up. Anyway you wont be trappin 140 anywhere...A spoon chip? You gotta be kidding me for an F series. Think about it when did spoon make stuff for an F series...I have never seen spoon work on an F series if it is it must be some really rare item. Its most likely some generic crap. I have a skunk2 tune I purchased from Ebay. I regret it but it was needed to run my car for the amount of time I needed it. Barely got 300 to a tank sometimes with that tune and ran rich as fuck above 3000. If you want to do a p06 do it right and tune it not just throwing some random "spoon" chip or whatnot in there. H22 and H23 IM runners are NOT the same especially the way they mate to the head. You are not going to be even close to 160 at the wheels I dont know who put that in your head. Most people with those mods have put around 130 or so at the wheels on a healthy motor as I recall. Thats delta 272, IHE, H23 IM mod.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Well 160 was my guess... but i gues im wrong... Its just enough to give it more push... And yes, its a Spoon chip. The chip was designed for any moded ECU, and you actually buy the rights to the program, and there IS an option for tuning the F22 ECU map. The only reason why im not doing it is cause id rather not even go there. he said he can do it on the P06 without any issues, wether or not the chip is a spoon, or not, as long as it works im happy. and he said if anything does happen to the chip to come back to him,and he will fix it, no charge. Since the F22a1's come with 125, the list that deev put out a while back in the beginner forum stated you should be able to achieve 145 HP with the A6/A4/H23 items listed. IF thats true, aftermarket headers (more open then the A4 header) should free up even more, and once its properly tuned, i might push 150, i know its silly, and i know it sounds imposible, but im going for it. Once i have everything in place, i will get the car dyno'd and we will see what i put out. If im wrong, i'll admit it, i have no fear of being wrong, its a learning curve for me, not a dead end. Gotta take the turn to be able to keep going, and all of ya should know that one we were all newbies once. And im a proud newbie

Comment

Yeah I'm a noobie too. But that doesn't mean you can't take some advice for others, I highly doubt 160 at the wheels.

And I believe that 150 you're thinking of is at the crank, not at the wheels.
                Click for my ride thread.

Comment

I made 152whp

I/H/E
                  F22B DOHC IM
                  Delta 272 cam
                  No balance shaft belt
                  No P/S

Only tuning was via a Fuel Pressure Regulator, set at 60psi
                  Gained 25whp at redline. And that was just the cam.

I/H/E- 119whp (Auto trans.)
                  I/H/E, F22B IM, 5spd swap- 135whp
                  Everything above+Delta 272 cam- 147whp (FPR set to 43psi, untuned)
                  Everything above- 152whp (FPR set to 60psi)

Does that help anyone? I'm looking for at least 160whp after I get my Hondata S300.

-Kyle
                  SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                  -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Dyno chart, Type of dyno used?

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=39683&page=2

Dyno graphs are about halfway down the page.

Dyno used was a Dynojet

-Kyle
                      Last edited by F22Turbo702; 12-11-2007, 12:40 AM.
                      SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                      -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Working...
                      X